Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 29, 2007

Old     (steve_b)      Join Date: Feb 2004       10-24-2007, 10:22 AM Reply   
With the SoCal fires looming around us here in Canyon Lake, I recieved some helpful hints from Derek in what to do to make it through this calamity.
Take heed.

Steve
You should build a moat but make sure you build a bridge or else you'll get stuck in your house. Don't build it out of wood because if you put your bridge down and it's wood it could light on fire, burn across the moat, and burn your house down. You should probably make it out of metal although metal would get really hot if the flames got close to it. Its a tough decision on what to build the bridge out of but good luck. If you built like a two track bridge it would be a lot lighter and wouldn't be as heavy to put up and down. Also, if you put fish into the moat you could also just keep the bridge up and pretty much have an endless supply of food... as long as they keep doing it and popping out baby fish or course.
It's all about planning ahead Steve. You have to think about these things.
You're welcome,
DG

}
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       10-24-2007, 10:58 AM Reply   
Derek put down the Vicodin.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-24-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Yeah, I think Derek is still on pain killers..

Thanks for the laugh, Bates.
Old     (dan_lee)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-24-2007, 11:47 AM Reply   
Are you going to host your own Hall-o-weiner now that the other one is probably burned down?
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-24-2007, 3:05 PM Reply   
It seems fairly logical to me. I don't know what the deal is with zoning and permitting there though.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       10-24-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Ya I think Travis is right, I think that you have to be zoned for Castle to get a permit for a moat.
Old     (spence)      Join Date: Nov 2005       10-24-2007, 3:23 PM Reply   
Hi Steve, Hi Derek.

Upload
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       10-24-2007, 3:54 PM Reply   
Cool Shot Spencer
Old     (teamvaldez)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-25-2007, 3:47 AM Reply   
Just watch out though Steve, the skiers may try and include it in their grandfather clause and set up an effin slalom.
Derek, nice to see your sense of humor in the written word. Take it easy and get better!