Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    sbvfive            05-04-2004, 8:32 AM Reply   
So the deal is I bought a pair of LF Transits and they are pissing me off. The baseplate is a little warped, so when I tighten them down, they dont put enough pressure on the circular disk with the teeth on it to actually lock the boot down tight. So I am up in the air and my back foot rotates from ducked out to pigeon toed while I am in the air. I know if I send them back to LF they will take care of it, but does any one know a better solution, or have a similar problem?? I really don't want to go a month without bindings.

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-04-2004, 8:36 AM Reply   
You live in Orlando right? Take them into Performance, explain, they should be able to help you out.
Old     (snead)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-04-2004, 8:58 AM Reply   
You have to put the washers/spacers under the based plate. The rocker makes it so they don't mount flush. Easy fix. The washers came with the bindings....in the box
Old    sbvfive            05-04-2004, 9:49 AM Reply   
Kristian, I am away from Orlando for the summer. I go to school in Orlando, but I am in CT for the summer. I emailed Bill, I am sure that he will take care of me, he always hooks me up. I am just trying to avoid being without bindings for a month.

Sam, I already tried that. I put the spacers on and it still doesn't help!
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-04-2004, 10:14 AM Reply   
Scott- I was able to fix the problem by adding about 5 layers of duct tape to the round base plate and then cutting around it to the shape of the plate. You can also add thin sticky foam pads to that center plate. Either way, its a quick easy fix. Just put a little more material padding under the center plate. My bindings have not torqued since. I tend to torque bindings (I stripped out several sets of hyperlite claws a couple years ago) so the fact that they are holding now is pretty good.
Old     (canaday)      Join Date: Dec 2002 Location: Hawthorne       05-04-2004, 10:16 AM Reply   
Happened to me too, but it was also at the last stretch for my knee. Don't know how to fix it yet.
Old    tutman            05-04-2004, 1:33 PM Reply   
Besides this problem, how comfy are they?
Old     (pjdave)      Join Date: Oct 2002       05-04-2004, 2:24 PM Reply   
yeah happens on mine all the time, i just added a layer of foam under the base plate. One guy snapped his acchilles tendon when the boots rotated while he was in the air.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-04-2004, 3:36 PM Reply   
Scott, LF is trying to get a hold of you to replace your bindings, but your email is not working. Can you email your phone number and address to me at gobig@wakeworld.com? Thanks.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-04-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Adam- Super comfy.
Old     (ddoubleu)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-04-2004, 5:31 PM Reply   
i just rode my pair for the first time and the same thing happened. it only happened once tho. does it happen more often for everyone else?
Old    sbvfive            05-04-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
Dave, I sent you an email....don't know why mine was not working. Maybe if they try again it will be taken care of. Thanks
Old    alanp            05-04-2004, 6:02 PM Reply   
well i havent experienced the problems you guys have but reading the stories kinda scares me. i can see lots of knee injuries if this is the case.