Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       01-16-2015, 3:16 PM Reply   
Looks like Chris Wolters and his dad Frank are starting a new wakesurf company.

www.ZombieSurfCompany is still under works and should be updated soon but they have been updating the Instagram page along with Chris' personal instagram.

Sounds like Chris and Frank are designing the boards and building them with the help of Jeff at SoulCraft .

I had the chance to the prototype in person and ride it and was stoked on the board. I dont wakesurf much, let alone surf style but the board was really fun to ride. Didnt require a ton of pumping to keep with the wave but I would want to take a few more runs on it before giving it any real review. Chris was able to carve, pump and air this thing out with some great style though and everyone else in the boat really liked the board.

Quick video of Chris riding it at Berryessa behind LiquidTrend NorthBays Axis T22.

Clip 01

Clip 02

Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       01-17-2015, 11:13 PM Reply   
Thank you Steve and Big Thanks to California Marine Sports the first sponsor of Chris Wolter!!

Zombie Surf Company or ZSC is a new Company owned by Frank Wolter, Laura Wolter, and Chris Wolter. We have been involved Full Time in the Sport of Wake Surfing for 6 years. Chris is a Pro Rider who has ridden in 5 World Championship Events ...... and has a 3rd Place Finish in Pro Surf 2013. We Love this Sport and we Love this Community!! We have made so many life long friends and this Sport has been a Blessing for me and my kids!!

I always wanted Chris to design and ride his own boards and with his experience and expertise gained he was beyond ready ..... his skill on the boards is incredible and he can tell you every change made in a board from nose to rail to fin.

I've had the idea of ZSC in my mind for years and I needed to find a way to help finance Chris and get Laura back on a board full time ....... I am the sole supporter of my kids through this journey and not having the resources or full support of most riders this has become difficult ...... it's been a 24/7 365 day Job ....... and I have Loved Every Minute of It!!

This winter I had a work boom that has enabled me to finally realize my dream!! Things seem to happen for a reason and it was destined for 2015!! And so many Awesome things have aligned all at once that our Idea of a Small Surf Company has now become a Full Fledged Business Venture for me and my kids ...... this is for them in all actuality and I couldn't be Happier!!

I want to say that within a month we will have a State of the Art Website with a Mobile Version ....... we will be selling 4 styles of wake surf boards - Pro Surf Model - Hybrid Surf Skim - Long Board - Pro Skim. Our surfboards Designed by Chris and myself are being made by our Great Friend Jeff Wahlers of SoulCraft Boarding!! The Highest Quality of Materials and Workmanship are provided by Jeff and we are Thrilled he will Manufacture Our Boards. We will be selling 2 models of Ocean Surf Boards also ...... a Shortboard designed by Chris and a Longboard designed by me. We will be selling Top of the Line Skate Decks and complete boards with our own Custom Artwork. We will have a small run of our own Snowboards and Wakeboards coming this summer. We will have a complete and ever growing line of Clothing and Accessories and we have artwork galore to work with!!

Our Goal is to provide the highest quality in every item we sell from our boards to our clothing ....... and we will stand behind and answer to everything we sell!!

Zombie Surf Company is home of the Zombie Boardz and Live Forever is our tag line and hashtag us at #liveforever

Please help support Laura and Chris's exploits in the World of WakeSurfing so they can travel and compete in this years coming events!!
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       01-19-2015, 4:16 PM Reply   
Now this is cool.... Following a dream.. SWEEEEEET.
I sure enjoy this family. I know it has been a long time coming with a few t-shirts even showing up a couple of years ago..I wish only the best and can't wait to try the boards!!!

I hope we get an opportunity soon to ride them, hope to fall in love with one. I enjoy supporting the personal businesses and am looking forward to ZSC taking off.

Good luck gang, truly wishing only fantastic things in the future!

