Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                07-28-2004, 10:11 PM Reply   
i need to know the proper way to drive a double up.....iv been jus drivin in a circle but i know that that isnt the proper way to do it....any sujestions would help thanx
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-28-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
Cant u tell im an artist? haha

Old                07-29-2004, 12:45 PM Reply   
im sorry dude but it looks like a circle
Old                07-29-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
it is a circle... it's all in how you cross the boat wake when coming around. also the size of the circle. if you drive a circle that's the size of one of the great lakes, dont expect the wake to be there anymore. if you drive in a circle too small, the rider wont have time to adjust and time the double up. i like the art by the way
Old     (nickpman)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-29-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
Thats the picture they show in the book WAKE PHYSICS... i was going to photo copy the page, but instead I didnt get anyone mad cuz it has a copywrite on the book.

They say you should hit it at 90 degrees, no less or no more.... my friends and i drive them all the time and i have no problem hittin them.
Old                07-29-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
thats not completely true. there is more than one angle to drive a double up at. you don't have to bring it back to the full 90 you can make the inside angle(the angle that is labeled on the drawing above) a smaller angle like a 75 or 70. this will change the shape of the wake and make it longer and easier to hit (it won't throw you as high but makes it easier to throw tricks off of) the 90 makes the wakes steeper and give you more pop but also take into consideration that these are harder to control because of the pop, hitting the double up at 90 as opposed to 75 changes the pop similar to whether you hit the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd wave the 3rd is the biggest, yet hardest to control. the second wave is most commonly hit. just try it out experiment with other angles or different waves, i like the 90 for its pop but the lesser angles for trying new tricks or when someone is learning to hit them. just don't go past the 90 or it gets pretty impossible to hit and messes it all up. also make sure you give it alittle throttle to make up for the speed loss around the turn and then pull it back alittle when you straighten out so the rider has a consistant pull and speed.

(Message edited by edward on July 29, 2004)