Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2008

Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-25-2008, 1:37 PM Reply   
I know this is a little off subject but who cares? here goes...

So... we're out last Saturday... pretty much me and about 5 or 6 friends... we have a local riding spot that we call the barge canal mainly b/c its used for barges to get off the main river channel and lock through the dam... anyways about 2/3 the way up the canal there's a large bridge and under this bridge there's a park and there's access to the water... there is RARELY anyone at the park much less the water... anyways... i'm riding and not really paying attention to the shore i feel something hit my board('08 Ibex) between my feet... i look up and my buddys in the boat have a look on their face like "O $#!T"... i look on the bank and there's 2 kids about 8-10 yrs old throwing rocks at every boat that passes... ok at this point i'm POed!!! i tell the driver to double me up and we're going back... i guide him driving my boat far enough away so it wouldn't be hit but where i could edge out and say something... of course the little BA$&%!DS were throwing rock all they could... so i yell "QUIT THAT $#!T!!!" as i catch on of the rock one of them threw and launch it best i can (having to ride switch b/c i'm right handed and ride RFF) back at the little ankle biter... the whole time the kids are throwing rocks and flipping all of us off... so now i'm really gonna give it to them next pass... we were all laughing about it in the boat and all agreed these kids needed a good thrashing... so next pass a buddy and me decide the only way to win this war is to get on their level... and having much better taunting skills b/c of age, experience, and tactical position we let them have it... one buddy is in the front of the boat and another on a wakeboard both with the FULL MOON on and i'm sitting in the drivers seat yelling "NEEDLE D--- NEEDLE D--- NEEDLE D---" in the same manner as the guy off WaterBoy (the adam sandler movie) did when taunting Bobby Bouche... the girls on the boat were laughing their heads off at our antics the 3rd 4th and 5th times we passed doing this and honestly the first time they just shook their heads and were probably a little disappointed that we... in our mid 20s would stoop to that level... but in my own defense a) my wakeboard was hit w/ a ROCK b) my boat could have been hit causing a couple hundred at least in damages c) someone on my boat could have been injured had we not see the kids w/ the rocks

so i'm wondering... did we take it too far? or should we have been adults and just called the cops to them?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       09-25-2008, 1:45 PM Reply   
i would have stabbed them. so you're fine
Old     (onthewatermo)      Join Date: Jan 2008       09-25-2008, 1:48 PM Reply   
The FULL MOON on should not be used around children. I know someone who was charged with exposing himself to a minor for that one which jumps you into a status you don't want to be. I understand all in good fun and also understand being upset about your board/boat...just offering a warning.
Old     (kyle_m)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-25-2008, 1:52 PM Reply   
i woulda just risked it and sprayed the chit outta them not with the boat of dcourse but with just a simple cut out
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-25-2008, 1:56 PM Reply   
"i woulda just risked it and sprayed the chit outta them not with the boat of dcourse but with just a simple cut out"

i was dying to but they were up on a rock pile about 8-10 ft above water level and i'm sure there's someone out there who can spray that high but i really didn't see me making it... they were actually throwing rocks down at the boat
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-25-2008, 2:00 PM Reply   
Agree with Andy - Being charge as being a sex offender (that will stay on your record for the rest of your life) is not something to be taken lightly.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-25-2008, 2:13 PM Reply   
I'll back this up. Law enforcement nearly pressed charges on a good friend in high school for mooning. He was 18 and she was 15. In Washington State, you're looking at life as a 3rd degree sex offender. Scary shizz...
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-25-2008, 2:16 PM Reply   
all good to know... guess next time the like $#!% heads are out there i'll keep it to yelling obscenities and possibly round up a sneak attack to kick their little arses in the water
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-25-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
oh...how much would that suck....
Old     (steezyshots)      Join Date: Feb 2008       09-25-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
A buddy of mine got the 3rd degree thing for taking a piss in public. You gotta watch out these days!
Old     (jackeh)      Join Date: May 2008       09-25-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
I have to agree with Nick i would have stabbed them too.

well i most likely would have called the copers.

