Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:31 PM Reply   
ive been really stoked to see this video since it came out. we bought it yesterday down at our local shop

we just watched it. i was pretty disappointed in global warning, the riding was great. the filming was great, and it was an all around cool movie. but it was only 30 minutes. i thought it was really really short for the big hype thats going on about it. . i was pretty bummed.

all the people that are saying how great it is. what about it makes you think this?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2009, 5:32 PM Reply   

quote:

all the people that are saying how great it is. what about it makes you think this?

quote:

the riding was great. the filming was great, and it was an all around cool movie.

those reasons + sick soundtrack!
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:35 PM Reply   
true joe. but IT WAS So SHORT! haha it took forever for it to come out. and it was only half on hour? come on...
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-16-2009, 5:36 PM Reply   
Is there any bonus footage or anything else added onto the DVD?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2009, 5:38 PM Reply   
see how long other wake, skate, snow flicks are...roughly 30mins or so.

and yes, global warning has a ton of bonus footage.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:39 PM Reply   
i think so sinko. but im not 100% sure. i think i remeber seeing the word bonus. but im not sure.

and before people start yelling at me for this post. haha. im not trying to starrt anything. im just voicing my opinion on this video. and that seems to get me in trouble quite a bit on this site. lmao
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:41 PM Reply   
all the other wake films ive seen have been longer. global warning is the shortest one ive seen. and there is your answer sinko.

The shop i bought global warning from (liquid playground) is giving away chick flick with a purchase of global warning. and chick flick was like 50 minutes long
Old     (anthemwake)      Join Date: Oct 2005       07-16-2009, 5:42 PM Reply   
30 minutes seems like the perfect length. If a video is much longer than that, it just gets old and I kind of tune out, even if it's well made. Maybe I just have a short attention span, but I kind of stand by the whole "Leave 'em wanting more" philosophy.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:45 PM Reply   
i think 45 to 50 min is a good length. any more and i start to tune out like you said. but when it ended at thirty. i sat there and was like..... ummmm really? im logging onto to WW ..

haha
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2009, 5:50 PM Reply   
so what you saw was sick, but yet you felt the need to rip on it? nice move slick.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:52 PM Reply   
thats not what i said. your taking what im saying the wrong way.

i would like to have seen the same riding but for longer. if the video had been another 15 minutes longer. it would have been put at my favorite wake film.

its been like 2 or 3 years in the making right?

and you get a half hour of video out of that long of filming?

and like 5 minutes of that was the singing at the beginning
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2009, 5:55 PM Reply   
it's been 1yr in the making....standard for all action sports vids.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 5:56 PM Reply   
i thought it was in the making longer then that.

but like you just said.

"standard for all action sports vids."

if thats standard. why was it so much shorter?
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-16-2009, 5:59 PM Reply   
much shorter? standard for action sports movies is around 30 minutes.

not every dvd can be 1hr like the chick flick. that was a way different circumstance.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 6:03 PM Reply   
well if most action sports movies are 30 minutes. thats the first ive seen thats that short. all the others ive seen have been longer
Old     (jsweat)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-16-2009, 6:48 PM Reply   
why dont you go out and watch pre pop that movie is all of maybe 25 minutes but the riding is sick.
Old    shooter_08            07-16-2009, 7:12 PM Reply   
I haven’t seen Global Warning yet, but generally wake movies have been behind the curve compared to other action sport vids. I think it’s because wake pros rely heavily on comps. There are many amazing skaters and snowboarding that never compete. They ride their a$$ off all year for one 5 minute video part. Sounds like they cut the filler, you would be surprised how much work it takes for a few good shots.

(Message edited by SHOOTER_08 on July 16, 2009)
Old     (redv215)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-16-2009, 7:23 PM Reply   
Just saw it @ Spanky last weekend on a big screen. I didn't think it was too short. It was sick! Can't wait for my blu-ray to arrive.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-16-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
I saw it Wednesday night when it premiered in Auckland, it did seem short to me but most wake flicks do, they just sort of end out of nowhere.

Waiting for it to turn up in the mail so I can hear it properly, watching it in a bar with a busy dinner service downstairs made it difficult to hear everything, still enjoyed it though.

The intro is classic, riding is awesome and the sound track is cool. Scenery is amazing too.
Old     (nsolis220)      Join Date: May 2007       07-16-2009, 9:22 PM Reply   
i havent seen it yet but want to. I agree sometimes wake movies your just kinda waiting for the end. Transgression for me was the first one i didnt really feel that way about........ Until i saw rewritten..... i didnt want it to end it was about 50-60 mins. dopest and most innovative that i have seen.

6 guys all hitting dubs at he same time come on.
Old     (adambarry)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-16-2009, 9:37 PM Reply   
yeah I ordered blu-ray anyone know the time on shipping?
Old     (akdivision)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-16-2009, 10:50 PM Reply   
Out of the Pond was short too. It ended and i was like wtf!!! that it? I wanted more. All the hype on that movie and it was that short? To me it seemed to be missing parts almost.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       07-17-2009, 6:37 AM Reply   
Adam - I don't think it will ship until early August.