Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       11-13-2014, 7:53 AM Reply   
So I'm purchasing a house in discovery bay and am getting my own boat dock!! Looking in to getting a used hydro hoist or some thing similar. I have a sanger v210 and this is my first go around with any type of boat lift of any kind. So my question is are there any alternatives or things I should look for?also how easy are they to install? Obviously I have a lot of $$ going out purchasing a home so I'm kinda trying to do this on a budget. Any feed back would be appreciated thanks.
Old     (bftskir)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-13-2014, 8:28 AM Reply   
They do turn up used. Just idle around Disco to see what people have. We had one at Lindquist and it was great.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       11-13-2014, 8:31 AM Reply   
Congrats!!!!!!!

Give these guys a call: http://www.calboatlift.com/

When I was buying in Disco, these guys came out and provided a ton of info/options/ideas etc....
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       11-13-2014, 8:38 AM Reply   
My buddy is renting a duplex with one tgat the owner said one if the pontoons leak. I was thinking of offering some cash for it. But don't know how easy of a fix it would be.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       11-13-2014, 8:49 AM Reply   
Mugs I was trying to avoid spending 4-5 racks
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-13-2014, 9:29 AM Reply   
Here you go. Finders fee will be a wakesurf set behind that 210.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/boa/4758073963.html
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       11-13-2014, 9:41 AM Reply   
Lol surf set
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-13-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
HydroHoist lifts are great.. mine is almost 10 years old.. never an issue.

Pro tip: if the blower ever dies.. they use the same motor as central vac systems (cheaper than getting a HH branded motor).
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2014, 1:06 PM Reply   
Just sold my 6,000 # center mount Hydro Hoist in Disco for $2K. Just to give you an idea.
Old     (leaks)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-13-2014, 1:09 PM Reply   
Second on Migs post. Call Tom at Cal Lifts. He's long time friend of mine. tell him Greg mallek sent you. May get some "love" out of it.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       11-13-2014, 9:47 PM Reply   
I wanna build one!! Lol..seriously
Old     (miljack)      Join Date: Feb 2006       11-14-2014, 4:35 AM Reply   
No you don't! The tanks will cost you close to what you can purchase a good quality used lift for...Anything under $3k for a Hydro Hoist, Poly Lift, Roto Lift, etc... are all quality lifts and will last you a long time. If you can purchase a lift which is designed so that all of the frame work is out of the water when the lift is up, it will last almost forever.
Take a look at the Lakes of the Ozarks lift guys, that seems to be the biggest market for air type lifts, tons of manufacturers, and possible to find a smaller name brand for less money if you search...