Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 21, 2008

Old    wakejjboard12            07-28-2008, 6:53 AM Reply   
just lookin for some reviews. i haven't really heard much on this combo and demoing isn't really an option right now so anyone who's got some feedback it'd be much appreciated.
Old     (jhertz27)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-28-2008, 7:16 AM Reply   
Jessica,

I have been riding this setup for a couple of weeks. I have the 138 and weigh 165 lbs. I would say that I have a skill level of intermediate/advanced. The board sits really high in the water and holds a nice edge. It gives a nice consistent pop with pretty smooth landings. The bindings run a little big, but once I molded them they are a lot more snug. I guess the only problem I have is they only have one lace up for each boot which sometimes will come loose when I ride (usually my rear foot). Graphics and design are killer. Overall I would give the set up a 7.5 out of 10 and would recommend it. I am pretty happy with it, but I’m still contemplating weather I like this or my Era set up better. I guess I have to give it more time to be sure.
Old    wakejjboard12            07-28-2008, 7:27 AM Reply   
thanks jake.

are you riding both setups with/without the center fins?

can you compare the speed of the mana to your era.
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-28-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
I am riding the Frontier now. Do you have any experience with that and have any comparisions? (the Mana is Errington's new board, right?)
Old    wakejjboard12            07-28-2008, 10:37 AM Reply   
from the WW board discription...

A faster version of the Manas’ hybrid rocker with increased glide over the water. The Frontier board generates speed from an idle continuous arc in the middle length of the board combined with a kink in the ends. This style of hybrid arc means riders that have a tail heavy body position will notice the speed off the wake from the continuous rocker. Riders with a centered-weight style rely on the bend in the tip/tail of the board with a more straight up snap off the wake.

i personally don't have experience with either one though.

wondering if anybody knew anything on the weights of the mana and kai also?
Old     (the_bum)      Join Date: Jul 2008       07-28-2008, 5:17 PM Reply   
I have been riding the Manna with Ones all year and absolutely love it! Ridin with no center fin, only complaint I have is its not as loose as I normally like a board but, it holds edge super well, pops excellent and nice soft landings even when charging into the flats
Old     (c640947)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-29-2008, 9:26 AM Reply   
THanks. man i need to get my hands on a Mana and try it out. Anyone else have any Frontier / Mana comparisons?
Old     (number55)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-02-2008, 12:55 PM Reply   
I was able to ride the frontier last year and I loved it. So I figured the Mana would be fun for this year considering it's a spin off of the frontier. The board is super locked and holds an edge like crazy. But without the fins, it rides a lot like the one board. I HIGHLY recommend it cause its like having two boards with/without the fins. No info on the Kais though. But the cell boots+mana=true love.
Old     (nickwakeninja)      Join Date: Nov 2007       08-08-2008, 3:04 PM Reply   
i got the whole set up. kais with mana. you seem to already know enough about the board, its got great pop and the edge it holds is perfect for releasing for spins and flips. i would definitely say not to ride with the center fins. wayyyy to much traction and it makes it impossible to do a simple surface 180. the kais are so comfy! the one string pull up is awesome cuz its quick and easy. they have awesome ankle support that you keeps you snug and comfortable inside them. its an awesome set up and i would definitely give it a go for sure