Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-14-2010, 1:23 PM Reply   
Here's a chance for all you amazing "backyard" video producers to make that work pay off for you. We're teaming up with WakeboardNebraska to bring you the New Producer Video Contest.

Come up with the best video entry and you could find yourself on a plane to Orlando, Florida to shoot some of the top pros with Ronnie Romero. On top of that, you'll get a meet and greet with the legendary Scott Byerly courtesty of Byerly Boards.

Byerly Boards will also be setting up the winner with a board and binding package. Five runners-up will also be the happy recipients of gear from Byerly Boards.

This here "sticky" thread will be up for the entire duration of the contest so that we can post the video entries here and discuss them with the community.

Click here to check out all the details of the New Producer Video Contest
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-14-2010, 7:59 PM Reply   
this is awesome. cant wait to see who wins. there are so many really amazing "backyard" video producers out there
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       04-15-2010, 12:31 PM Reply   
I was pretty stoked on this when I read about it in that thread about online videos. This is going to be awesome.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-15-2010, 4:58 PM Reply   
Nice, i'll be checking this thread often!
Old     (Mikelish540)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-16-2010, 5:15 AM Reply   
Only problem is that you have to have a nice HD cam... :/
Old     (sinkoumn)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-16-2010, 7:50 AM Reply   
norbi

/contest
Old     (shredsickgnar)      Join Date: Sep 2006       04-16-2010, 6:47 PM Reply   
I'm glad this contest came about. I'm sure it will showcase some real talent.
Old     (austindodson)      Join Date: Apr 2010       04-18-2010, 8:46 PM Reply   
How long can the video be?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-19-2010, 10:24 AM Reply   
All the details can be found by following the link above...
Old     (norcalbordr)      Join Date: Feb 2006       04-19-2010, 12:14 PM Reply   
Can Norbi actually be considered backyard anymore? His stuff is the sickest I've seen in the past year but he's gotten a lot of hype nationally so he may be banned from this contest since came on scene. This is a sweet idea either way.
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       04-19-2010, 12:34 PM Reply   
"Length isn't important as long as it captures the interest of the judges, but we're guessing that their attention will probably run out at about 3-5 minutes"

Though I couldn't find an answer to whether the entry can be a teaser.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-19-2010, 2:13 PM Reply   
seems like you could enter anything and everything. your entry is how you perceive wakeboarding and how you portray it through your filming and editing. Teasers would fit into a 3-5minute length so why not?
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       04-20-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
Norbi definitely should be in the contest. Yeah he has built a name for himself in the wake community with his vids but he is still an up and comer and not doing this professionally yet. I'm sure with a contest like this, he will have some competition.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-20-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
can i enter
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       04-20-2010, 6:04 PM Reply   
Everyone who hasn't done a major DVD release can enter.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       04-20-2010, 7:28 PM Reply   
yes!
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       04-21-2010, 11:44 PM Reply   
I can't wait to see what everybody puts together!!!
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-22-2010, 7:43 AM Reply   
been talking with some folks in mississippi, looks like im gonna be giving this a go. not much chance of winning, but were gonna give it hell trying.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-09-2010, 8:34 PM Reply   
All though Norbi should be able to enter, I definitely wouldn't say he is a "backyarder" with a 7g camera... not hateing Norbi i love your stuff, and all of your vids get me pumped to go board.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-10-2010, 10:25 AM Reply   
I will be joining Kyle Alberts on a Stokemeter show tonight (Monday 5-10-10) at 8 PM Central, if anyone has any questions about the contest- please log on to Stokemeter and hit me up!!! See you then.
Old     (flydenrict)      Join Date: Nov 2009       05-10-2010, 10:28 PM Reply   
Dude that means I only have 2 months to film and edit.... Anyway to push that back a little for the minnesota summer?
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-11-2010, 7:42 AM Reply   
That should give you more than enough time... Nebraska's summers are the same, man!!! Good luck.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-19-2010, 6:25 PM Reply   
Hey, so the music clearance contract isn't working for me. I have a band I'm trying to get that to, but can't seem to download it or something. Can you take a look at it? It might just be a fluke on my computer, but if not, it's better to have it pointed out now than later when it might be hectic.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       05-19-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
it works on the wakeboardnebraska.com site...

