Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 04, 2009

Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-09-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
i`m normally not a guy that buys the extended warranty but i just got an offer from mastercraft for there 3+3 program basically two different options for extended coverage. engine only costs $1840.00 engine & accessory costs $2600.00 what do you guys think and do with your own boats? my boats new this year and the extended coverage goes through 2014
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-09-2009, 12:12 PM Reply   
When I was selling Mastercrafts I believe we sold a third party extended warranty that covered everything including the trailer and it was $1500. It was also transferable. It is a nice selling feature to help your boat sell quicker. I am not sure if it will help sell it at a higher price though.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       10-09-2009, 2:03 PM Reply   
What is their standard warranty? I just purchased a new 2009 Supra and everything is covered with their standard warranty until the end of 2013. Perhaps you don't even need this.

(Message edited by tre on October 09, 2009)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-09-2009, 2:07 PM Reply   
It may have changed but in 07 MC was 3 years on the engine and 1 year on most of the other stuff I believe.
Old     (pdub)      Join Date: Jul 2009       10-09-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
brett thanks tre thanks as well, keep the questions coming because i`m going to my salesman on monday with boat load (excuse the pun)of questions for him.just want to make a smart decision.
Old     (brett564)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-09-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
What about accessories only. My first thought is the engine will last for ages, so there is no reason to get that extended warranty. The real issue is all of the hundreds of little instruments and such. Extended warranties by nature are just another way for a business to make more money off of you. They wouldn't offer them if it wasn't a money maker for them...
Old     (gumtree)      Join Date: Mar 2009       10-10-2009, 10:17 PM Reply   
Oftentimes the extended warranties don't cover "maintenance items" such as an impeller, so don't think that just because you have an extended warranty that everything is covered. If your impeller goes bad causing you to overheat and melt some exhaust hoses, it may not be covered by an extended warranty, make sure you know exactly what's covered and what isn't covered. If they say "everything" you need to get a copy and read it.
Old     (jmanolinsky)      Join Date: Dec 2005       10-12-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   
No way I'd pay that much. It's almost like paying for a major repair whether you need it or not. Put the money aside to help pay for the repair in the very unlikely event that you need it. Then, use it for something else.