Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 12, 2008

Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       12-04-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
Ok! I know this has been talked about a lot dealing with which is best the NVS or Wetsounds! I have 4 factory MC speakers on the tower right now 04 X2 with 6.5 inch kickers! I was thinking about getting two more for the tower! Would it sound better to have 6 factory MC speaker cans with 6.5 kickers or go with the 2 wetsound 485's or 2 NVS Entity's? Let me know what you all think!!! Which would sound better?
Old     (2007_x2)      Join Date: May 2007       12-04-2007, 1:58 PM Reply   
the best thing to do would hear them for yourself i think the wetsounds or nvs would be better than the mastercraft. also check out HSE i love mine! www.hsetrident.com

or call team neptunes they carry all of them ask what they think would be best:
www.teamneptunes.com
Old     (macrogpx2)      Join Date: Dec 2005       12-04-2007, 3:08 PM Reply   
I have 2 NVS 1010's on my 04 x-2 and LOVE them. No knock on wetsounds but as far a overall sound quality NVS, and Duane is great to work with.
Old     (stevev210)      Join Date: Feb 2005       12-04-2007, 3:34 PM Reply   
Ive got 1 pair of Pro80s on my tower. (Check Profile Pic). Ive tried Fusions, 6 lightning accessories cans and a Fiberglass box with 4 6x9s, this one pair of 80s blows them all out the water. The nicest thing about them is that you dont have to tow with them on the tower.
Old     (dlwsrider)      Join Date: Apr 2007       12-04-2007, 3:35 PM Reply   
I have 6 different friends with Wet sounds on their boat, and more putting some on theirs.

I ride an 80 Ft rope, and cranked up wet sounds can ring my ears
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       12-04-2007, 10:06 PM Reply   
Brandon,

I run the Pro-485s on my tower because I think they sound best of all the pro audio gear available and I think they look great on my Nautique.

Some guys prefer the NVS on MC's because the machined aluminum matches some of the MC trim. The Entity's also sound very good, there is a huge following on this board.

The HSE box is my favorite fiberglass tower box solution if you prefer that look.

Any of these solutions will sound better than your current speakers when pushed hard enough to hear at the rider.
Old     (bwillx2)      Join Date: May 2007       12-05-2007, 6:58 AM Reply   
Thanks for the postings! So it sounds like either would be better then what I have now! Wetsounds, HSE, or NVS?
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       12-05-2007, 5:42 PM Reply   
I think it boils down to your needs. I think that the NVS sound best when the boat is under way and you have a rider shredding it up. Sound quality just sounds better with the NVS. Rocking on the beach, maybe the car audio stuff sounds best. The Wetsounds sound terrific at both low and high volumes, and are a nice way to get both to the rider and just to a sitting crowd.

I have the NVS Tyrants and am incredibly pleased with them.