Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nauty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       03-15-2010, 11:21 AM Reply   
While shopping on-line for a trampoline enclosure for my kids trampoline I found this tramp board. At only $99 I thought it was a decent deal considering the Guru boards that used to be around were running $300 +.

I'm not affiliated in any way with this company. I just thought it was a good deal and I would pass it along

http://www.trampolinepartsandsupply....oard-blue.html
Attached Images

Old     (elbastardo)      Join Date: Mar 2008       03-15-2010, 3:01 PM Reply   
We used to use those in a Trampoline class at the U of O. My biggest complaint was the stance is really close together. But a decent option if you're worried about using an old skate deck on your trampoline.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-15-2010, 9:37 PM Reply   
I used one of those for like 4 years until it finally gave out. Works good for learning how to grab inverts and spins but this stance is way too close.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-16-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
I just ordered a voda board without ever seeing one in person. Anyone know about the stance on it? Looks pretty narrow also but i think it should be ok, better than no board. It should be waiting for me when I get home from Orlando.
Old     (bflat53212)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-16-2010, 10:10 AM Reply   
I personally think the tramp boards are a waste of money. Just go to your local hardware supply store (lowes, home depot, etc.) or a package/shipping supply store and pick up a piece of spongy foam. It's shipping foam for a rectangle shaped box. You can get them thick or thin, depending on what you like. I'm not talking about Styrofoam, but the cushy type foam, so it won't be brittle and crumble. I think I got mine in a box that was shipped to me, but really don't remember.

The piece I use is almost identifcal to the size of my board. Cut two holes in the place you want your sudo-bindings to go and slip your feet in. This keeps your feet stationary so you can't cheat on your spins, but doesn't rip up your trampoline. The foam will actually be resting around your ankles, but works really great.

I find the tramp boards or anything you use to keep your feet stationary, much more realistic and harder to do spins and just about anything. I definitely don't use it enough.
Old     (jhuff79)      Join Date: Mar 2005       03-16-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
I got one for christmas and it is a lot of fun. I have read where people thought it reduced your bounce, but i have not had this problem.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-16-2010, 2:43 PM Reply   
Skubz is right on. That's what I've used. Just packing foam, cut two holes for the ankles and you're set to go.
Old     (k9fxr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       03-18-2010, 4:12 AM Reply   
Skubz
Not sure I understand what you mean by "cuttting holes", Is that full thickness, no straps?
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-18-2010, 8:40 AM Reply   
Robot, the foam ties your feet together, just like a wakeboard, but you don't stand on the foam. You cut holes all the way through, slip your feet through and the foam goes around your ankles. Like shackles around your ankles. Your feet touch the tramp.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-18-2010, 10:01 AM Reply   
I wanted something that would not only keep my feet set but also have a nose and tail for more realistic grabs on inverts.
Old     (ryanjones)      Join Date: Nov 2007       03-19-2010, 1:43 PM Reply   
Brent,

How long are you in Florida for? I have a trampoline gym in Orlando right by OWC where the pro riders train at. We have Voda boards there if you want to stop in and try out the trampboards while you are here in FL.
Old     (supernatural)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-20-2010, 8:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjones View Post
Brent,

How long are you in Florida for? I have a trampoline gym in Orlando right by OWC where the pro riders train at. We have Voda boards there if you want to stop in and try out the trampboards while you are here in FL.
Hey Ryan

I head out monday morning. Been riding with Jon Bemis and we were going to stop by a few days ago but ran out of time. I have a couple boat sets tomorrow early afternoon at OWC and I'll stop by after.
Old     (spearing)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-22-2010, 4:34 PM Reply   
old skateboard Deck - free
old skate shoes - free
8 screws and flush locking nuts - $3