Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-04-2014, 7:51 AM Reply   
You guys think he knew about "Bridge-gate" the act of closing down lanes on a busy bridge as a retaliation against a political rival ?
Attached Images

Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 7:59 AM Reply   
Most likely.
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-04-2014, 8:20 AM Reply   
Yes, unfortunately. I liked the guy and many of the things he said, but am disappointed to learn that in the end, he's like most politicians. The persona is a crafted image and different from the real person and real actions.

How refreshing would it have been for him to just say, yes I knew about it, I made an idiot mistake and promoted that environment. It was wrong, I apologize and will do what I can to make it right. Why is it that true honesty and authenticity can never get elected? Why are politicians forced into the game of image, posturing, taking stances simply for money, sound-bites and votes? Unfortunately, the public can only blame itself for this.

Rush Limbaugh, Rachel Madow, Anne Coulter, Chris Matthews, etc., etc., etc., all purport some grains of truth but alas tons of bullsh*t along with it. Anyone who thinks that the other side (the left or the right) has got it all wrong and things would be fine if they just changed to the right way of thinking is deceiving themselves. And, they are keeping the media commentator personalities and politicians we so often are disgusted with in business, very comfortably I might add. It's disheartening and depressing.

That's why most of the time I go back to Train's Word in the other thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801056
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Its lame that we have become "satisfied" with Incomplete answers, Like "pretty rare a politician will give a straight answer to anything though" that seems to be the status quot and most people reaction to career politicians. That's Unacceptable in my book weather your left or right wing doesn't matter. The person in the highest office in the land should be held to a higher standard Republican or Democrat. Remember we are the people that deem answers acceptable or unacceptable.
agreed, but what can be done about it? it would take a revolution to change things. that aint happening. not with todays society. Ive learned that as long as my family is healthy, happy, has a roof over our heads, nothing else matters. I honestly dont give a rats assssss whose in office anymore. the people I like, will never make it to office, because theyre too truthful. I sleep better at night since Ive stopped worrying about stuff I have ZERO control over. call me complacent, Im happier now.

Wow, not sure where this rant came from...

Last edited by ottog1979; 02-04-2014 at 8:25 AM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       02-04-2014, 10:09 AM Reply   
I believe that the reason we accept non-answer answers is because the public is in a ideological war among themselves. So a politician gets a break from "his side", i.e. the side he answers to because his constituents know that the other side with use it to their advantage, no matter how outrageously overblown their response.