Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (kiter86)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-01-2013, 6:10 AM Reply   
I am contemplating a move from my 2008 LF trip 146 to a new Marek 145. I am 6'6" 238lbs and can do 360's and a few inverts. Will I be able to appreciate the upgrade of this board? I have read that it is an excellent board for the bigger guys. I am looking for some extra pop. Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (kiter86)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-01-2013, 9:17 AM Reply   
Also is there any changes from the 2012 to the 2013 besides graphics? I know there was a big change in the 2012 model

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-01-2013, 7:41 PM Reply   
No changes between 12-13. The marek is an amazing board and it lands soo soft with a ton of pop. A huge upgrade
Old     (HSE)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-01-2013, 11:31 PM Reply   
I'm not trying to start an argument, but I used to ride the Marek 146 and I loved the board and pop etc, but the landings bruised my heels so bad I was putting Dr. Scholls gel inserts in my bindings trying to soften the landing. I now ride a Trip 142 and it lands a lot softer for me than the Marek. If you can demo the board first it would be better. It just goes to show that peoples opinions can vary greatly depending on their riding style. The softest landing board I have ever ridden is an older Byerly Monarch.. I'm not your size but I tend to ride larger boards. I would also recommend the BSide 144 as an option, I used to ride that one as well and landed softer for me than the Marek. Like I said, demo if you can.. My buddy is 320 lbs, does inverts, spins etc and the Trip 146 worked well for him. He just breaks a lot of boards regularly, so the Trip didn't have the life span he was looking for.. Good luck..
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       06-02-2013, 6:39 AM Reply   
You are talking about a completely different board. The old marek was way less user friendly and forgiving than the new one. Just look at the edges on it. I took so many diggers on that board. Also it landed harder too
Old     (kiter86)      Join Date: Jul 2009       06-02-2013, 2:00 PM Reply   
I got a great deal on a 2012 Marek. Will be able to try it out next weekend.

Thanks!
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
I have tons of experience on every Trip from it's inception and same with the Marek. i am a big dude and break a lot of boards, so that factors in my decisions. I loved the trip alot and in fact two summers ago was back on it a bunch, but broke several. The Trip for me definitely does not pop as well, but I think it dos land a bit software. I think the foam they use is not as stiff as the marek, which lends to a softer landing. Whenever I put a new person on the Marek they can not believe the speed and pop that this board generates with no much effort. I have also been told that most people prefer the larger board. I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I always recommend to demo first.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-03-2013, 10:19 AM Reply   
I would say no, and I would try the 2013 LF Super Trip, you will be amazed
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       06-04-2013, 2:38 PM Reply   
Im 6"0 200 lbs and i ride the Marek Nova 140... It handles me beautifully!...its a great board to ride, forgiving but extremely agile!...

Go for it man!