Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bnixon)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-15-2013, 8:15 PM Reply   
I have a 2001 X10 and am getting ready to replace all of my ballast system as the KGB sac and one of the hard tanks are leaking. It just does not work well for surfing so I will be upgrading to a 1100lb sac in each rear locker and a 650 lb integrated bow sac.

I am wondering if I really need to replace my KGB sac or if the bow sac will do the trick by itself? That would save me from having to add an additional pump and plumbing since I can just use the KGB pump.

What are your thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old     (brainrinse)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-16-2013, 8:11 AM Reply   
I would want the kgb fixed if it were my boat. Do you have reversible ballast pumps? A lot of people tie the bow sac into the center ballast so that may be an option.
Old     (Bnixon)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-16-2013, 8:15 AM Reply   
No reversible pump I have aerator style.

Would I not want the ability to fill the bow sac independent of the KGB? I am just not sure how much weight I will need up front to get a good surf wake on this hull, same as Maristar 210 VRS.

Old     (jrw160)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-16-2013, 9:54 AM Reply   
I have a 3 way ball valve on mine that split flow from a single pump to the kgb or the ibs.

http://www.faucet.com/webstone-valve...e-ips/p1112261

I would also want the kgb working. It may not be necessary for you surfing, I really don't know. A lot of the older kgb bags are custom sizes that are no longer made. I was quote $450 to have one made for my boat. I think a lot of people just run the fly high tube sac. My kgb was leaking from around one of the fittings, and I was able to repair it using PL construction adhesive.

Last edited by jrw160; 09-16-2013 at 9:57 AM.
Old     (Bnixon)      Join Date: Aug 2011       09-17-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw160 View Post
I have a 3 way ball valve on mine that split flow from a single pump to the kgb or the ibs.

http://www.faucet.com/webstone-valve...e-ips/p1112261

I would also want the kgb working. It may not be necessary for you surfing, I really don't know. A lot of the older kgb bags are custom sizes that are no longer made. I was quote $450 to have one made for my boat. I think a lot of people just run the fly high tube sac. My kgb was leaking from around one of the fittings, and I was able to repair it using PL construction adhesive.
Thanks jrw160! That valve might do the trick! As far as the KGB size goes the fly high will fit fine. There is plenty of rook in the ski locker on the x10.