Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 21, 2006

Old     (schackdaddy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-10-2006, 5:21 PM Reply   
Looking at a 06 Moomba XLV GG. Anyone have any thoughts on the boat. I'm not an experienced boarder and have not tested the boat either, but I am definently going to. I think I'm getting a decent price but want some thoughts from people with more experience than my own. I can't rely on the salesman cause of course thats what he boats with as well, but I guess if I was looking at the Supra 21V right next to it he would be boating it instead. Thanks all.

(Message edited by schackdaddy on July 10, 2006)
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       07-10-2006, 5:58 PM Reply   
big boat , reeeeal big, make sure you get the altitude prop or a 14.5 x 14.25 prop or the boat will be a pig, everyone will love the room inside the boat. 325 hp engine is great. i keep mine at the lake so i wish i got the pop up cleats and i am looking to replace the binimi top with a longer one of 6 ft. in red , just trying to be different. love how my monstor tower racks worked out after mods. the tower is like a rock it does not move at all. bought a fae exhaust for it and its the best , real quiet and no fumes when i surf. i did not get the rear bags and installed some 750 bags in the rear , with the same orbit valves that came in the boat with tsunami pumps with quick connects. my boat burns about 5 gal. per hour when boarding.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-10-2006, 10:25 PM Reply   
I love mine. I run a 13.5 X 17.5 prop with 1800lbs of ballast and a 340HP motor and it gets up on plane super fast, almost feels like I barely have any ballaast. Wake is sick and the Wakesurf wake is super huge if you weight right. Great boat with tons of storage and options for a great price.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-10-2006, 10:26 PM Reply   
Mark,
Could you give me some info on the Exhaust you put on yours. Does it interfere with the Wakeplate at all? how much was it and can you install it yourself?

Thanks
Erik
Old    jfair            07-10-2006, 10:29 PM Reply   
I got to agree its a good boat for a great price. Check out wakeboardingmag.com and you can see a video of the boat. i was looking at purchasing one my self but decided to fork out the extra cash for a malibu mainly because of the resale factor. Theres a XLV for sale in AZ and the guy said he's let it go for 40k i think its on boattraderonline.com
Old     (schackdaddy)      Join Date: Dec 2005       07-11-2006, 4:08 AM Reply   
Thanks alot all. The boat has the 340 hp motor and appears to be loaded with everything, well everything that Moomba offers. My dealer has quoted me 45,995.
Old     (entrustclothing)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-11-2006, 6:39 AM Reply   
sounds like a good deal man. i have an xlv and love it! love the room and the wake, it is a pig on the water with a ton of weight but i didn't buy it to be a good handling boat.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       07-11-2006, 6:53 AM Reply   
it is a nice boat.... good wake and good value...get it out on the water and buy what suits your needs the best. good luck!
Old     (saltyoysters)      Join Date: May 2006       07-12-2006, 6:30 AM Reply   
EdoubleU

google fresh air exhaust , i think it was under 300 , its the best. i had the 13.5 x 17.5 prop and with the front bag full and the 750,s full in the rear with 8 people the boat took awhile to plane , was not happy with that, now with the 14 prop its great , top speed is 35
Old     (angrygolucky)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-13-2006, 5:55 PM Reply   
Its cool to hear thoughts on Moomba.. Most folks seem to bash them a lil, which brings me to ask,
whats wrong with them??
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-13-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
Nothing at all. Moomba makes a good product and sells it at a reasonable price. Nothing wrong with them at all.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-13-2006, 6:30 PM Reply   
There's nothing wrong with them... but compared to the big 3 they have less bling, and a very competitive wake, and a much lower price tag haha, so take advantage of it
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       07-15-2006, 5:07 PM Reply   
I love my XLV!!! I'm a big proponent of Moomba and SkiersChoice boats. I agree with Tyler, less bling. However, they don't just have a competitive wake, but a comparable wake that has been viewed by some as better!
Old     (redsupralaunch)      Join Date: Aug 2002       07-16-2006, 5:58 AM Reply   
No doubt one of the biggest wakes with factory ballast ever made!