Frank once said 1%... I hope ya get 2....
He knows what I mean👍
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-21-2015, 12:36 PM Reply   
Can we trade shirts/ hoodies for a board? Frankwo???
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       01-21-2015, 8:11 PM Reply   
I want to see a skim.....
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-21-2015, 8:20 PM Reply   
Go after that dream Wolter Clan. It's awesome what you guys are doing and hope nothing but the best for y'all! Hopefully one of your products makes it up north to Oregon .
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-22-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
i remember talking to you about this "Dream" last year. So happy to see its reality coming true. Great for you guys!! Ill be one of the first in line to sport a new "Zombie Surf" T-Shirt !!
Good luck to the Wolters!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-13-2015, 9:58 AM Reply   
Excited to Announce we will be at Groundhog Day Surf Sesh at Folsom Lake on sunday the 15th!!
Will have 2 model boards for the public to ride ....... our 4'8" hybrid ...... that so far has only been ridden by chris and aaron ....... they both love the board and the design and performance is everything that chris wanted in a hybrid board. the other board is our longboard model ..... at 5'11" it is a big board ...... we are trying to build a hang ten nose rider and are really close ...... we have the first prototype board and chris was able to get all ten on the nose but the board was running out of the wake ...... hanging 5 at the top of the lip was easy and this board was also designed to be big so that it could actually " ride " the wake ..... and a board that 2 teenagers could surf on together and have a blast working up and down the board ....... this board will be for sale at $575.00 so that we can keep producing new protos!! we also will have the second version made of the longboard and we believe we have addressed the issues to allow the rider to get ten on the nose ..... this board has not been ridden yet or tested so we will see if i will let it get wet before our in house testing LOL!!
Our boards are designed and tested and proven to be of high performance by Chris Wolter and are made to the highest standards in the surfboard industry and are manufactured by Soulcraft Boarding and Jeff Wahlers!!
The Hybrid we believe is going to be a very special board .... Chris has ridden it a lot and loves it ..... he can do Big Spins, Shuvs In and Out, and Front Shuvs on it and he has been teaching beginners at a WakeSurf school in Mexico on it and they all love it and can ride it ..... as a twinzer setup the board is fast and loose ...... add the back fins and it becomes locked in!!
Was hoping to have a Pro Surf Model proto also but the first one went on the wall and the second is in mexico!! That design is very very close to being finalized!!
Hope to see as many people there as possible and hope to infect as many as we can so you can #liveforever!!
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2015, 1:18 PM Reply   
We are super excited to have you out Frank. And especially stoked to shred those new boards!
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-13-2015, 1:54 PM Reply   
Where is this surf school in Mexico?
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-14-2015, 12:54 AM Reply   
Hes at - Entre Dos Aguas in or next to Acapulco ....... pretty sweet deal they flew him first class, has his own room, food, beverages, and wages!! Plus he gets to wakesurf everyday and surf in the ocean after!!
Old     (dreamer)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-15-2015, 9:21 AM Reply   
OK, thanks Frank. We are going to be in Mexico south of Cancun in March and I thought that if your boards were in that area I would go demo one.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-16-2015, 8:49 PM Reply   
working on getting boards out there ....... we got Arizona and Wisconsin and Las Vegas and Calif covered ...... looking for Riders to rep us and Dealers to carry us ....... anyone interested please message me on FB ........ looking to share the stoke and #liveforever!!
Old     (wksk8r)      Join Date: Jun 2008 Location: Roseville       02-20-2015, 6:43 AM Reply   
Well Frank... Everyone loved the boards, nothing but great feed back! check out our video... with your product @

http://www.westriders.org/Events.htm...JM6M4.facebook

you can get on our Facebook page and find more of our events coming up westriders.org will direct you to the page...
Happy Surfing! Nice to meet you Frank, hope to see ya soon and THANKS again for coming out and letting us all demo your gear!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       02-22-2015, 11:21 PM Reply   
OK here is what we have so far: the Hybrid Board is FAST!! Loose and Fun to ride!! We also have learned this about the Board ...... the board will come with 8 fins ....... small canard twinzers ..... Q1 V2 fin ...... full size back quad fin ....... nubsters

Board was designed to be ridden as a Twiner Setup ...... an advanced rider can ride it with the full quads to get as much drive as possible but you have to be advanced to be able to turn the board ...... run the nubsters in the back with the twiners and its a little more forgiving turn wise but you still get a little more drive ....... Chris likes the twinzer setup the best and at 185 he likes the 4' 10" model ....... what we have learned that makes this board really special is that when you put the full size quads in you get the most awesomest easiest beginner board to ride ....... chris taught 9 days in mexico to beginners all week and he said it was really easy for everybody to surf the board and they were all first time riders!! only reason chris doesn't want to ride this in competition is because he likes a heavier board that he can power into more!!

The Chris Pro Surf Model has been finalized and is being produced right now ...... we are running 5 boards at first and i believe 3 are going to Germany ...... they should be ready in 2 weeks!!

Our Big Longboard Model ....... first one was a little to fast for what we wanted but it was still a lot of fun and 2 can ride on it ........ the second one made we solved the speed issue and both Aaron and Chris got 10 on the nose!!! We got great video of Aaron till we had a camera snafu ..... no video of chris riding it ....... but we achieved what we wanted to do ....... a really really fun surfable board that you can stand 10 on the nose!!

