Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through February 24, 2008

Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       01-30-2008, 6:50 PM Reply   
i dont know that gloves are so lame. with the winter being so cold here in cali ill be wearing them for another month probably. however you wouldnt catch me dead wearing them in the summer. hahaha. that one is kind of borderline
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-30-2008, 7:11 PM Reply   
lol i have rocked the gloves before i had no skin left on my palms i had to =(

and my friend rocks the skater shoes having never even thought of skating in his life i totally agree that it is very lame.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-30-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
Sorry J-Rod, I disagree. I'll even put money on it. Alliance said it was dumb last year. Murray's said on here that the pros think it is dumb. There is a big following for it among some of the regulars on here but that is not the majority of the watersports or wakeboard population. And most of the folks that do support it seem to be Westcoasters.

I'll agress that over a shorty it's fine since it just looks like you're wearing a wetsuit top but over a fullsuit . . . dorky
Old     (hawk7)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
no shorts over the wetsuit looks funny.
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-30-2008, 7:26 PM Reply   
I don't think wearing skate shoes is lame.

I don't really skateboard much, but i've only ever owned skate shoes in the last 10 years. They are from cool companies with cool designs!

Its like people who wear runners, not all of them are fit and run around all day long.
Old    K.B.C.            01-30-2008, 7:28 PM Reply   
"How about the whole spinning on the rail thing? I dont really like the 1080 across the rail. Now if your transferring or exiting/entering its all good. But while sliding? Press that shizz out yo!!!"

word to your mother!
Old     (premier136)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-30-2008, 7:30 PM Reply   
wearing a t-shirt over your life jacket
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-30-2008, 7:57 PM Reply   
Scott, she said "word back; press that shred stick out official like a referee with a whistle!"
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2008, 8:34 PM Reply   
I second the T-shirt over a jacket is dumb
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-30-2008, 8:42 PM Reply   
I agree with spinning like crazy on the rails.

looks much better when you spin on or off,
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       01-30-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
I have to say that in that throw back contest, thomas horrell rocked two thruster straps (on an erich schmaltz american spirit thruster pro model), and not the wack one binding/one strap trick. In fact, he basically thought it was cheating (not in a mean spirited way--and I agree) that people were using boots, since it was a throw back contest.

anyway, that was probably the best contest alliance ever did.
Old     (ryanjones)      Join Date: Nov 2007       01-30-2008, 9:11 PM Reply   
Fashion in wakeboarding..... Holy Crap... I know a dude that rocks a pink helmet and he is still a bad ass... Watch more Fuel T.V. and less E!...
Old     (liquidmalibu)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-30-2008, 9:25 PM Reply   
Sorry chef.
What i meant was how one of horrells straps broke but he just kept on slaishing.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-30-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
People that keep saying, "I would rock this," and, "The other guy rocks that"
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-30-2008, 9:33 PM Reply   
I have definitely worn gloves wakeboarding in the summer... If you had seen the size and sheer number of blisters (two blood) that showed up on my hands over the course of the week before that, I'm sure that you wouldn't have called it that lame either. I also wore gloves in the winter... Call it what you like, but I happen to like my fingers where they are.

I'm so glad that I don't own a full wetsuit. It makes the entire board shorts over a suit thing completely moot for me.
Old     (luchog)      Join Date: Jun 2002       01-31-2008, 4:23 AM Reply   
Carbon handles are lame.
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-31-2008, 5:56 AM Reply   
You guys really wear shorts over your wetsuit? Why not get a grey wetsuit and some blue Speedos? Then you could paint a giant bat on your suit! It wouldn't look any sillier.

The lamest trend in my opinion were the monster fins that came on almost every board in the mid-to-late 90's. I don't need an 8" fin.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-31-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
That's a damn good idea. Next summer I'm going to find the cheapest gray wetsuit that I can, and I'm going to buy a blue speedo to go with it, and some blue fabric paint. THANKS!
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-31-2008, 6:22 AM Reply   
I don't think gloves were lame when all we had were tractor grips that would rip up your hands in 5 minutes. Obviously there isn't a need for them much anymore, but it was a must back in the day if you rode a lot!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-31-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
Dante ~~ I'm just shy around crowds with my body, I have to support the shorts !
Upload
Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       01-31-2008, 8:15 AM Reply   
how are gloves a lame trend? they serve a purpose. if i ride for a few hours without gloves my hands start killing me.
Old     (jetpilotz)      Join Date: Mar 2007       01-31-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
Winter, and listening to people complain about arbitrary things because it's too cold to ride...

