Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2009

Old     (pottsy)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2009, 11:41 AM Reply   
Hey guys,

After going on the first few rides of the year I must say that I am extremely excited for the sport. I ride on the chain lakes in Illinois and I am so amazed to see the number of wakeboarding boats out on the water compared to previous years. This is my 4th year riding and I have seen an incredible increase in the number of riders I see out on the water every morning. It's almost gotten to the point where just about every other boat I see is a wakeboarding boat. This sport is growing soooo fast and I can't imagine what it's going to be like in years to come. I'm incredibly anxious to see the future of this sport. Just thought I would share my excitement!
Old     (jason_b)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-08-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
If you see me out there you can come over and grab a beer, guarantee I'll be there for "entertainment" because I'm sure as heck not there to get into the water/rootbeer!!!! lol

Once in a blue moon we'll go under the 173 bridge and hit those lakes. They're nice and long and the water is much, much better. It's just a pita getting the tower up/down for the bridge twice.

I'm in the dark green and white Tige with the 3 some on the tower, come say hey if ya see me. There are not more than a couple Tiges out there and I've never seen another one with WS on the tower.
Old     (chicagomastercraft)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-08-2009, 1:21 PM Reply   
The sport has really taken off in the area around the Chain and Fox River. We are trying every year to hold more and more events in the area as well.

Come out to the Broken Oar on a Wednesday night, we have MidWeek Wakeup where you can ride any Ronix board and get a pull behind the latest MasterCraft boats FREE! 4pm-DARK
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-08-2009, 6:43 PM Reply   
as lakes get more crowded, hopefully so too will the land from east to west and north to south get dotted with more and more cable parks and such. YES! Bring it!