Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       02-26-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
lol...ok, yeah let's look at one game Richard. Maybe you should take a look at this website:

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Again, Kobe is clutch, but according to stats he has missed the most potential game winning shots.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-02-2010, 3:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflat53212 View Post
lol...ok, yeah let's look at one game Richard. Maybe you should take a look at this website:

http://www.82games.com/gamewinningshots.htm

Again, Kobe is clutch, but according to stats he has missed the most potential game winning shots.
he's taken more game winning shots, which could explain missing the most.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-02-2010, 3:55 PM Reply   
Well well well, Lebron is on the top of the list.... higher percentage too.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-02-2010, 4:19 PM Reply   
hahaha Yeah great link!! Proves my point exactly. Scroll down to the bottom. Check out the clutch player stats. Last five minutes of games.. As I stated bombs away from three point when the game is on the line. Why would such a great player veer away from his money shots (driving the lane and getting and1's all day) when the game is on the line? Thats right.. Hes SCARED!! He knows he cant close like Kobe or Michael... Thats obivously why he just applied to change his number.. Hes finally realized he is not Michael Jordan!
Old    murrayair            03-02-2010, 8:19 PM Reply   
Yeah, but now he's got Dr. J and Bill Russell's number. Apparently he's scared to take ownership of a non-great number. There could be some deep-rooted pyschological issues there. Kobe made two previously common numbers great. Lebron makes himself feel good by latching onto the reputation of players greater than he is. I give him 3 years with #6 before he moves to #32.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-02-2010, 9:54 PM Reply   
Damn Milsaps got posterized by Melo the other night.

Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-03-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
Concur. What is Lebron thinking, No one should wear MJ's number and he picks 6. 6?? really? Russell has 11 rings and 5 MVP's. or maybe 33 next time...

Ron Artest is playing the best defense in the league. He destroyed Danny Granger last night.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-03-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
Damn Milsaps got posterized by Melo the other night.
if "by the other night" you meant at the nugget's first game of this season, then yeah.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-03-2010, 12:50 PM Reply   
How bout the way he played against Denver the other night! Its great to see Artest finally getting his game on! The first half of the season I was really starting to wonder if that was a great move, seems like hes really getting into the swing of things though.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-03-2010, 1:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
if "by the other night" you meant at the nugget's first game of this season, then yeah.
I saw the highlight on ESPN yesterday and assumed it was from the night before......
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-03-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sn View Post
Concur. What is Lebron thinking, No one should wear MJ's number and he picks 6. 6?? really? Russell has 11 rings and 5 MVP's. or maybe 33 next time...
Agreed....in principle...

Strange thing is Russell could probably care less and Jordan probably agrees that nobody should be able to wear the number 23....

In the past few years watching current interviews of Russell and Jordan on television..... I have become a HUGE fan of Russell(played before my time) and my fondness of Jordan has dwindled into what may be dislike.....
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-04-2010, 8:05 PM Reply   
despite not winning the game, Kobe was sure clutch against the heat, I'll give him that.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-04-2010, 8:38 PM Reply   
Lakers offense was very good tonight, but what happened on the defensive end? The heat scored 4 of the first 5 field goals in OT without any contestation. Richardson hitting seven 3s was inexcusable for the D. Lakers could have easily won that game if they had tried a little harder on D and at the line.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-04-2010, 8:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly_Park_Mark View Post
Lakers offense was very good tonight, but what happened on the defensive end? The heat scored 4 of the first 5 field goals in OT without any contestation. Richardson hitting seven 3s was inexcusable for the D. Lakers could have easily won that game if they had tried a little harder on D and at the line.
...or at least made their free-throws.
Old    sperbet            03-05-2010, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce View Post

Strange thing is Russell could probably care less and Jordan probably agrees that nobody should be able to wear the number 23....
This is actually not the case at all. When LeBron first mentioned changing his number in tribute to MJ like 6 months ago MJ stated he did not feel that the NBA should retire his number. The reason why, he said there are a lot of greats in the NBA, Magic, Bird, etc and if you retired his you'd have to retire all of their's as well.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2010, 11:14 AM Reply   
So, the Lakers have apparently given up all hope of having home court advantage if they face the Cavs in the finals. Losing to the Bobcats? Really, guys? I'm just hoping it's all somehow part of Phil's master plan.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-06-2010, 11:43 AM Reply   
What about Stuckey... that was pretty crazy, anyone know what actually happened.... I read a lot of things but none of them seemed legit
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-06-2010, 2:16 PM Reply   
Quote:
So, the Lakers have apparently given up all hope of having home court advantage if they face the Cavs in the finals. Losing to the Bobcats? Really, guys? I'm just hoping it's all somehow part of Phil's master plan.
you act like the bobcats are like the nets. fyi, the bobcats have taken 2 out of 3 vs. the cavs.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-06-2010, 8:18 PM Reply   
Quote:
You act like the Lakers are getting to the finals.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 3:08 AM Reply   
You act like they're not.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-07-2010, 5:39 PM Reply   
Anyone see Dennis Rodman's, wait I mean Ron Artest's hair today? He said he had the word defense spelled out in his hair in six different languages.

