Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old    stoked27            08-01-2006, 6:37 PM Reply   
I'm going back to school soon and won't be able to board behind a boat anymore. OrlandoWC will be nearby, so I was thinking about going there often. Will hitting the rails tear my board up? I have an '04 Premier, so it unfortunately doesn't have those rail guards that the new models have.
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-01-2006, 7:06 PM Reply   
I think O-Dub's rails are made of some sort of soft material. But still, I have hit a PVC A-frame about 10 times and have a few white skuff marks, but not any gouges. Have fun at O-Dub!
Old     (waterboy3)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-01-2006, 7:22 PM Reply   
-Evan I also have a an '04 premier. that year hyperlite marketed it for rails with the JIB base. I spoke with a hyperlite rep earlier this season and he said if you damage it they will either repair or replace it. I think you might hafta pay shipping one way. if i was you i'd be putting that board to the test down at OWC.
Old     (wkbrd)      Join Date: Mar 2006       08-01-2006, 9:15 PM Reply   
Evan- hitting rails on your board is VERY VERY good for it. Your board will be sooo much stronger and the fiberglass on the bottom will never show through. Sorry dude just had to. Yes hitting rails over time will destroy your board. Luckily a new one is only a couple hundred bucks.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       08-01-2006, 9:20 PM Reply   
i broke a motive last year in 6 months from hitting rails at owc..
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-02-2006, 1:33 AM Reply   
Yeah man you hit rails your board is going to break much quicker than normal. Its a simple fact. But luckily for you the sliders at OWC are as board friendly as sliders get. Go have some fun.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-02-2006, 8:52 AM Reply   
I know I've said this a million times, but my shane only lasted me for 3 months on sliders. Luckily for you Evan, you're riding a premeier. Those boards have been known to be extremely durable on sliders. Your molded fins will get cut up over time, but a little epoxy will take care of that. Now get your ass out there, load the line, and go BIG!
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-02-2006, 10:52 AM Reply   
None of the board manufacturers (that I am aware of) warranty will cover rail use.

We had a cheap wakeboard that we won in a wakeboard contest that we used for slider use. It didn't last very long. The toe edge started delaminating where it would hit the slider on a 50/50 grind. At one point a seam in the PVC pipe managed to grab the boards bottom and rip out a strip the length of the board and 3/4" wide.

We bought a nice aluminum fin that was only about 3/4" deep that worked well. Otherwise, the standard fins bite the dust real quick.

If you really like your board, don't use it on a rail.