Chris will be going to the Southern Surf Fest and will have both his Pro Model and Hybrid Board to ride there!!

One thing we can guarantee is our Boards are designed and then signed off on by Chris Wolter one of the most exciting and talented riders there is ....... these are not boards the shapers think you should like or companies will press you to like ....... Boards designed by and Ridden by a Pro ....... and if you buy his Pro Model you will be riding the same exact board he rides in Tournaments on and i don't think many companies can offer that!!

Our Boards are also being made by Soulcraft Board Company and are of the Highest Standards in the Surf Industry!!
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       03-17-2015, 5:43 PM Reply   
Chris Wolter and his dad Frank, stopped by the California Marine Sports Proshop today and dropped off the first two Zombie Surf Co. boards to go into a shop.

They are on sale for $775 each.

I should have a 4'10 Hybrid at CMS soon that I can bring with me for anyone looking to demo these board but if you want to purchase one through the shop I will have them on our website soon or just give me a call!

The one on the left is Chris' Pr Model board in a 4'7 that is setup as a quad while the one on the right is his 4'10 Hybrid board that is setup like a sixer giving you a few different fin options. Chris recently took the 4'10 Hybrid down to Mexico for a weeklong wakesurf clinic/lesson setup and had people up and ripping on the Hybrid who had never wakesurfed before after his time there.

Old     (motosx)      Join Date: Jun 2013       03-18-2015, 12:43 AM Reply   
looks great. are you going to make a big boy board? or will the long board work? thanks
love the name and design
Old     (scuba_steve)      Join Date: Oct 2013       03-18-2015, 10:24 AM Reply   
Mitch, I spoke to Chris and Frank and they told me the 4'10 Hyrbid will handle up to 230ish and then they have the Longboard. I'm not sure if they have plans to release the Hybrid as a longer board or possibly a little thicker to handle that bigger weight range but Frank did mention that he was loving the Longboard and as you know, he is a big guy.
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-20-2015, 12:56 AM Reply   
We have already made a 4'4" and a 4'6"and a 4'8" Hybrid. The 4'10" Hybrid Chris liked the best ...... he's 5'11" and 185lbs ....... he felt the 4'8" was a bit small for him and his wide stance ....... we have one 4'10" Hybrid made that is a 1/2" thicker for the bigger guys up to 250lbs. i have really had no desire yet to make a board for a guy my size or for me ....... the LongBoard is a Really Fun Board and Chris is working on the Video now showing Aaron and himself riding it. The Pro Surf Model has no plans yet to be made bigger ....... at 4'7" Chris Loves this board!! here is a link to a video he shot and made himself while doing Shuv In and Out, Back Big Spin, Air Reverses, and a 1440 among other Tricks!!
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-22-2015, 7:58 PM Reply   
here is Chris on one session on the 4' 10" Hybrid ...... he really likes this board ....... wicked fast and a very stable platform for rougher water and doing every trick there is ........ how big of a Board can you Big Spin?
Old     (wofrankwo)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-22-2015, 11:09 AM Reply   
Supreme Wake Surf Championships was a great start for the ZSC Wake Surf Boards ....... Chris Wolter won the Men's Pro Surf on his Pro Surf Model and this is the same exact Board you can purchase as his board was pulled out of a run of 10 production boards ...... Kristy McDonald took 3rd in Women's Outlaw on her 4'6" Hybrid ........ 11 year old Kai Roshto took 2nd Place Junior Women on her 4'4" Hybid ...... Kai was the only Jr Women surfing on a Surf Style Board and had all 6 fins in the Board with full size quad rears ....... she was slashing up and down the wake at ease ...... at the Arizona Wake Surf Event she will be riding her board with the full size quads out and running nubsters in the back boxes ....... she is more then ready to loosen up her board to advance her riding ability!! When she has mastered that setup she can take out the nubsters and ride her board to its full unlimited potential which Chris has shown you in an earlier video!! Finally a Wake Surf Board that you can learn on and then progress on and progress on again to perform a huge arsenal of tricks!!
Jeff Walker years ago posted a picture of him riding on a door behind a boat ...... yes just about anything will Wake Surf ...... so you can decide whether you want to ride an Old Lead Sled or ride a Modern Day High Performance ZSC Board that was designed and tested and approved by one of the top Wake Surfers in the World!! There will be a Pro Surf and a Hybrid at the Southern Surf Fest so make sure you get to ride one!!
Attached Images