(Message edited by jetpilotz on January 31, 2008)
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-31-2008, 9:17 AM Reply   
"Obviously there isn't a need for them much anymore"

Hah! Go ride in 40 degree water and lemme know how your hands feel afterwards. There's also a few moms around that pick up gloves for thier young ones because the handle still hurts their hands. But as far as Pro's in Florida are concerned? Yeah, I agree.

Board shorts over full suit = lame.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-31-2008, 10:00 AM Reply   
^^^ I think I just got a shout out !
Old     (board2death)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-31-2008, 10:08 AM Reply   
wearing boardshorts over the wetsuit
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-31-2008, 11:19 AM Reply   
Dude shorts over the wetsuit is definitely a good thing. No one wants to look at some dude in a skin tight suit, with bulges. It's not easy being steezy! haha.

Of course I stopped wearing wetsuits a while ago. It's either boardshorts and a heater top or a drysuit for me! No in between.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       01-31-2008, 11:36 AM Reply   
I think this thread is the worst trend in wakeboarding.
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-31-2008, 12:10 PM Reply   
how does this look good? Sorry Mitch but you look so gay in this pic.

Upload
Old     (antbug)      Join Date: Jul 2004       01-31-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
One more. Cool trick, great pop .....you still look gay Mitch ahahahahaha

Upload
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-31-2008, 12:16 PM Reply   
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

mitch is officially yo biatch!
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       01-31-2008, 12:25 PM Reply   
...and Bug likes to take pics other dudes that set off his gay-dar.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-31-2008, 12:29 PM Reply   
I am with you David. Heater top and shorts or a drysuit. If it's cold enough to need a full wetsuit, then I would much rather be in a drysuit!
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-31-2008, 12:51 PM Reply   
Holy Castro Bugman! I just changed my mind on shorts over wetsuits after seeing that first pic of Mitch. Please everyone wear shorts over your wetsuit. Please tell me Mitch doesn't wear chaps when he's not on the water .
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-31-2008, 1:27 PM Reply   
i was going to post a pic of a rider with out shorts on and one with to show how gay it looks, but Ant beat me to it, all you need is just one w/o it speaks for itself no comparison needed!
Old     (hal2814)      Join Date: Feb 2006       01-31-2008, 1:32 PM Reply   
I don't know. Compared to Josh up above wearing capri pants, it's not really worse.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
I rest my case.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2008, 1:41 PM Reply   
Someone photoshop some shorts on him for gods sake.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       01-31-2008, 1:44 PM Reply   
Dante ~~ Hold on I got another!
Upload
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       01-31-2008, 1:51 PM Reply   
Rich dudes with bandanas on there heads that barely covers there eyes. I laugh every time I see that see that. Back where I grew up only Hispanics and Mexicans in gangs wore that and it meant you were affiliated with some type of gang. I just laugh when I see someone wearing that in an 85k wakeboard boat.

Anyone remember "Bones"? Those were the metal plates that where an alternative to binding screws. I rode with a guy who swore that made his riding better.

(Message edited by Pierce Bronkite on January 31, 2008)
Old     (mxflyer281)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-31-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Haha lmao its an offical rule in my boat to wear shorts over your wetsuit unless there r some ladies to impress on the other hand nvm i need the boardshorts
Old     (timmy)      Join Date: Jul 2001       01-31-2008, 2:18 PM Reply   
someone please tell this guy to put some shorts on! sheesh!

Upload
Old     (baschralper)      Join Date: Dec 2001       01-31-2008, 2:50 PM Reply   
I've come to the conclusion that wakeboarders are kooks.

signed,
A surfer without shorts over the suit.

p.s. why wear a wetsuit when you can go from trunks into a drysuit and back to trunks, anyways?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       01-31-2008, 3:01 PM Reply   
I hate drysuits. Takes all the pleasure out of wakeboarding for me. I prefer a good wetsuit
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-31-2008, 3:26 PM Reply   
I'm sorry but I refuse to wear a wetsuit w/o shorts over it I mean for real I don't wanna see your junk and I'm sure you don't wanna see mine so cover it up :-) lol
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-31-2008, 3:29 PM Reply   
Jarrod,
We wear DIRTBIKES
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       01-31-2008, 4:12 PM Reply   
Upload
Upload
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       01-31-2008, 7:51 PM Reply   
That Marino poster with the jersey tucked into the Zubaz is awesome!!!! Not technically wakeboarding, but wakesurfing is one of the wakeboarding spin off pursuits I could do without.
Old    kidrik            01-31-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Mango.........I'm speechless
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-01-2008, 4:01 AM Reply   
God there are so many.