i can't believe that some kids would do something like that. (bad parenting) in my opinion.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-25-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
This is why I have a canon mounted to my tower! Kids and Fisherman WATCHOUT!
Old     (watersnake)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-25-2008, 3:07 PM Reply   
What little punk-ass kids would do somthing like that? I would have never done anything like this as a kid (and I got into alot of a kid). Also my two boys would never pull crap like this. I bet the parents of the little bastards need a swift kick in the ass as well!
Old     (deltaratmike)      Join Date: Jun 2008       09-25-2008, 5:58 PM Reply   
really tho i woulda hit them with rocks and whatever i could find until they statred crying. little chits
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-25-2008, 6:07 PM Reply   
automatic paintball gun under my seat at all times. fortunately, i havent had to use it. but if i was in your position i would have taken it out and lit them up
Old     (wkbrdindmax)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-25-2008, 11:18 PM Reply   
If I had waterdork's gun I would gone Delta Force on them. Otherwise, I'm not going to risk damage to my thousands of dollars in boat, boards, etc. just to go back around and try and make a point. Keep on riding down the canal and chuckle about how that was the most fun the punks could find.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-26-2008, 9:14 AM Reply   
i mean seriously i couldn't figure out why they were out there even... all i could reason out was "dang these environmental extremists are starting out young these days... they'd have better luck throwing rocks at cars"

i got the plan in place for this weekend... i will have a borrowed automatic paintball gun in my boat for this weekend (borrowing it from a friend who's WAY too into it... i think it's a Luxe?) and he's not happy about this part but the paintballs will be on ice right next to the usual 30 pack of stones that accompany us TO the water every weekend... he told me that if we didn't freeze them that w/ his big hopper and and couple passes we should be able to paint a significant amount of the bank where they will be standing orange... long story short if the frozen paintballs don't do the trick then we'll just start chucking full beer at them until they're fairly lifeless...

i'm really hoping the little ba$%@rds are back
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       09-26-2008, 9:29 AM Reply   
dude come on. i think you're taking this too far. remember, they are 8 year olds and you are mid-20s! firing paintballs at them could get you in way worst trouble than it's worth. they'd end up telling there parents who would come to the bank, see your boat, see the paint on the grass/rocks/wherever, and notify police. if anything, talk to them and maybe startle them a little bit by saying you will find their parents and talk to them, or call the cops.
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-26-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
It might just be me...but intentionally going out to mess up some kids (and posting it on the internet beforehand) seems like asking for trouble. Say you hit one in the face with a frozen paintball (chipped tooth, messed up eye, etc). Parents track you down...probably some kind of assault charge results. I don't think the 'they threw rocks at me last weekend' defense would be bought by any judge as a cause for retaliation. I enjoy my freedom too much, I say just avoid any confrontation and live a longer, authority-free life.
Old     (wakex2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-26-2008, 9:42 AM Reply   
to be honest the chances of them being there are nill and the paintball gun is a scare tactic... and yes if they're throwing rocks at my steeze again i'm gonna post up and sit there and talk smack to them and keep them there until the cops get there to take them into custody and add what i'm assuming will be their first arrest in what i'm sure will be many in their lifetime

but i really would like to light those punk bioches up w/ a paintball marker first...
Old     (stroh)      Join Date: Apr 2008       09-26-2008, 10:07 AM Reply   
Slingshot and some water balloons. That'll scatter em.
Old     (mammoth)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-26-2008, 10:25 AM Reply   
You're a jackace for even thinking about taking the paintball gun out. You deserve anything you get.

And your friend loaning you the PB gun is just as bad. You know how we complain about a certain part of the wake community that gives us the sport a bad name? Eh...nevermind, something just occured to me.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2008, 11:03 AM Reply   
yeah paintball gun is a bit extreme... just call the cops. I doubt you will get a chance to speak to the parents. At the time however, I would have super furious too, and maybe tried to cut hard out to shore, hit land, jump out of the bindings and try to stab them with the wakeboard haha.
Old     (kottonm0uthking4)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2008, 12:12 PM Reply   
we keep a water balloon launcher in our boat. One of those three man ones. I would use my fat sack pump to fill them up, and launch away.