http://www.wakeboardnebraska.com/videocontest/index.htm

good luck!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-20-2010, 8:38 AM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up. It was working at the bottom, but one of the links in the middle wasn't working. It's good to go now!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-14-2010, 6:16 PM Reply   
We've just upped the ante on this contest. Thanks to Greg Nelson and Scott Byerly over at Byerly Boards, the grand prize winner will now be shooting video of Scott Byerly as a part of the prize package!!! We're so stoked and thankful to be able to bring this to you. I just can't wait until it goes down. I'm going to be the annoying guy on the boat that really has no reason for being there, but shows up anyway!!
Old     (scbrips)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-15-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
Dude that's awesome! Tell Nelson to come too!

I soooo wish I would win this contest!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-15-2010, 2:57 PM Reply   
Did you or are you going to enter?? Who's going to get in on this?
Old     (wakeboardgeezer)      Join Date: May 2009       07-16-2010, 1:36 PM Reply   
This sounds like a hoot!
I'm thinking "The Wakeboard Geezer" needs to jump in here.
It may at least make somebody giggle and that can't be all bad.
regards,
The Geeze
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-22-2010, 10:45 AM Reply   
So nobody on the discussion board in entering this contest?? Come on, let's see some entries!!
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-22-2010, 11:23 AM Reply   
I'm still working on mine, gonna send it in on the last day of August.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-22-2010, 11:34 AM Reply   
You might want to send it in on the last day of July since the contest ends on August 1!!
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-22-2010, 1:42 PM Reply   
whoops, my bad, that's what I meant.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-26-2010, 10:06 AM Reply   
I am starting to post some of the entries I have received now. The first one has been uploaded from Anthony Sawyer.

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-26-2010, 11:17 AM Reply   
I'm scraping together a few last sets of a few of the riders I have in the video... I'm going to cut it closeeeeeeee close close. haha.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-26-2010, 1:01 PM Reply   
And another... PJ Halloran.

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       07-26-2010, 1:20 PM Reply   
I'm going to go ahead and embed those two links...

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-28-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Awesome. almost had my edit finished, and between last night and this morning, my external hard drive with all of my footage on it has decided to kick the bucket. This is cooooool. I had around 30 gigs of filming for this one contest, and now nothin, hahaha. Now I've got to try to get it working again, but if not, I guess so much for the contest. If it doesn't start working again, I may send you the opening thing I had for the video for ****s and giggles, hahahaha.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-28-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
lesson #1= backup, backup, backup
Old     (dwday)      Join Date: Dec 2008       07-29-2010, 8:11 AM Reply   
That blows. Try sticking your hard drive in the fridge for a while. I've seriously heard that this can give you a couple minutes to run it and move the files somewhere, depending on what was wrong with it. IDK sounded crazy to me but it was in some tech article. Maybe it was for an immediate fix deal??

http://geeksaresexy.blogspot.com/200...over-data.html
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       07-29-2010, 11:27 AM Reply   
So it turns out that it was a power problem with the base of the external. My friend had the hookups and we were able to save all of my footy. Talk about super lucky. I tore the entire outer case apart to figure out the problem, and when I saw that a connection on the external's power supply was broken, we were able to plug it in to a tower and voila.

And backing up 150 total gigs of footage gets pretty heavy, haha, especially when you're too broke to really afford another big harddrive because you needed a new wakeboard, haha. My computer is completely full, and I've already deleted a bunch of stuff off of my external that is now an internal just to have the space for this footy. But this does give me a real justification to get the desktop that I've been looking at building and putting two 1 terabyte hard drives in it.

But everything's back on track.

Lucky? Obscenely. Need more memory for backups? Yes.

Last edited by wakeboardern1; 07-29-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-29-2010, 10:04 PM Reply   
Chris Bradley- "Wake 2 Wake"

from Ronnie Romero on Vimeo.

Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-29-2010, 10:46 PM Reply   
Anthony Ciardelli- "On A Roll"

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-30-2010, 12:09 AM Reply   
holy gang of reverse time clips!

am i allowed to comment on these?
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-31-2010, 12:22 PM Reply   
Tuti- "Aye"

Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-31-2010, 2:48 PM Reply   
Sick!!! I wish I could have contributed but this is really fun to watch.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
Hunter Schleper

Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 11:02 AM Reply   
Nick Schrein- "Gnarcoleptic Attack"

Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 11:25 AM Reply   
Merret Fay

Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Joe... when have you EVER asked permission to comment? Haha..
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 1:21 PM Reply   
Ryan Taylor- The 10K Edit

Last edited by rorowake; 08-01-2010 at 1:29 PM.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 2:45 PM Reply   
David Krzenski- Every Last Drop

Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-01-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
Greg Pavlock

Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-01-2010, 8:29 PM Reply   
tuti-aye video was dopee. Something totally different then anyone else did.

ryan taylor as always killed it as well. I hate to be a judge
Old     (kyle_L)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-02-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
that ryan taylor video was my favorite so far. the tuti aye video was pretty sick as well
Old     (JJ)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-02-2010, 8:54 AM Reply   
Going off of production alone Ryan Taylor's killed it. Tuti- aye was sick also.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-02-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Because some folks had some issues with getting music clearance done in time, especially since our link to the paperwork wasn't working originally, we're going to extend this contest for two more weeks and the new end date will be 8/15/10. For those that rushed to get their work done before the 8/1 deadline and feel like you could make a few tweaks to improve it, you're more than welcome to re-submit a modified version of your entry before the 8/15 deadline.

Thanks to everybody that participated so far and to those that will get their entries in in the next two weeks!!
Old     (chuckbutta)      Join Date: Oct 2009       08-02-2010, 1:38 PM Reply   
sweet !! i could use more time no doubt !
Old     (JohnMat)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-02-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
Not trying to be mean to those who were not able to get the music release in time, But this is not cool. The whole point of the contest was to find new professional producers. I would say the 2 most difficult things were getting a Music Release and meeting a deadline and all of the above videos made that happen. Extending the contest is not fair to anyone who met ALL the requirments of this contest. Reguardless of the fact all the videos up to this point can be refined, it still gives an advantage to anyone who has not released there video and has gotten a look at what everyone else has posted up to this point. I say let the late ones enter and show off there films on this sticky post, but they are not elligible for the prizes since some of the requirments were not met.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-02-2010, 2:06 PM Reply   
i concur.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2010, 3:08 PM Reply   
I'm inclined to agree with John and Joe, but since the announcement has been made already, it can't really be taken back. I know I had no chance of winning the grand prize, but still, it's a little painful to have people be able to come in afterward and submit a video after seeing what we have done. Since this is happening, it may even be necessary for the crowd favorites (Ryan and Tuti) to tweak their videos as well, since it's likely that people will be working on besting them.

But just because I agree with the above two people, does not mean that I won't be taking this time to modify my video. There's a lot of stuff that I wanted to do, but was unable to between conflicting work schedules, weather problems and conflicts with another project I'm doing a bunch of filming for, so I plan on using this as a chance to get as much of that done as I can physically force the riders in my video to do.

Realistically I'm not sure if there's a fair way for this to really go down. and by tweaking it/modifying it, I'm wondering to what scale we're allowed to, since this deadline extension could effectively show people exactly what they have to do better than, so it would mean the possible complete rehashing of our videos so that people won't know exactly what they're up against anymore. Is this allowed? Because I plan on using the same song and possibly adding in an intro with another song that I was originally going to do, but cut because I wanted to try to stick it all in the one song, especially now that I know that everyone is in love with these videos with the intros and stuff that are seperate from the actual riding riding video.

At the same time however, I feel almost like it would be cheap and virtually like I was cheating since I know exactly what people like now, what the best two videos that I'm up against are and what I need to do to TRY to surpass them.

I'M SO CONFUSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! I don't like the feeling that re-editing my video would be cheating, but I also don't like the idea that others now have the opportunity to take our videos and use them as a benchmark for what they have to do better than. Which feeling that way makes me want to redo a large large large portion of my video... I don't know about the others but I've put a ton of time filming into this video (there are a lot of hours of filming behind my video)

So I guess the real question for those of us who have already entered, is how much modifying are we allowed to do to our video?
Old     (JohnMat)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-02-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
The point is this was said in the description.
Music you say? That's easy, right? Not so fast. Anybody can go grab the latest MGMT song and stick it in their project, but that's not what we are looking for. In fact, we want you to find new music to showcase in your edit. This is probably the hardest part of ANY action sports production, clearing music. NO MAINSTREAM OR MAJOR LABEL MUSIC unless you have obtained rights to distribute it on the web. There are a number of bands out there that want their music to be heard and will offer their songs to you for a simple credit at the end. FIND THEM!