Not in order except #1.
1. The fact we still don't have release bindings. Seriously stop development on the perfect version of the BOA or some new material that is .000005% lighter than last years boots and get to work on this, manufacturers. We're at a standstill on this, still, and it is absolutely needed.

The word steeze.

The word slaysh.

The word gnar.

Helmets when you are just a beginner trying wake-to-wake jumps, heck even simple inverts. They are completely unnecessary for 99% of people unless you're riding at Andrew A level or are hitting sliders, kickers and obstacles. If you are hitting sliders they are 100% needed. See what I did there? Flipped it on you!

The weird recent disconnect between wakeskaters and wakeboarders, manifested on some sites as sort of a jock/not jock divide that doesn't exist in reality. This one perplexes/saddens me.

Wake pants (kind of over now but... worth listing as a dark point in the history of the sport). Thanks Shane & Jet Pilot for burying that one!

Rash guards. Seriously.

The need to fix the shorts after every, every, every, every trick. Has a little bit of pale thigh ever hurt anyone?

Boardshorts over a full-suit wetsuit (whatcha 'fraid of fellas? Shrinkage?). That is just an absolutely assenine look in addition to being unnecessary. It also screams "I am insecure. See? Pants over this part of my body. **points at that area**". If someone in your crew is upset about having to see you in a full suit, junk included, uninvite them. Or tell them junk is part of the deal with cooler weather riding and they need to be ok with that.

Closed toe boots that feel like a cast, along with fewer and fewer open toe boot options for those of us who aren't totally sold on closed toe boots.

The current iteration of the MasterCraft X2 (pickle fork, not the old 205 hull). Also the curious fact that this is one of MC's cash cows and people just line up to buy that thing.

Randy Harris as Chuck Norris stuff, both the jokes about it and the people who are serious banana riders about the guy. By the way that Chuck Norris internet 'meme' was dead 2 years ago guys. Stop.

Boats spoken about as not needing ballast. Tige, MC, CC, I don't care. NO BOAT can be spoken of that way if the goal is world-class wakes. Not one. And don't say "but the Wedge" because... no.

The price of top tier inboard wake boats.

Those come to mind. I can probably come up with more if I was in a worse mood.

(Message edited by juniorhawk on February 01, 2008)
Old     (alindquist)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-01-2008, 4:34 AM Reply   
How bout anytime someone mentions buying an IO and 40 people post up saying to buy a mid 80's 2001... Lame...
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-01-2008, 4:40 AM Reply   
Aww come on that one isn't so bad

Old     (jealous_soul)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-01-2008, 5:57 AM Reply   
so helmets are also a lame trend, when they are in fact pretty useful...?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       02-01-2008, 8:17 AM Reply   
"Helmets when you are just a beginner trying wake-to-wake jumps, heck even simple inverts. They are completely unnecessary for 99% of people unless you're riding at Andrew A level or are hitting sliders, kickers and obstacles. If you are hitting sliders they are 100% needed. See what I did there? Flipped it on you!"

Now I'm not a fan of helmet's either, but it's pretty ignorant to suggest that you can't get hurt doing a simple wake to wake jump as a beginner. Perhaps you completely missed the stories last year where people DIED, broken necks/backs, and/or were left in a comma from a simple wake to wake warm up jump.

So I'm sure you weren't suggested that.

Id say the beginner stage is the most critical time to protect yourself while you are figuring things out.

The rest of the post is
Old     (liquidmx)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2008, 8:27 AM Reply   
I agree J-rod, that was a pretty bad comment. I would almost lean the exact opposite direction with it. For example, your much more likely to catch an edge as a newbie than a seasoned vet. We know that as your riding progresses, so does your skill in falling. The best riders in the world are also the best fallers in the world.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       02-01-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
ignorant or arrogant?
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       02-01-2008, 8:28 AM Reply   
aaron, wow. i guess 40 ppl really were wrong...
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-01-2008, 8:30 AM Reply   
Thank you J-Rod, I was just going to add a comment to that. Pretty ignorant to say helmets are lame....
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-01-2008, 8:37 AM Reply   
erik you may or may not be in serious need of anger management, or maybe just a nap. regardless i found numerous entries on your list quite comical aside from the fact that i do fit in with an alarming amout of them. i will refrain from giving specifics lest i be deemed more unhip than average. for the sake of the thread my favorite dose of lame comes from people who own exceedingly expensive boats that blast their music as loud as they can and then drive back and forth in front of crowds to make sure everyone knows that they dominate the heelside wake jump.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       02-01-2008, 8:54 AM Reply   
You know what I hate? This is going to piss some people off but I dont care. I hate perfect pass! It has created a whole generation of boat drivers that suck! Dont get me wrong its cool that your new girl can drive the boat at a decent speed the first time she ever tries, but I still hate it. Plus I have never had anyone drive me a good double up with perfect pass on either, no matter how big they drive the cicle they always are too fast or to slow.

