Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (polkaking27)      Join Date: Feb 2005       04-24-2006, 8:57 AM Reply   
If your boat dealership offered a pick up/delivery service, and charged on hour labor(depending on distance) to transport your boat both ways, would anyone be interested.

It would eliminate the hassle of taking time out of your busy day to take the boat into the shop. Also, it wouldn't sit at the shop for long periods of time. They would pick it up when they were ready for it, and deliver it when they were done
Old     (taylormade)      Join Date: Jun 2001       04-24-2006, 9:44 AM Reply   
I guess it depends heavily on what the hour labor rate is... if it's the standard $65/hr, it wouldn't be worth it to me. My dealer's 45 minutes away so I'd rather just take my boat in rather than having to pay from when the dealer left their front door and got back to it. It'd be $200 extra on top of whatever expense the boat was being taken in for in the first place.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-24-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
You might be trading the time to deliver the boat for waiting for the pick up guy.

I would think that the shop would have to charge more than just basic labor. They are putting wear and tear on their tow vehicle and I would think that their insurance company would squawk a bit.
Old     (pittsy)      Join Date: Apr 2004       04-24-2006, 2:13 PM Reply   
no..my dealer is 30mins away..i would still drive the boat to the dealer no matter the distance...
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       04-24-2006, 2:18 PM Reply   
I'd probably pay for it, but not at the hourly shop rate. The rate should be on mileage not time. .50-.75 cents a mile???
Old     (boarder_x)      Join Date: Mar 2006       04-24-2006, 2:19 PM Reply   
My dealer is 8 miles away.
Old     (mimafour)      Join Date: Dec 2004       04-24-2006, 5:50 PM Reply   
i live @ 2 miles from the dealer. they pick up and deliver. no charge. i am very glad i bought my malibu from this dealer. very service oriented. they were the one i could not find any one to say anything bad about when i was shopping for a boat.

(Message edited by mimafour on April 24, 2006)