Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-12-2003, 6:57 PM Reply   
My wife just got outbid at the last second on ebay. I have tried forever to find a board she likes, but this is the first time she was willing to try to buy. There are a few stipulations she likes to stand by; it has to be cute, and it has to be cheap. She was going for a 128 Obrien Siren. It had flowers and junk on it, if anyone has an older or cheaper Hyperlite Essence 131, Or any other "CUTE" girlie board (size 128-132), that is willing to make my wife happy, please let me know!!!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-12-2003, 7:35 PM Reply   
I have a 99 blindside 5-0. There's a picture of it here on wakeworld.
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-12-2003, 7:48 PM Reply   
My wife wants to sell her board. It's in like new condition with medium to small boots. blindside 125. $150

Old     (phaeton)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-12-2003, 8:50 PM Reply   
I have a 128 Diva on Ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3626642505&category=47 363&rd=1

Old     (gpalovcak)      Join Date: May 2003       09-13-2003, 5:17 AM Reply   
Here is a good cheap board I have on e-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3626517511&category=23 808&rd=1
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-13-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
darin how much do you want for your board? and is it the 132 or 125?
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-15-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
Matthew - I was in the same boat. Tried getting her this "cute" earthboard on ebay that was yellow with purple flowers all over it and my server at work crashed in the last couple minutes of bidding so I didnt get it. Wakeworld gave it something like zero stars in its rating and basically said it was a piece of crap and might float without bindings but she didnt care - it was "cute".

Women - performance means nothing. It has to look "cute" with flowers and stuff.

Men - give me some skulls and blood and it has to have a huge pop!

I ended up accidently getting her a Parks 133 DNA (for $200.50) on ebay - was just goofing around and put that in for a bid and nobody outbid me to my surprise. Although the board has a girl on it (with flames coming out if her hand - oops) she does not consider it a girls board. However, she has had a good attitude about her board that is not cute.
Old    hyperryd            09-15-2003, 3:37 PM Reply   
My wife got a purple HL Essence 131 with purple Essence mini bindings. She said that she wanted a purple or pink board and this time she was going to get it. When I bought her a new quad last December she wanted a pink one(ughhh!!). She got a black and red one that matched mine. They only came in blue or black and red, so I got lucky.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-18-2003, 9:28 AM Reply   
Darin,
Where are you? my wife is very interested in the board. my email is outdated but you can email my wife at soccerbarbie03@hotmail.com
Old    murrayair            09-18-2003, 1:20 PM Reply   
Matthew- the same thing happened to me. I put in a bid of $200 for a pair of brand new Belmonts last year and in the last 15 seconds of bidding some @$$h-le bid $250. And I needed those bindings like a day after the auction.
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-18-2003, 2:34 PM Reply   
Hey, not all women want purple and flowers and stuff! Some of us want performance! But then again, my husband says I have more 'guy' in me, so maybe I don't fit the average mold.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-18-2003, 2:40 PM Reply   
Lets test that theory Lucky Charms:

Do you wait until your husband is nearly asleep and say, "lets talk".
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-18-2003, 2:44 PM Reply   
Actually, he does pretty good talking on his own in his sleep!
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-18-2003, 2:56 PM Reply   
dont get me wrong.......I love EBAY, but I want people to be aware that people selling stuff on ebay often vote on it using another username just to jack up the price.

If they end up winning the bid.....no biggie! they just mail it to themselves(sarcasm).

the next day, they repost the product and do the said process over again until the product gets the sellers asking(or wishing) price.

BUYERS BEWARE!!!

The BEST thing to do is use the "buy it now" feature or call the person selling it if it is being sold by a dealer. they will usually give you a good price.

Just trying to lookout for the wakeboarding community.
Old    wakeboard_iraq            09-18-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
There are lots of good deals to be found though.
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-19-2003, 5:44 AM Reply   
true.......true
Old     (supraman)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-19-2003, 6:10 AM Reply   
A lot of you sound bitter about losing an auction in the last seconds. Wisen up! That's the way to do it. Why would you let the world know how much you want to pay three days before the auction ends? Let people think they've got no competition, then with 15 or 10 seconds left, sweep in and take the auction so no one will have a chance to counterbid. I've been looking for a board to teach groms and girls on for a while and picked up a 2002 130cm board still in the plastic for $102.50 last night on EBAY. You've got to know how to play the game.

PS - If you need bindings in two days, EBAY is probably NOT a great way to go about getting them