Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 08, 2003

Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-22-2003, 6:39 AM Reply   
Their have been a few threads here and there talking about the ipod, and I just wanted to see what everyone thinks about them.

My new Malibu came with the MP3 player input, so instead of spending hundreds of dollars on the CD changer this year I opted for an MP3 player. I looked at just about every make and model and ended up with a $400 10G ipod (origional version). So far I have probably around 75 CD downloaded to it and it is about half full. It is very easy to use and overall pretty slick.

Anyone else have one, have any experiences with them? Good or bad?
Old    markb            05-22-2003, 6:54 AM Reply   
Don't know about the IPOD, but I'm using my Zaurus (linux based PDA) to play MP3's and it works great. I just put the wireless network card in and download mp3's right from the driveway. The only drawback to mine is the LCD display is a little tough to see in bright sunlight. I'm trying to find one of those "MP3 Player Input" ports that I saw on your Malibu Tony. For now, it works fine using a 3.5 mm headphone jack to RCA cable. Anyone know where to get one of the nice little surface mount 3.5 mm input ports?
Old    renegade            05-22-2003, 6:58 PM Reply   
i just got the new iPOD 30gig...it has to be the best damn mp3 player every...400 for a 10gig original sounds like a rip off though..the new one sells for $299 for a 10 gig..my 30gig was 499..overall its the best, no complaints here at all.
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-23-2003, 2:41 AM Reply   
I just bought an Archos FM Jukebox, 20 gig for $299.99 at Best Buy. It has an FM tuner & can record as well. I bought it just for the boat & run it directly into my power amp. I can adjust the vollume on the MP3 so there is no need for a head unit (it has an FM tuner, AM is for fags anyway) & I can throw it in my truck for the ride home. I'm really liking it, best $300.00 I've spent all year.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-23-2003, 10:10 AM Reply   
How do you download the songs into the IPOD, is it direct from a cd player into it? Or you have to download the songs on to a PC first, and then into the IPOD? It sounjds really cool, my head unitl has a input for it, it would be cool to just bring that instead of my CD book with a 100 CDs waiting to getted ripped off. Plus you don't have the skip factor.
Old     (mattman5000)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-24-2003, 6:41 PM Reply   
Hey Carl, I've got an archos, too. Very cool.

Do you know about RockBox? It is open source firmware replacement for the Archos. It is much better than the original Archos firmware (faster, more features). There is constant development going on, so they are always adding more features.

Check it out at http://rockbox.haxx.se
Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-25-2003, 1:16 AM Reply   
I love my ipod. I have a 10gb. It works fine for me.
- Jonathen, whenever you hook up your ipod onto your computer, it automatically updates itself to imusic (mac's own version for a media/mp3 player). It's really nice. Through the same program you can also put cds onto the ipod. It's amazing how well it works. Apple seems to be doing much better than what people think. haha, just because it's a mac doesn't meen it sux or isn't better than PC's.
-Chris
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       05-25-2003, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have a 10gb ipod that I use in my Tige 2100. I have it hooked through my Pioneer CD player using a IP/BUS cable and have the ipod attached to the dash with velcro. By switching the head unit to Auxillary, I can adjust volume, change songs etc... by using the ipod controls. I also purchsed a 12 volt adapter for keeping the ipod charged. I have over 1800 songs downloaded with room for another 1200 or so.... and never have to carry CDs again. NO SKIPPING! I am posting a pic of the setup. This is one of the best additions I have made} to my system.
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       05-26-2003, 12:16 PM Reply   
Couldn't you also just go RCA out's of the iPod straight into an amp?

The iPod has volume and EQ, so you should be set.

-gvb
Old     (mainelaker)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-27-2003, 2:26 AM Reply   
Thanks Matt, I've never seen the site before.