Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-25-2011, 1:41 PM Reply   
After going to Lake Powell last summer I made it a goal to buy into a houseboat timeshare down there. I realized that goal today. It isn't the nicest houseboat on the planet but hey it is going to work for me and my crew. It was built in 1987 but has been completely redone in the past 4 years. New engines, out drives, toy tanks, holding tanks, carpet, cabinets, AC units, generator, microwave, stove, 2 new refrigerators etc...... The crazy thing is we (went into it with a good friend) ended up spending about $1000 less than renting a houseboat for a week to buy into one. Starting next summer it will only run us the yearly maintenance dues to get a week on Powell every year! The big selling point with this boat was the fact that I could purchase any extra weeks that people weren't using for $450! Here are a few pictures of the boat. It is out of Wahweap so a little farther drive from Denver than Bullfrog/Halls Crossing but in the end I think it will be worth it. Oh yeah it is a 54 footer so I feel like it is perfect for learning the ropes of houseboating since neither of us has a lot of experience. In a few years I am sure we will step up to a 75 footer.

Last edited by bruizza; 03-25-2011 at 1:46 PM. Reason: making the pictures smaller
Old     (SangerTom)      Join Date: Aug 2010       03-25-2011, 1:56 PM Reply   
Awesome - congrats - let summer roll-in quick
Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-25-2011, 2:10 PM Reply   
Sweet - I was looking into a share earlier this month. I don't think I will purchase this year but would love to get feedback from you later on this year.
Old     (wakebrdr94)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-25-2011, 2:27 PM Reply   
So you were looking for fellow WW bros to meet up with! =)
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-25-2011, 3:04 PM Reply   
Bong and Slide!!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       03-25-2011, 3:16 PM Reply   
Right on bro... I know the stoke. We just bought an old rental from Bullfrog and keep it at Antelope Point Marina... We're neighbors! See if you can get the week of Sept 22nd - 25th for Powellapalooza at Antelope. Huge event and it goes off! If you do make sure the call now and get a spot reserved, they already filled the cruiser slips and its not even summer. Contrats, here's a shot of your new boat!
Name:  IMG_5715 - Copy.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  153.4 KB
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       03-25-2011, 3:38 PM Reply   
Damn man we will actually be down there the week before that. Sept 11-18. I had no idea Powelpalooza was the following week. Our normal week will be Aug 14-21 with the chance to buy any week after labor day for $450. I thought we were getting into a different houseboat for that week in Sept and my GF had to put in her time off request by March 1st so we had to find one that would work. Luckily this group is super flexible so they just let us swap the week in Aug for the one in Sept. I will make sure I get it for powelpalooza for 2012 though!