Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2005

Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-18-2005, 9:20 PM Reply   
Hey there, I am wanting to leave my boat out at our cabin this summer and I wanted to keep it off of the dock when we are not there. I was originally going to go with the floating tire/anchor buddy setup that so many people seem to use. But then, I saw this product. It seems to be pretty cool and it is portable in the event that I wish to use it somewhere else. Anyway, does anyone have any knowledge of this product, or better yet, has anyone used this item. If so, I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks
product

Old     (wiltok)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-19-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
Get a Harbor Master or Shore Station. Inboards aren't designed to be left in the water for long periods of time. IMO the Harbor Master is better - much easier to crank than the Shore Station.

Old     (krbaugh)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-19-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
One word blisters!

Keith is right get that boat out of the water
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-19-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
The shore dock is mainly for weekend trip kind of things, not ment for long term storage. It's portable and fits in a small bag. Perfect for day camping, keeps the gel coat clean!
Old     (jon43)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-19-2005, 2:26 PM Reply   
were can I find out more about the shore dock

(Message edited by jon43 on February 19, 2005)
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       02-19-2005, 3:26 PM Reply   
I saw the product at the boat show. A couple of us were checking it out, consensus as we left the booth was that the anchor buddy would work better.
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-19-2005, 5:03 PM Reply   
I think it's theshoredock.com
Old     (crazy4two)      Join Date: Jul 2004       02-19-2005, 7:11 PM Reply   
yeah that is right...theshoredock.com. And, how much is a setup such as the Shore Station or the Harbor Master. I can find info on their website but no pricing. Also, do those systems actually attach to the lake floor somehow or do they just sit on the floor. How are they anchored against movement with the waves? Is the install something that is done by yourself or do they install for you.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       02-19-2005, 8:35 PM Reply   
www.shoremaster.com
Old     (02wakesettervlx)      Join Date: Jun 2001       02-21-2005, 11:32 AM Reply   
I was wondering if anyone has any experience good or bad with Hewitt boat lifts, Metal craft lifts, GKC lifts, or Pier Pleasure lifts. We are looking at buying a few lifts, and these are our options. So far, Hewitt has the best price, but I have heard some negative things about them. Pier Pleasure seems nice, but they are the most pricy. Any help would be appreciated.