Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-05-2015, 4:29 PM Reply   
I was doing some research on my existing Z1 vs a G21/23 and the draft measurements have me confused. Can it be true that the Z1 drafts at 29" and the G21 at 25"? I have shallow water issues so that would be incredible (reason to upgrade, right?). Are these numbers measured differently? Shed some light please!
Old     (Fixable)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-05-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
Yes, sounds about right. The Z1 has a deeper V, and will draft deeper. Gs have a very flat bottom on the back. Minimal draft for a boat it's size.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-05-2015, 7:51 PM Reply   
Without a doubt those could be very true numbers. The Z series Tige's as Eric mentions have a much more pronounced V hull where the G is much flatter. This makes the Tige sit deeper in the water. The deepest part of the V also happens to be where the prop shaft and rudder attach again causing the Tige to "run" deeper.
Old     (Jn94defender)      Join Date: Mar 2013       11-05-2015, 8:33 PM Reply   
Thanks Eric and Swatguy. That makes me feel better!
Old     (all2matt)      Join Date: Apr 2015       11-06-2015, 12:47 PM Reply   
So this summer I sold my '10 tige Z1 and bought a '14 G23. the river we ride/surf has lots of 8-12' ft areas mixed into its 14-18' spots. I can say that in those shallower spots the G surfs much better than the Z which surprised the heck out of me. We test drove a malibu 22MXZ in the same spots and could not get a wake form. I never did compare the draft #s but the shape of the surf portion on the hull for each boat it definitely makes sense the G would surf better than the Z in that shallow water.

So if your worried about your wake I can say on my boats in my river it turned out for the better in the G vs Z, but we also have a 2mph current whipping thru so that may also be a factor. On the Z we could surf down stream on the G we can NOT so that's one place the Z was better.

Last edited by all2matt; 11-06-2015 at 12:48 PM. Reason: spelling
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2015, 10:28 PM Reply   
JK...according to "the book"....yes...the draft of both G's is 25inches. I had my G21 tied to the dock this summer and we were losing water in our lake and I had it sitting pretty shallow a few times. I was surprised to not see some mud kicked up when I went in and out. Very shallow running boat after seeing it sit like a MONSTER on the trailer...lol