In my boat its all about perfect wrist not perfect pass.
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-01-2008, 9:06 AM Reply   
The lamest thing in wakeboarding is the fact so many people on here cant wait to judge someone else for thier style. Really who cares what you think about me or my style. I could care less about yours.
Go ride stop judging!

(Message edited by deltaridah on February 01, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-01-2008, 9:31 AM Reply   
To Erik,

What's the matter Mr. Grumpy gills? Lift your chin up and just keep swimming swimming...

Okay, done acting like a five year old...

I like perfect pass, mainly because after riding behind a deck boat that can't maintain a good solid speed for wakeboarding, where you have to tweak the throttle handle an 1/8 of an inch lest you slow down/speed up five miles per hour. It's pretty annoying.

I also find those people who have mastered the heelside wake jump while blasting music from their 90k boat to be completely and utterly irritating... Sad thing is, that is what most of the people who wakeboard on my section of lake are... AGH!
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
Antbug, who's the fox in those pics ?

All I've got to say is I will never put shorts over a fullsuit. I'm not ashamed of my body and don't feel the need to hide it. I'm not going to lie, I know I have an amazing ass. And those powerful legs, I wouldnt think of hiding those beasts.
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-01-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
mitch I hear hes some gay dude..........

I am just really worried that that picture is giong to make me stumple in my relationship with Emily Copeland and Dallas Friday(shes now single)!!!!!

Actually i wouldnt be against them rocking just wetsuits or birthday suits}
Old     (burberry03)      Join Date: Dec 2006       02-01-2008, 10:14 AM Reply   
oops I was just jokin mitch; I was gonna write that but I forget
Old     (deltaridah)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-01-2008, 11:13 AM Reply   
to stay in the sprit of the vote thread I say that I am convinced, if i was a surfer i wouldnt rock shorts over. But then again if i was crazy enough to jump in the cold arse pacific ocean and be good enough to ride pipes like that I say hell I'm letting my balls hang anyways out there, but then again who would see me some sicko watching me in binnocuars???

But never the less I'm a wakeboarder from the delta! I love style in all forms.
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-01-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
No grumpy gills here, Nick, Kawaik. Really just trying to have some fun. Only one I listed that could probably have used some restraint was the comment about the X2, but its too late to edit that. The boat is a top seller, despite it's issues, juxtaposed against that price tag. My snarky sense of humor clearly lost with certain folks in here. Maybe we can meet in the middle with a few of you not taking ever single word so seriously. It's just how I write. I certainly don't want to be talking past each other, so I'll own part of it. Anyway whats this trend with derailing opinion based threads with bash-action on what people have posted in terms of their opinions. Its discussion and opinion going on here, and fuels this site. It's not a wikipedia entry.

Anyway regarding helmets, overall safety is THE primary concern for me when teaching new people. Safety is THE primary concern for me as a wakeboarder of 15 years and I hope 75 more, and for that of my loved ones and crew that rides with me. But having someone wear a helmet to learn how to cut around and even do wake to wakes stuff has never even crossed my mind, even being a safety Boy Scout kind of person on my boat. I do see people buying helmets as part of the beginner get-up for a new wakeboarder, and that absolutely baffles me. Unless I am confused about the technologies & benefits at play, I presume that helmets are of marginal usefulness for this purpose. For obstacles, kickers, and so forth - they are a MUST. But when I consider the drag that gets added to the equation when a person fall doing a simple, or even mildly aggressive trick, I'd almost rather it just be my, or their head than a helmet with a chin strap, more surface area, and so on. I can guess that hat subject has been debated on here. I bet it was left at 50/50 and that everyone could agree at least that people should be wearing some type of bathing suit at all times while wakeboarding, and helmets if they are hitting kickers, sliders and rocks n docks.

Not to keep drilling on it, but anecdotally, when I feel a need to get really padded up to try something that will hammer my body, its my barefoot suit or my full suit wetsuit and a CGA vest. Not a helmet. Would a helmet really help with learning raleys and stuff like that? I'd be interested in hearing your opinions on that as I really can't comment. Seems to me that body/torso punishing scenarios are far more exclusive head trauma scenarios, but I guess I can see the benefit there. But my tendency to fall on the other side of this is powered in part by watching riders, each of them, throw their helmet to shore once they've finished their run proper - as they are setting in for their double up trick which could be argued by some of you here that a helmet is needed as much in that case as the rest of the run that involved sliders and kickers.