Last edited by dave23; 03-07-2010 at 5:41 PM.
Old    sperbet            03-07-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
Thank you Matt Barnes, you are my new favorite player in the NBA! Absolutely AWESOME!!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-07-2010, 6:15 PM Reply   
Hey Kobe, Behind the line is a 3. Behind the line.... what a clown.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-07-2010, 10:33 PM Reply   
...said clown to the ringmaster.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-08-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Wow! Crazy game yesterday. Don't know what was in the gatorade, but crazy attitude on both sides.

Hard to know who started what, but thought Barnes should've been tossed multiple times. Kobe got a T when he shouldn't have and didn't get one when he should've (elbow to Barnes chest after the dunk).

Gasol was just flailing around because he (and everyone else in the league) can't handle Howard. I know Howard grab his shirt, but come on, he was swinging his arms multiple times prior to that incident, like when he some how magically went to the FT line, on a BS call against Howard.

I thought Barnes was a complete idiot and almost cost his team the game. Yeah, Fisher pushed him, but damn he totally leveled Fisher and then came back to talk **** afterward. Damn, how the refs didn't toss him, I have no idea.

Another note, that goal tending call was HUGE!!!! It was a really, really bad call and could've made a difference in that game. I know, I know, there were like 5 minutes left, but still, it was a big call.

Bottom line, the game didn't mean jack for either team and I would put my money on the Lakers if these teams were to actually meet again when it counts.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-09-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
Anyone else pumped for the ESPN 30/30 special on Reggie Miller vs The Knicks?? I cant wait. Some of the best basketball i can remember.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-09-2010, 8:56 PM Reply   
Yeah, that looks pretty good! Looking forward to watching it.
Old     (marshk344)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-09-2010, 10:36 PM Reply   
No love for the Mavs on here? Only 3 games back of the Lakers and have won 12 straight. The new lineup with Butler and Haywood, even minus Terry, seems to be firing on all cylinders.

Edit: Yeah, I know they've been playing some cupcakes lately. But 12 straight wins is still something to take notice of in the NBA.

Last edited by marshk344; 03-09-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2010, 6:56 AM Reply   
Kobe got lucky again hahahaha
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2010, 9:18 AM Reply   
Nice win for the Jazz last night..... Great dunk by Williams over Rose!

Caught the last 20 minutes of the Bird Magic HBO thing last night.... Have it ready to TiVo tomorrow....it was REALLY GOOD. HIGHLY recommend it if the first 2/3 is as good as the end....which I assume it is.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Did anyone see Big Baby get POSTERIZED last night lol .... It was pretty brutal, almost commical the way he stumbled back into the photogs lol
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-10-2010, 10:13 AM Reply   
Lakers lost 3 straight and ALMOST made it 4 straight last night.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-10-2010, 10:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendo247 View Post
did anyone see big baby get posterized last night lol .... It was pretty brutal, almost commical the way he stumbled back into the photogs lol
yes! Go bogut!
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2010, 10:46 AM Reply   
Still playing bad, last second wins against .500 teams is unremarkable
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-10-2010, 10:55 AM Reply   
Lakers are on cruise control right now.... Basically going through the motions... Playing down to the level of their competition... They should be able to step it up for the playoffs... Im hoping Dallas puts some pressure on them to get them rolling again..
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-10-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
yeah, always frustrating when wealthy guys cant get up for a game after losing 3 in a row. If they dont flip their proverbial switch soon, everyone will think they can beat them.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
How about the bucks?! Since when have they done anything
Old    sperbet            03-10-2010, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendo247 View Post
Did anyone see Big Baby get POSTERIZED last night lol .... It was pretty brutal, almost commical the way he stumbled back into the photogs lol
Yeah, that dunk was SERIOUS. Bucks have been playing well of late, something like 10 straight yeah? I'm going to see them play the Kings next week. Evans vs Jennings II
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-10-2010, 1:34 PM Reply   

Damn those dunks were impressive! What did Greg Jennings and Big Baby get into it about?
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-10-2010, 2:28 PM Reply   
Nick, that's a shame, I was lucky I guess. I grew up in an era when the Bucks were in the playoffs every year. Damn, great playoff series against Philly and Boston, every year.

Scott, there is definitely no match, Tyereke is a stud of a player. I love Jennings and is perfect for the Bucks and Bogut, but straight up, Tyereke is diffenetly the better player.

