Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through June 08, 2008

Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-13-2008, 12:34 PM Reply   
looking at both boats. the 2002 is in great shape, but 10 grand cheaper.

does anyone know about the wake in the 2002 boat. is it comprable to the 2005? same hull? anything....

is it worth the 10 g's to get the newer model?

thanks
Old     (watsoc)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-13-2008, 12:52 PM Reply   
Same hull for sure but there are some differences on the gunnel width and support structure of the hull. In 2003 they went to smaller gunnels and more support in the middle of the boat so it changed the internal configuration of the boat to give it a little more room but it also made the 210 handle a little worse in choppy water. If you are worried about differences in the wake then there really isn't any because the hull is same. I would llook at which motor is in there as well because the 2002 should have the GT-40 which is a great engine and I think the 2005 will have a different engine (not sure which one). Also in 2003 CC seemed to step up the bling factory especially on the Team addition so it likely has some better features as well. You are probably looking at some differences in the PP version too and maybe the hydrogate if that was available in 2005.

I good place to gather info on the differences in 210 SANs is to look at planet nautique and you can search till your heart is made up.

http://www.planetnautique.com/
Old     (jcollinge)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-13-2008, 1:33 PM Reply   
Same hull and wake shape/size depending on how much weight. I would evaluate the decision on price, hours, maintenance, and of course the shape of the engine and interior...
Old     (unclejessie)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-13-2008, 1:40 PM Reply   
There no difference in space on the interior of teh boat for late model 2002s. In early 02, they had teh back seat that lifted up. There were not many of those made. The interior is exactly the same, minus electronic latches for the left and right rear trunks and velcro vs. a hinge on the side seat.
UJ
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-13-2008, 2:33 PM Reply   
Uncle Jesse is correct. From 01 to 02 is when they changed the gunnels. Ther boats are essentially the same. There a are a few minor differences.

The 05 has automatic valves for the ballast while the 02 has manual valves.

The 02 has buttons that you have to push everytime you want to open the back side hatches, while the 05 has a swivel handle that you just turn and pull up.

In 02 you could get a colored deck while in 05 it will be white (silver cloud).

In 05 the stereo is in the glove box while in 02 the stereo is next to the throttle.

I think a fiberglass deck was unavailable in 02 while in 05 it is on almost every one.

Other than those few items and maybe one or two other minor details they are the same boat.
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       05-13-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
In 2002 the gunnels were narrowed, the floor sunk a few inches and the sloped transom was discontinued, so both those models should have extremely similar interiors. The hydrogate wasn't ever an option on previous generation 210's. The 05 may have the Excalibur while the 02 will probably have a GT40 or might have the GM Apex. No issues either way. If you're looking to justify $10K difference, you'll have to look at overall condition, engine hours, and overall perception at how both boats were kept. I'd look at the trailers, too.

Good luck!
Old     (crowmobe540)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-13-2008, 2:55 PM Reply   
The 02 could have the excaliber as well....mine did
Old     (superairdawg)      Join Date: May 2003       05-13-2008, 3:13 PM Reply   
Yep, it appears the Excalibur (GM) took the place of the Apex in '02. Good call.

You can check out the brochures for '02 and '05 at http://www.correctcraftfan.com -- FYI...