Last - I though of one more that you can critique and get mad at me for: The (thankfully small) population of people that attempt to incite an equal amount of excitement over tricks done off of a kicker vs off the wake. Particularly the elusive 1080 and likely 1260s this year or next (lookin' at you Harf ).

Is a 1080 off of a kicker easy? No. Should we all applaud those that can do it? Yes. Is it an apples to apples comparison? No. Do some on here and the other site act like it is? Yes. Can an argument be made that it is as different a sport from boat-towed wakeboarding as kiteboarding is? A pretty weak one, but yeah - it could be done.

Joe Umali - regarding the arrogant/ignorant comment please check your PM box on the other site.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-01-2008, 7:21 PM Reply   
i guess i think of my wetsuit as a second layer of skin, therefore i must wear the shorts just as i would if i didnt have the wetsuit on...what is the necessity for the boardshorts on if no wetsuit?
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       02-01-2008, 7:32 PM Reply   
Well jonny, it seems some people I know don't find it necessary to wear boardshorts at any time. I have pictures - should I post them? Would you be embarrased? HAHAHA

On a side note - Where can I get a pair of those wakeboard Pants? - those are sweet!

(Message edited by ian30 on February 01, 2008)
Old     (wakeboardlasvegas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       02-01-2008, 7:38 PM Reply   
Erik would enjoy it too much... j/k bro
Old     (juniorhawk)      Join Date: Jul 2004 Location: New England       02-01-2008, 8:21 PM Reply   
Unfortunately I have seen pantsless wakeboarding and I hope to never see it again.

Some type of pants/shorts = a must for wakeboarding. Can we agree on that at least
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-01-2008, 8:38 PM Reply   
erik im going to stick my neck out and agree with about 85% of what you have said. hahaha. you are too charasmatic not to. i most deffiantely will aplaud what you have said and look forward to reading more of your posts. keep the opinions coming.
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       02-02-2008, 8:53 AM Reply   
Andy,
I definitely agree on your perfect pass comment but as someone that can drive the boat equally well with or without perfect pass, I LOVE IT, and I will drive you a perfect double up, triple up, or triple up whip with perfect pass on. I find that perfect pass is very boat to boat sensitive. My 210, no matter how much weight in it, keeps very good speed and evens out very quickly for double ups (but you obviously still have to pay attention). On my friends x-80, the perfect pass is terrible, I actually just drive the boat mainly using RPM's. The whole concept of driving the boat well with perfect pass for a noob driver who has never driven a wakeboarder is BS. I still never let a noob driver pull me because I know I'm going to end up losing my cool, getting my arms ripped off, or not inviting them back on the boat lol. The only thing you really need to drive a boat is RPM's, definitely the most consistent on speed

(Message edited by lfxstar on February 02, 2008)
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-02-2008, 2:46 PM Reply   
I know that i look good!!!!!
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-02-2008, 2:54 PM Reply   
Mitch, their just jelous because they are stuck in those feet cuffs.

They all secretly want to be wakeskaters
Old     (kawaik)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-02-2008, 3:16 PM Reply   
thought of another thing that bothers me. this isn't much of a wakeboard trend so it may not count points for me but it is stupid nonetheless. when people on pwc's ride back and forth in butter pulling up and down on their bars (not an ambiguous sexual refrence by the way) to try and get some air. EXTREME!!!.... all it equates to is a lot of noise and choppy water but does give you something to do such as talk about how terribly awesome the rider of the said craft is.

"My snarky sense of humor clearly lost with certain folks in here. Maybe we can meet in the middle with a few of you not taking ever single word so seriously."

don't you hate it when that happens...
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-02-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Caleb, you know it.

By the way i didnt make that second post. Im pretty sure it was antbug. I think he has a crush on me....
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-02-2008, 5:19 PM Reply   
Mitch, Its gotta be the fullsuit, can you blame him?

by the way, this will be my last year wakeboarding. Im finally losing the bindings!
Old    stillstandin            02-02-2008, 8:20 PM Reply   
Wearing board shorts over your wetsuit is by far the worst trend of wakeboarding....I still have several friends who are die hard surfers, they think its the funniest thing ever. Makes us look silly.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       02-02-2008, 9:29 PM Reply   
Are you sure there are no grumpy gills there Mr. Erik? =P
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-03-2008, 9:30 AM Reply   
Caleb, congrats!
Why are you still going another year though? Haha. Ive only wakeboarded probably 5 times since 2004, each time like 2 falls max, haha.

Lamest trend in wakeboarding is bindings. hahaha.

kidding...kinda