Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 22, 2006

Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-29-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
Or just make them feel better. I wasn't even on the river and I got burned watching baseball today. It's really bad and hurts like hell!! Does anyone know a secret or something to make them not hurt so much or get ride of them faster.. and yes i know, wear sunscreen next time.

Thanx!
Jamie
Old     (john4d)      Join Date: Nov 2005       04-29-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
rub plain yogert on burned area seems wierd but it works
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-29-2006, 4:42 PM Reply   
There is some gel stuff that you put in your fridge and then you put it on the sunburn. I cant remeber the name of it but im sure someone on here knows what im talking about.
Old     (more_betterness)      Join Date: Sep 2004       04-29-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
aloe, it works great.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       04-29-2006, 4:53 PM Reply   
Yep thats the one ^^.
Old     (sixeye)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2006, 4:54 PM Reply   
Cool (not cold!) shower (you want it to be not too warm and not too cool) and while in there, gently rub the sunburn down with baby oil. Do the same thing each time you shower for the next few days. The baby oil will lock the moisture in. As a professional at getting sunburned, I found this to be the best for me. Reduced the pain and often prevented peeling.
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-29-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Aloe vera is my best friend in the summer :-)
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-29-2006, 6:49 PM Reply   
Bud Light, when taken internally and to excess, will help with the pain.

Upload
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       04-29-2006, 7:37 PM Reply   
I am just getting over poisen ivy and taking a oatmeal bath really realieved the itching for a while. I bet that would make you feel better for a little while when combined with a cool bath.
Old     (wakeboard19)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-29-2006, 7:54 PM Reply   
The best thing. use a cotton ball and rub vinegar on the sunburn. It takes the heat out of the burn. It also doesn't peel if you do this.
Old     (kickasskel)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-30-2006, 12:06 AM Reply   
Potatoes....I know it sounds wierd, but it's supposed to take the heat out of the burn also. I make really thin slices, sorta like for potato chips, and put them on the burn.
Old    jrainer87            04-30-2006, 1:30 PM Reply   
Take asprin as soon as you think youve been burned. Read about it in a medical mag. at the doctors office. seems to work
Old    1wakedad            04-30-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
Aloe Vera Gel.......they sell it along with suncreen at drug stores.....something else that works for me.( I know it sounds kinda psycho) When taking a shower I turn the water up as HOT as I can stand it (yeah, it hurts).....but afterward it doesn't feel as bad & then use lot's of aloe vera
Old     (ttuclint)      Join Date: Sep 2003       04-30-2006, 10:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
something else that works for me.( I know it sounds kinda psycho) When taking a shower I turn the water up as HOT as I can stand it

worst...advice...ever.
Old     (yosquire)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-30-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
To properly rid the burning glow Apollo has bestowed upon your flesh follow these simple steps. First you need belly feathers from a new-born pidgin, 3 flat stones with sufficient shine to reflect the longest night's moon, a ford tractor, and last but not least Sand from the North shores of Nigeria. Start the tractor, place a stone at each tire. With an idle humming like kittens belly sprinkle sand all around your body forming a circle on the ground................

I just had to jump on the theme of weirdest sh*t I've ever heard.

Aloe Vera --- Load up on it, then repeat 25 minutes later, then again in an hour or so. I keep loading up on it.
Old    2813308004who            04-30-2006, 10:44 PM Reply   
Just wait til it starts to itch and peel...first burn of the year is definitely always the worst
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       05-01-2006, 6:25 AM Reply   
As Stuart mentioned, I too have actually read that HOT water works versus cold water. Something about the cold water closing your pours and keeping the burn in. Google it. I am sure tons of answers will come up.
Old     (praisinplaya)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-01-2006, 10:00 AM Reply   
yea it sounds crazy, but ive even had docs tell me to get in the hottest shower i could stand....it opens your pores and lets the heat from the burn out...then lather on the aloe...works everytime
Old     (wakechic06)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-01-2006, 10:19 AM Reply   
turns out it wasn't as bad as I thought, but i did use alo vera gel and that helps too.

Thanx!
Jamie
Old     (depoint50ae)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-01-2006, 11:21 AM Reply   
Every time I fry at the beach I find a really hot, hot tub creep in as slowly as possible and soak in the hot water. It seems to always take out the sting of the burn.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       05-01-2006, 11:27 AM Reply   
When my uncle was a kid, my aunt told him that cow manure would get rid of freckles. It didn't work for his freckles, but maybe it would work on a sunburn.
Old     (rooster_cogburn)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-01-2006, 11:38 AM Reply   
I'm with the hot tub/hot bath/hot shower crowd. It really stings at first, but it certainly helps. I think it makes you peel though.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-01-2006, 1:49 PM Reply   
This hot bath/shower thing does sound pretty interesting.

I usually sit in a pool and apply loads of aloe.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
lmao

how about sunscreen?
Old     (kevin_rx20)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-01-2006, 3:18 PM Reply   
I will second the vinegar thing. I used to get an old butter bowl and pour vinegar in it and then use a wash cloth to apply it to my burn. Completely takes the burn out. It may take a couple of applications however, and you will STINK afterwards.

I've also done the hot shower thing. I don't know why but it seems to help take the burn away.

and anything with lidocaine. That stuff numbs you up GOOD.
Old     (dcooper)      Join Date: Mar 2005       05-02-2006, 10:39 AM Reply   
Nozema... put it in the fridge and cool it down first. Takes the sting out.

The other thing that works well is a spray called solarcane. It cools and relieves the pain.
Old    coreysclan            05-02-2006, 12:12 PM Reply   
I have heard of Nozema(slimmy) & Solarcane (sticky.) Together not to bad. Seriously, my family uses Aquafor, it's in the lotion section of the store it dulls the burn and by morning you will be amazed at how much more tan than red you are. And it's a lotion no sticky or cream slim.