Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 11, 2007

Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       06-25-2007, 6:13 PM Reply   
My wife and I are considering putting in a Flyhigh X-star system. It has the 4 tanks that fit in the storage areas and all the plumbing and what not. My question is, my wife really loves to surf. To complicate matters she is goofy footed. Either i don't know how to properly weight the boat for surfing, or I can't drive right, but it is hard to get a good starburd side surf wake out of this boat. This weekend I had a 600 in the rear locker plus about 300 in the nose and it cleaned up.

My question is, how well does the flyhigh system work for not only wakeboarding, but surfing? Any pics would be great.
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-25-2007, 7:29 PM Reply   
Do it I just installed a fly high system in my boat it works like a dream.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 8:25 AM Reply   
i heard it doesnt surf good on one side cuz of the way the prop spins
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       06-26-2007, 9:32 AM Reply   
WRONG! God I'm sick of mastercraft owners acting like they have facts when they havent even had experience with one. "I heard" doesn't sound too credible man. The surf is great on both sides, about 1 inche more lip on the starboard side.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
man colin get a little upset.... this is what i was told by a cwb rep here in norcal... he has had plenty of experience with x-stars...
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       06-26-2007, 11:16 AM Reply   
either way i would put the system in just cuz the wake would be massive... couldnt hurt..
Old     (tmills)      Join Date: May 2006       06-28-2007, 1:18 AM Reply   
Can I ask about the fly high system? I have an 05 Xstar and now use fly high sac's with a tsunami pump, but would love to have a system in place for surfing that I could just flip a switch on. (by the way.. with the right amount of weight, it surfs great on both sides)
Old     (factory)      Join Date: Aug 2006       06-28-2007, 10:37 AM Reply   
The system works great. it does have a better surf wake on the port side. but still good on the starboard side. the same as my buddies x-45. to surf i fill the rear locker fly high bag plus all the factory ballest plus weight up front with people or an extra bag. just cause the system fills the port bag first then the starboard bag. i will post a few pictures later.
Old     (tidalwake0504)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-01-2007, 4:52 PM Reply   
I just call fly high and told them what boat I had and they figured out what I needed and shipped it to my dealership. I just have the 2 vdrive sacks in the back and an integrated bow sack hooked up to the 3 stock pumps. They have 3 T valves to fill everything independently.
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       07-01-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
Thanks guys, any pictures?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-03-2007, 8:48 AM Reply   
may help, we have a ssnautique and used a flyhigh setup for ballast.... works great, only we bought RULE 4000 gph pumps...the thing fills so fast.... except the outlet is 2" and fly high is all 1" so you need to do a little work to make everything fit, but its worth it