Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 19, 2006

Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-01-2006, 8:00 PM Reply   
It looks like my brother and I have sold the Moomba Outback and the only reason we sold it was a cost savings measure due to our purchases of new homes. Here is the thing....we are looking at a 92 Ski Supreme but know nothing about the wake, stringers etc....

Has anyone ridden behind this model year? Do they respond well to weight? Do they need a lot of weight? Anyone have any pictures of the wake at all?

So far we have narrowed it down to Ski Supreme's 88-92 and SN 2001's 86-89. I know what you are all going to say....go with the 2001 but they are more expensive and to find one with good stringers and floors with a tower and ready to go under 10,000 is very hard. So to sum things up, please tell us all you know about the Ski Supreme's, because we have already done our homework on the 2001's.

Thanks guys!
Dan
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 5:41 AM Reply   
Also while you are looking at this.....any opinions on the older Bu's, say early 90's Sunsetters or other models....any input is welcome!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-02-2006, 7:46 AM Reply   
The problem is the same with all older direct drives...lack of room. For this reason a tower has to be a must to load up boards and free up floor space. That being said, I know where there is a really nice 88 Supreme, with low hours in mint condition!! It's in the Cincinnati area though.
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
Eric, that is not too far for us to drive or meet with the current owner? Can you give me the details and/or some pics? How do you know about that one? And what kind of wake does it throw? Also, were the stringers glass or wood back then?
Old     (greenthumb)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-02-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Anyone?
Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2006, 6:06 PM Reply   
i just bought a 1990 supra sunsport
yeah it has wooden stringers but they are fine. if you find one in as good of condition as mine, you will be super happy. it throws an awesome wake too...and we haven't even weighed it down yet.
Old     (greenpinky)      Join Date: Apr 2004       05-02-2006, 6:39 PM Reply   
Ian - thanks for the information regarding your boat, but we're actually looking at a Ski Supreme - not a Supra.

Thanks again.
Old     (spudski67)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2006, 7:29 PM Reply   
oops i was just recommending something in the price range. good luck!
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-03-2006, 6:52 AM Reply   
My friend traded it to a Mastercraft dealer. It is in excellent condition and should have the flyhigh pole and rack still. It is a narrow boat, so it sinks easy and throws a decent wake. It would make an excellent starter boat, as it is light, easy to tow, and inexpensive. It is red in color and the carpet and interior are in exceptional condition. Mike was anal about caring for it. Check out Hern Marine on the net.

Eric