Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       04-04-2006, 1:15 PM Reply   
...behind the boat. For example one time me and one of my friends wakesurfed in the same board... Check out the pic

Upload

And some other times we go double boarding and make some really funny synchronized boarding!

Upload

What do you do??

Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       04-08-2006, 10:44 AM Reply   
That looks like fun. I imagine you were laughing so hard your stomach probably hurt when you were both riding the same board.
I dont have pics but I rode a wakeboard with another fella at the same time and never laughed so hard.
We occasionally play a game where 2 riders on seperate boards ride at the same time. One jumps the wake and does a grab then the other has to copy that grab. We call it Horse.
Old                04-13-2006, 1:47 PM Reply   
That's awesome!! Have you ever done 3 behind the same boat...now that's insane!! My cousins and i do that in Cumberland over the summer every year!!
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-28-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Crazy thing I did yesterday - Went wakeboarding for the first time this season, Water temp like 58 degrees. No wet or dry suit, but had a great time! Oh yeah, did I mention that I am about ready to pop! 8 1/2 months pregnant, who said girls aren't tough!! Couldn't jump or do anything crazy, but just the ride behind the boat was enough for me. Started from the dock, but super cold ending! Keep em comming ladies!
Old     (bfa)      Join Date: Dec 2005       05-01-2006, 8:37 PM Reply   
Hi Alison, not to damper your ride, but when I was prego I asked my doctor if I could ride and he said do not get pulled by anything. If the water goes up inside you it could cause damage. Just thought I'd pass that on. You'll be good to go in the summer when it's nice and warm
Old     (wakinali)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2006, 8:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info Tanya, I really do appreciate it everybody does have an opinion when your pregnant, but I am not too worried. I believe that I needed a little piece of myself back to continue to be a healthy mother. I am not a rookie out there, and I did make sure that I was not dangering my child. And, I am not a true believer in everything docs have to say. With all the law suits all over, they have to say everything you should or should not due. I am sure that my wakeboard experience has put a little sparkle in my little bundle of joy.
Old     (ozwest)      Join Date: May 2006       05-16-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Night boarding...with our O'neill Reps wife who was in her third trimester at the time. She was having one of those cravings...which was to go wakeboarding and it happended to be at about 10:30 PM at the time she wanted to go. She took it easy and I thought that she was crazy for going while pregnant but her pregnancy went just fine and the kid's a ripper now too.
Old     (litlone873)      Join Date: Jan 2005       05-16-2006, 2:23 PM Reply   
Not that it's all that crazy, but this last President's day, we camped on a stormy weekend. We tried to ride in between the rain storms. We were running away from the thunder clouds and rain but somehow, it caught us. I had just started my run and it was sprinkling... after my first fall, it started raining pretty good. I decided I was already wet so I took another run and went as long as I could. After I got back in the boat, the guys told me that I had earned my "man balls" that day.