Dave, Davis gave Jennings a hard foul on a breakaway. Followed through on his head and Jennings took exception to it. I really didn't think it was that bad, but I didn't feel it and Jennings responded immediately.

Nice win by the Bucks who actually didn't even play that well last night. I would definitely be afraid of the Bucks if I was a team in the Eastern Conference Playoffs. They are playing very well right now. Even earlier in the year they were losing almost all of their games by less than 5 points. Bogut just consistently plays strong in the 2nd half of the season, nobody has paid any attention previously. Only Bogut and Howard are averaging over 15pts, 10 rebounds and 2 blocks per game.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-10-2010, 2:32 PM Reply   
I love that they're finally making some run at something... but if being a fan of Wisconsin sports has taught me anything, it is to always expect a late season slide.

I think if they can keep it up they'll be responsible for a post-season upset
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       03-11-2010, 12:03 PM Reply   
Jr. Smith dunks better than you...
Old    sperbet            03-11-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
My boy Reke with his first career triple double last night, woot!!!! woot!!!!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-12-2010, 8:19 AM Reply   
That dunk by JR Smith the other night was frickin SWEET!!!! Go JR!!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Free box seats for the Kings/Lakers game tonight! Woohoo!

Come on Lakeshow, don't let me down.. I'll never hear the end of it!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2010, 11:15 AM Reply   
I'll be there too! Can't wait! Usually I'm way in the back of the upper tier, but thanks to a friend who couldn't go at the last minute, I'll be sitting courtside. It's gonna be a good night.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2010, 12:37 PM Reply   
NICE!! I'd love to sit courtside someday.

I didn't know you were in Sac.

We're sharing the box with two rabid Kings fans. Should be interesting!
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-16-2010, 1:24 PM Reply   
No doubt, I would love to sit courtside too. I must say, I really would like about 10 rows up, right at center court.

Have fun you two. Sly, you should bust out a WW t-shirt for tv purposes
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2010, 2:35 PM Reply   
Elizabeth- Yeah, my whole family's from Redondo Beach, and moved up to Placerville when I was born, so I was raised an LA fan. It's my first time courtside, so I'm excited. It'll be interesting to see how much of a fight the Kings fans of the front rows put up, compared to the fans of the upper deck. If you see a fan getting dragged out for smacking people with a foam Lakers #1 hand, that's me.

Skubz- Great idea! I'll grab some WW out of my drawer before I go.

GO LAKERS!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-16-2010, 4:00 PM Reply   
Hahaha! Awesome. Most of my Dad's family moved from La Habra to Placerville also.. what is it about that place??

From my experience - Arco Arena really isn't very hostile anymore. At least half the crowd are Lakers fans. Good stuff!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-16-2010, 11:07 PM Reply   
This felt like a home game for the Lakers, tonight. TONS of purple and gold. Great game.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-17-2010, 4:37 AM Reply   
Another near triple-double by Tyreke, yikes!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-17-2010, 8:10 AM Reply   
and another 25+ pts 10+ reb 10+ assits for Lebron... has passed MJ on the list of those games.

Only Bird and Wilt to catch now
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-17-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
Great game! Definitely felt like a home game.. made me feel kind of bad for the Kings. To have the visitors cheered and chants of MVP rain down on Kobe Bryant - that's got to be tough. That being said - I loved it!

We have a few pictures - I'll post them up later tonight.
Old    sperbet            03-17-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
meh, so we lost. we're supposed to lose. oh well, all I'll remember from this game is Ron Artest with his jock strap around his ankles from getting used so badly...

and don't you worry lizzy, a few more years of improvement from this team and that arena will be full of Kings fans.
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-17-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
Nick- Impressive numbers don't mean a thing if you ain't got that ring.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-17-2010, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bflat53212 View Post
Another near triple-double by Tyreke, yikes!
if you're talkin' about last night's game, he was off by 1 assist. very impressive either way.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2010, 1:45 PM Reply   
ATL over Orlando, Nice put back by JRSmith off the Johnson travel and miss.

Looks like the Lakers are back on track with a good win V. Spurs to start the road trip. Artest was doing it w/ his defense, Gasol kept Duncan quiet and Lamar and Kobe poured in the points. Never seen so many Laker fans in San Antonio.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2010, 8:46 AM Reply   
Jazz have snuck up to 2nd(tied).....

Who knows how the season will finish, but I have been pleased with it to date.... Well, other than the Knicks are not having a season like the Nets....
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
Anyone see what Lebron said:

"If I really wanted to, if I really wanted to be the scoring [champion] every single year -- every single year -- I could really do it."

