Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
Hey guys,
Doc said that I need to start doing light re-hab so I'm coming to you to ask if there is anyone in my area that has a bike trainer that I can borrow for a few months while I work my leg.
Would help alot I don't want to buy one cause as soon as I get better I plan on being on the water.
Thanks
al
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2007, 11:27 AM Reply   
good idea, I'm sure there are a million people with exercise bike in their basements collecting dust.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2007, 11:34 AM Reply   
even a stationary bike will do.

I'll give it back!!!!!!!
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       05-24-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
Allen,

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/search/sss/eby?query=exercise%20bike

Criagslist has a ton of these for sale, some 50 & some 500 if you cant pick up a freebie

Hang in there homie - hope the recovery is going as good as can be expected.
Old     (derby)      Join Date: Nov 2005       05-24-2007, 12:24 PM Reply   
If you come and get it I'll let you borrow a spin bike I have. Just a warning, it doesn't freewheel. It's a fixie I don't know if that is good or bad for you.

Of course it would be nice if yoo could return it too.

Let me know. I'll be out of town this weekend. Any other time you can come get it. I'm in Sunnyvale.
Old     (dcdman67)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-24-2007, 12:27 PM Reply   
I have a bike trainer you could borrow. It attaches to the rear wheel of your bike. It is very similar to this trainer:

http://www.modernbike.com/itemgroup.asp?IGPK=2126174419

I will be in Livermore this weekend if you want to come pick it up.

-D-
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-24-2007, 12:44 PM Reply   
Cool! Al, you could hook your CRF 450 up to that thing in the living room. That's what I call therapy!
Old     (dabell)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-24-2007, 12:59 PM Reply   
Just need to find out how to hook that thing up to the motor of the boat to create some energy. That way it will reduce the amount of gas that is used in the Bone Crusher.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2007, 1:14 PM Reply   
Debo message sent
Old     (deltawake)      Join Date: Sep 2004       05-24-2007, 1:19 PM Reply   
Allen- If you need pick up and/ or delivery help with the offers you've been getting, we split time btw Sunnyvale and Disco Bay. I'd be happy to act as a delivery boy if needed. We make one or two round trips a week.
Old     (allen)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the offers guys, Dan came through I am gettin one from him soon. I knew WW would come through, you have to love the support and friendship we all have with people that we haven't even met most of the time.
Thanks, Much Love

Al
Old     (jay_j)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
C'mon Al, Just start running.... who says you need to crawl before you can walk...
Old     (ynot)      Join Date: Jan 2007       05-24-2007, 9:41 PM Reply   
haha Its not good to run even when your all better from a knee injury or even if you have never had a knee injury but you still wakeboard its not such a good idea.
An exercise bike is the best way to keep you knees in shape because it is low impact, unlike running. Your knees take enough impact from riding to go out and run the next day.
Just letting people know what my dr. has told me about protecting my knees. Hope this will help someone
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       05-25-2007, 7:04 AM Reply   
yeah i tore my acl and miniscus (sp?) in my left knee and had surgery in jan...the bike has been the best for rehabing so far...the elliptical machines are good too once you get the ok from the dr. bc its also low impact on your knees.....dont think im going to be able to ride this summer but i might take up wakeskating around late july....does anyone know much about knee braces...im trying to get the best support so i dont have to go through this whole mess again...any ideas?