Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       10-09-2013, 12:33 AM Reply   
Interesting video. Surprising for sure!
http://youtu.be/hDhI-K0aAk8
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2013, 1:12 AM Reply   
yeah, saw that a few days ago - always watch out for the little ones in a fight! That will be 2.5 diesel engine, what is in the Ram?

Last edited by alcarlaw1; 10-09-2013 at 1:16 AM.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2013, 1:25 AM Reply   
here's another..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEkZP...O_7tfxBuk1xF_A
Old     (rdlangston13)      Join Date: Feb 2011       10-09-2013, 2:00 AM Reply   
Now the question is is the LR in 4wd? I know they are known for their off-roading ability so do they come with front and rear limited slips or lockers? You can clearly see the dodge in both videos is in 2WD and does NOT have a limited slip or locker due to only one tire spinning. Tug of wars are purely a display of traction and that is about it. Plus once you start spinning your tires you've pretty much lost.

Sent from my iPhone
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2013, 4:08 AM Reply   
The D90 was my favorite car To date that I have owned. I should have never sold it. Man I miss that bad boy. I guess off roading it balls to the wall 2 yrs straight takes its toll.

Last edited by xstarrider; 10-09-2013 at 4:11 AM.
Old     (machloosy)      Join Date: Mar 2013       10-09-2013, 10:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
Now the question is is the LR in 4wd? I know they are known for their off-roading ability so do they come with front and rear limited slips or lockers? You can clearly see the dodge in both videos is in 2WD and does NOT have a limited slip or locker due to only one tire spinning. Tug of wars are purely a display of traction and that is about it. Plus once you start spinning your tires you've pretty much lost.

Sent from my iPhone
Both Rams come factory with LSD rears and it's evident in the video by the smoke from both on the black ram, and the dual black patches from the dually. Regardless...

It's about traction, and the black Ram would kill the defender if it was even in 4w hi. The Dually showed how much weight impacts traction. But the pavement is really the trucks elements, where as the low range and lockers would show their effectiveness in the dirt more. But hey, two completely different vehicles playing tug-o-war. What do you expect haha
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-09-2013, 4:55 AM Reply   
The landy is permanent 4WD, the yank tank looks to be on 2WD though. Funny reading all the comments on the youtube site, lots of angry people out there!!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-09-2013, 8:52 AM Reply   
So what? Not that impressed considering the LR had 4wd in and obviously had front lockers. The tugs honestly looked staged, unless the Dodge drivers are just completely stupid retarded truck owners who don't have a clue how to engage their 4x4.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       10-09-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
The next video is of the Landrover at its favorite hangout, the repair shop. With those street queen wheels and smokestacks the Dodge deserved to be embarrassed. Now lock it down and throw in some weight.
Old     (fouroheight68)      Join Date: May 2006       10-09-2013, 9:03 AM Reply   
I agree, its a display of traction, not power. The Ram was clearly smoking one tire while the D90 has lockers front and rear. Those D90's are bad ass though!
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       10-11-2013, 12:29 AM Reply   
The Landy won, so it it better. The end!
Old     (Iceberg)      Join Date: Dec 2011       10-11-2013, 6:45 AM Reply   
Quote:
So what? Not that impressed considering the LR had 4wd in and obviously had front lockers. The tugs honestly looked staged, unless the Dodge drivers are just completely stupid retarded truck owners who don't have a clue how to engage their 4x4.
The same owner (farm) uses them all. They have another video showing the Dodge pulling a silage or grain hopper. It is all about weight and traction. Even the tube poster acknowledges that. Put some weight in the truck and the LR can be towed in any direction.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-11-2013, 9:25 AM Reply   
wouldn't the low center of gavity help the LR? I still would rather have the Mopar!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       10-11-2013, 10:50 AM Reply   
How bout this then?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLkbyHNZEE

Or better yet, I'll start respecting the LR when he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DamWEIH1XMw
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-11-2013, 11:08 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
How bout this then?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pLkbyHNZEE

Or better yet, I'll start respecting the LR when he can do this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DamWEIH1XMw
I've seen that video before and if I was that Chevy owner, I would have beat the $hit out of that Dodge driver. That was messed up. It's one thing to win a tug-o-war but that was over the top...
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-11-2013, 7:58 PM Reply