I don't think, at this point, anyone doubts that this is true, but it doesn't stop James from looking like a complete jerk (which he is) for saying it.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
The LeBron quote doesn't bug me, make me think any less of him or that he is a jerk.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2010, 1:51 PM Reply   
had it been kobe that said it....
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-26-2010, 2:00 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakid View Post
had it been kobe that said it....
If directed at me, same...

If Kobe started the season and said to himself, "I think I will lead the league in scoring, that is my goal for the year...." I have no doubt that he would....in fact, I'd put money on it.

The more interesting question is if SPM would think Kobe was a jerk and be offended with such a comment...
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-26-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
I freely admit that if Kobe had said it, I would be totally cool with it, lol. I just don't like James in the first place, so this just gives me all the more reason to trash on him. Plus, I didn't get a whole lot of sleep last night, so I'm in an extra anti-anything-but-Lakers mood.

Besides, this thread has been a little quiet the last few weeks, so I figured I'd stir the pot a bit.

Last edited by Sly_Park_Mark; 03-26-2010 at 2:13 PM.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2010, 2:10 PM Reply   
Probably said it because with the east already decided he'll probably play less leading up to the playoff run. Now Durant will be needing wins and will probably overtake James before seasons end. And i agree w/ EJ, if kobe wanted to lead the league, he would.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2010, 3:04 PM Reply   
I don't really mind the quote.. and we all know I'm no LeBron fan. You know why I don't mind? Because it's true. Just as it would be true if Kobe said something like that.

If Kobe did say something like that, Eric would be all over the forum trashing him.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       03-26-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
If Kobe did say something like that, Eric would be all over the forum trashing him.
since lebron said it, he's at home spankin' the monkey. just imagine if jordan said it!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2010, 4:03 PM Reply   
I've missed Eric.. I need someone to laugh at. All of you people are making far too much sense.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2010, 8:45 AM Reply   
It is tough enough to win on the road against great teams..... Unfortunatly it is a HUGE game for the Jazz tonight and I have a feeling that the Lakers are going to come out VERY strong and put that road trip behind them....

GO JAZZ!
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-02-2010, 9:44 AM Reply   
Have you watched them play over the last several weeks? I wouldn't worry too much.
Old    sperbet            04-02-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
Quote:
Anyone see what Lebron said:

"If I really wanted to, if I really wanted to be the scoring [champion] every single year -- every single year -- I could really do it."

I don't think, at this point, anyone doubts that this is true, but it doesn't stop James from looking like a complete jerk (which he is) for saying it.
I saw it, doesn't make me think that at all. It's 110% true.
Old     (95sn)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-02-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
I expected the lakers to come out and strong play well V. Hawks the other night and it didnt happen. Who knows what we will see tonight V. your Jazz.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2010, 1:44 PM Reply   
kobe signs 3-yr extension
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-02-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
let me preface this by saying that i think deron williams is a bad mofo! i'd give up derek fisher, jordan farmar, shannon brown, AND sasha vujacik for deron williams. that's right, i said it!

with that said, deron carries the ball more than any other nba player...ever! that's right, i said that, too!
Old     (Sly_Park_Mark)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-03-2010, 12:23 AM Reply   
Well, let's face it, at this point Sasha and Fish are hardly pulling their weight at all. Farmar and Brown are the only two desirables in that scenario.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-03-2010, 10:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb View Post
I don't really mind the quote.. and we all know I'm no LeBron fan. You know why I don't mind? Because it's true. Just as it would be true if Kobe said something like that.

Of course I would. Lebron speaks the truth. If kobe said that it be nothing but a lie. Kobe is on the downward end of his average career. Three more years and pathetic Laker fans will be calling for his head.

Last edited by mjfan23; 04-03-2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-03-2010, 10:20 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STI5UZDlcdM

The Future... More scoring abilities than ANYONE in the league.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       04-03-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfan23 View Post
Kobe is on the downward end of his average career.
I'm no Kobe fan(in fact I hate him), but you think his career is only "average"? He's won 4 championships, a NBA Finals MVP, one NBA MVP, a gold medal in the Olympics, 11 time All-Star, 2nd most points in a NBA game (81) and he's probably going to set a handful of Lakers records as well. And you still think he's "average"? Lay off the haterade and realize that Kobe is a GREAT player.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-03-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave23 View Post
I'm no Kobe fan(in fact I hate him), but you think his career is only "average"? He's won 4 championships, a NBA Finals MVP, one NBA MVP, a gold medal in the Olympics, 11 time All-Star, 2nd most points in a NBA game (81) and he's probably going to set a handful of Lakers records as well. And you still think he's "average"? Lay off the haterade and realize that Kobe is a GREAT player.
Average. Volume Shooter has one ring. Shaq has 3.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       04-03-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
don’t argue with an idiot. eric (mjfan23) will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.