Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 22, 2008

Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-02-2008, 3:57 PM Reply   
More of a vent than question, but how competitive are you among your crew? I have a buddy who is competitive in everything he does, probably even breathing. He always insists on telling me all the stuff he does behind the boat that I haven't....when I am not with him. But when we are out together, I never see it. Most of the time I just laugh it off, but it gets annoying after awhile. Thoughts?
Old    K.B.C.            09-02-2008, 4:11 PM Reply   
Ride harder and get better than he is. That'll shut him up
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       09-02-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
Step up and give him one of your profile pictures!
Old     (helix_rider)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-02-2008, 4:16 PM Reply   
The only guys I've seen do that are insecure and trying to prove something. I just don't have patience for it...next time he's mouthin' off, say something like, "Dude, no matter how many more tricks you throw than me, it's never gonna make up for that tiny package you're sportin'."
Old     (gobigorgohome)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
Quote: how competitive are you among your crew?

Not at all, we just go out for fun and a relaxing time. I don't want any competetive vibes going on.
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-02-2008, 4:19 PM Reply   
Our crew pushes each other all the time. We talk smac, but we can usually back it up... or else wreck ourselves trying... and when we can't back it up... we ALWAYS get called out. Competition is good among a crew. My buddy landing a five this spring motivated me to bring back my own heel5. Another buddy learned toe 3's and he pushed a guy to land his...

Some guys are all talk... I personally don't hang with guys like that. Too much bs and not enough truth.

UJ
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-02-2008, 4:25 PM Reply   
Would love to Josh, but he owns a sweet boat. That's what I was getting at UJ, pushing each other is one thing but all talk is just that. I see other riders in our crew throw tricks I can only dream of but they give me something to shoot for and let their riding speak for itself.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-02-2008, 4:29 PM Reply   
Talk is cheap, just laugh in his face and mock him when he can't back it up.
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Keep talking him up, while you stay humble and progress to let your riding speak for itself. Some people get caught up on "who's better" but really, who cares? People like that should have to be alone thinking about why no one is there to drive the boat for them you know. It is good to push yourself but people like that just amuse me.
Old     (shon_g)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-02-2008, 5:07 PM Reply   
Well said UJ!!
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2008, 5:39 PM Reply   
competitiveness isnt a bad thing as long as its not to excess (just like almost everything)

my crew gets a lil competitive, but there are never harsh feelings or anything like that. we just push eachother and have fun
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-02-2008, 5:49 PM Reply   
Nothing more fun than a game of horse behind the boat with a buddy, but its all in fun. If you want to be that competitive, go enter a comp.
Old     (escapade4k)      Join Date: May 2006       09-04-2008, 11:07 PM Reply   
Attila is the worst. We have to text him the night before with the new tricks we are going to try and if he doesn't approve them, we lose our spot to someone else. If I didn't take pics, I'd never get to go out on "The Whip"
Nothin like talkin smack on WW!
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-05-2008, 4:48 AM Reply   
Ride doubles and play the wakeboarding version of "horse".