Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Ok girls... I need your help! Since there aren't any clinics in my country I am planning of organizing one. The problem is, I´ve never been to one! So I really don't know how one works... or what exactly is done!
What I want to know exactly is how you get to participate in one, do you have to sign up, is there a limit of participants? Do you get like an appointment where they tell you what time to go, or do you go and wait for your turn?

The people hosting the clinic, what do they do? I suppose they teach you how to ride, or how to do certain tricks. Do they ride for show also?

Any other info I may have missed, tell me...

I have to work on getting sponsors for this too...
Thanks in advance for your help!
Old     (knelems)      Join Date: May 2002       05-15-2006, 5:34 PM Reply   
Hi Cris,
I can tell you how I organize my clinics. I have Cathy Williams for several days each summer since she does such a great job.Some Pros just don't have the personality or the desire to teach or chat with people.I limit my riders to six in a boat for the day, you can do a boat load if you are doing a demo day or wakesurfing.I furnish the boat,gas,lunch,refreshments,equipment,driver and the Pro.We usually start at 10:00 AM,board till lunch,start again after lunch break and board till 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon.I can send you a sheet I have made up if you like.I have also learned from past times to presale my spots to get people to show up.I think there are acouple of photos from one of my clinics on Cathy's photo on the Maven site.That was my red/black 24V last summer she is standing on the back of the platform instructing a newbie.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-15-2006, 9:51 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Karen! Yes please send me the sheet you have made up! My email is cristinaamador@gmail.com
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-16-2006, 3:42 PM Reply   
Thanks Karen! I got your email... your info has been super helpful! Except the pros part... since there are no pros here in my country... Well, some members of my riding crew (including me) are the ones considered pros, although we´re nothing like the real pros! Since the "pros" here in my country (I live in Ecuador) are my friends I expect having to pay them much less! =)

Anyway, thanks a lot for your valuable info. Ill let you know how it turns out.

And if any of you clinic attendees have an idea about something you would like to have in a clinic please tell me!