Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 13, 2007

Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-06-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
So I am first up to ride this morning.... complete glass water, and I have a great run!! At the end I get up on the swim platform and feel my pocket... MY PHONE WAS IN MY POCKET THE WHOLE TIME!!!!

Brand new Moto Razr I just got last week. Ruined... no insurrence.... so I am screwed!!

I am soooooo bumbed!!

Anyone have a Razr for alltel they arn't using aynmore???? lol... worth a shot
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       05-06-2007, 2:14 PM Reply   
take the battery out, and let it dry by a heater for a week, it worked for me once when i dropped it in, worth a shot eh
Old     (srh00z)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-06-2007, 2:26 PM Reply   
A few phones in our crew have gone down, usually at the boat launch or early in the day. The heater thing works fairly well when it is just water. Good luck.
Old    xtremebordgurl            05-06-2007, 2:35 PM Reply   
don't stress... just take a hair blow dryer to it and then put it in a bag of rice (draws the moisture out) and give it 2-4 days then try to turn it on. Don't give up on it. Also take the whole thing apart to help get the water out, pull out the battery and all pieces that are removable to help expedite the drying process.

I dropped my phone in the lake this past summer when I was coaching at Migis lodge. evidently it fell out of my pocket as I was getting on the boat in the morning before I took my 7am group out. We were out for one hour and when we got back to the dock I couldn't find my phone. One of the kids said they heard a splash as I was getting in the boat. Sure enough, dove down right where the kid told me to and there it was. Pulled it out did what I described above and 2 days later it worked like a charm. You never would have known anything was wrong. You could still see some water in the screen for about a week but it dried out as well and you never would blieve that the phone had sat at the bottom of a lake for over an hour. That same phone went into the lake again 3 weeks later when I flipped over the row boat while getting into the ski boat (Migis moors the boat at night) at 6:30am with my phone in my pocket. Repeated the steps and it worked awesome again! I kept that phone for six months afterward until I upgraded my phone.

Point of the story... not all is lost. Don't stress unless you dry it out and a week from now it still does'nt work. Good luck!
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-06-2007, 3:10 PM Reply   
i dropped my razor in the lake and dried it with the blow dryer and it came back to life but text messages wouldnt work at all so i replaced the white dots on the back on the battery and the white dot on the under the cover by the battery and just said it stopped working and they gave me a new one under warrenty.
Old     (24_ssv)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2007, 3:25 PM Reply   
Just sign up for the insurance and make a claim in a few weeks if you can't get it working.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-06-2007, 3:31 PM Reply   
Just dropped mine in my washer while I was putting some stuff in. My razr seems to be toast but we I'm going to try the whole rice thing.

Chris-
How'd you replace the dots?
Old    murrayair            05-06-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
I've dropped several cell phones in lakes, pools, etc. before and, like people above have said, I let them dry out for a few days and they have all worked again.
Old     (danrocks4)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
i just dropped my phone in the lake last week, but unfortunately mine went straight to the bottom, not to be recovered. oops
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-06-2007, 4:04 PM Reply   
well again.. if anyone has a razr they don't use anymore... feel free to send it my way!!!

myne is in a bag of rice right now...
Old     (deltarat)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-06-2007, 4:05 PM Reply   
just put it in alcohol. shake it a little bit in the alcohol. the alcohol will displace the water.take it out of alcohol and shake it to get as much of the alcohol out as you can . now let it dry for an hour or 2 .should work again . this has worked for me a few times .
Old     (pureblue)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-06-2007, 4:08 PM Reply   
ya, I boarded a whole set with my phone in the pocket, dry it out and it will probaly work.
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-06-2007, 6:28 PM Reply   
find someone with the same phone and take theirsaa
Old     (melanie)      Join Date: Apr 2001       05-06-2007, 7:59 PM Reply   
I cooked mine in the oven after I went wakeboarding with mine in my pocket. Works fine. And tastes just like chicken
Old     (preacherman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2007, 8:05 PM Reply   
if you can't get your phone working after all of these options then check ebay for a used phone. Might find a good deal on one there and then just have your number activated on that one.
Old     (bigwaken2009)      Join Date: Oct 2006       05-06-2007, 8:29 PM Reply   
Dude I did that once...But I had a drysuit on lol.
Old     (nwa)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-07-2007, 9:11 AM Reply   
Chris,

My wife has Razr and just got another new phone. I called her and told her a wakeworlder was in need. She said she would be willing to part with it. Don't worry, it isn't the pink one! Silver. Unless of course, pink is the color you were shooting for.

Make me any offer and I will pass it along to her.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       05-07-2007, 9:17 AM Reply   
when my car was stolen, my phone went with it. I did not have insurance for the phone. I signed up for insurance, and then made a claim two weeks later. they sent me a new phone. not all that ethical, but whatever. the cell companies screw people over all the time. I would go that route for sure.
Old     (mofreestyle)      Join Date: Jan 2006       05-07-2007, 2:07 PM Reply   
Mine is working perfectly today after drying out and being in a bag of rice for almost 24hrs.
Old    byron            05-07-2007, 4:43 PM Reply   
My friend was "zip lining" across a river using the leather belt still attatched to his waist, his phone hit fell in to the river... the dry out thing worked for him
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       05-11-2007, 4:10 PM Reply   
The end reslut:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AME SE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140117270755&rd=1&rd=1

haha... It was either in the garbage or up on ebay... I chose ebay!