Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-03-2013, 9:12 AM Reply   
Looking for something that looks nice to use to mount the mic from a 420. Not permanent, just clip the mic to it when not being used.

Also wondering about extending the cable. Could a 2-channel auxiliary input cable be used?
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-03-2013, 10:05 AM Reply   
John,
If you don't want to use the standard metal mic clip (same as with any VHF or CB radio) then make whatever serves your purpose from heat-formed black ABS.
The 3.5mm cable extension should be an off-the-shelf and standardized item at any electronics parts store or easily procured on line. I'm not sure if Wetsounds stocks the extension. If it's 3.5 to 3.5 and the number of conductors match then it's all the same.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-03-2013, 12:25 PM Reply   
It does match, and I plugged the mic into an aux port on a GM truck, and it worked - volume was very low though.

I would like to use a standard metal clip, but finding all of that stuff locally just isn't possible. The OEM clip on the 420 mic - does it come off so you can use the metal clip? I was just hoping to find something quick and easy that still looked good.
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-04-2013, 6:41 AM Reply   
John,
Right, A mic has no gain so it is intended to go into a specific amplifier.

Do a search for 'cb radio microphone clip images'. They have plastic, magnetic, screw down, adhesive, and more.
The EQ has the same mic fixture as any number of standard radios.

David
Earmark Marine
Old     (jonyb)      Join Date: Nov 2008       04-04-2013, 8:03 PM Reply   
Thanks David...
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       04-05-2013, 7:08 PM Reply   
You can get them (standard cb clip) at any local truck stop
Old     (david_e_m)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-06-2013, 7:53 AM Reply   
At least recently, the Wetsounds mic has a spring clip attached to the back.