The fair thing is to not let the new entrys be eligible. Because they did not meet this requirement. "the hardest part of ANY sports production"
Old     (gina_h)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-02-2010, 4:26 PM Reply   
I also agree with John and Joe. PJ Halloran and Anthony Sawyers entries were even posted several days before the other postings. Nice job to everyone who took the effort to make these!
Lots of great riding shots and interesting editing.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-02-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
Alright, you guys make a good point. Meeting a deadline is all part of making a video, so I'm going to reverse myself and say the contest is over. Sorry for the scare but we were just thinking a few more entries would help, but that went over like a lead zeppelin!! Sorry for the pump fake. Let the judging begin.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Worddd. Stress levels down. Hahaha. If you could delete my post above as well as this one Dave, that would be awesome.

And re-Sticky this thread too! It keeps falling down and so we have to hunt for it!

Oh, and a few more entries would have probably been cool, but like everyone was saying, we'd all have to re-edit our videos to make sure that people weren't given a huge advantage over all of us...

Last edited by wakeboardern1; 08-02-2010 at 5:56 PM.
Old     (liquidforcefan)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2010, 5:53 PM Reply   
Awesome, thanks for that I was freaking out.
Old     (rorowake)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-02-2010, 6:57 PM Reply   
All entries can be seen together at http://www.wakeboardnebraska.com/videocontest/
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-02-2010, 7:10 PM Reply   
do you really think 2 more weeks would made someone come out of the wood works and one up you?
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2010, 7:18 PM Reply   
Oh yeah. There are plenty of good producers on here that likely didn't pull things together in time. Once you know what you have to beat, it can be done. If I was given 2 more weeks, I could take what I saw here now and put together something much more, let's say, creative. Especially since I've now seen what the general public prefers for the videos.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       08-02-2010, 7:30 PM Reply   
Ok, now that that's over with, let's hear what you think about the entries!!
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-02-2010, 9:56 PM Reply   
Well, there's Ryan Taylor's, which was absolute artwork. We all know what's good about it.

There's Tuti's, which was an epic opening. Not really much else to say, awesome light and cool sub-plot. Reminds me a little of 12 Honkeys, just a little more serious.

Loved the heli shots in Merret's video. A little shaky, but different from everything that everyone else did. It gave it a bigger budget feel.

The shaky cam and twisted shots in PJ's video drove me crazy, sorry dude. You were going for a creative effect with the twisting and zooming of shots, but it just made it more unsteady in it's appearance.

I really dug the opening to Chris Bradley's video. That was sick. I showed these all to a friend and he agrees with me that the high up shots with the go-pro as you drove past and stuff were pretty cool.

Overall the idea of time lapses seemed to be really popular with everyone...

That's all I can really think of now. I had criticism of my video typed up, but I don't see the point, haha. I'll let others say that stuff so I don't have to, bahahaha.
Old     (bradis86)      Join Date: May 2008       08-03-2010, 10:07 AM Reply   
I was wondering did anyone else have any problems with getting the music? My first one was a little more popular band and they wanted either 7,000 or 1,000 I couldnt tell from the handwriting . The whole time they were acting like no problem at all we will get that signed for you just send it in lol. This contest is really fun to see all the differant videos I really think WakeWorld should make a channel on Vimeo that everyone can use and post videos like these on.
Old     (bradis86)      Join Date: May 2008       08-03-2010, 10:53 AM Reply   
Actually I just searched Vimeo under channels and I found a couple WakeWorld ones not sure if they are from this Forum though.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
i doubt it nick.. that u could of beat ryans creativity in 2 weeks just saying....
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-03-2010, 4:04 PM Reply   
take it for what it's worth, but here are my reviews of the videos.

anthony sawyer's video

1. nice angle at 00:16 & 01:25
2. shaky footage
3. bad lighting
4. looks like it was shot w/ 5 different kinds of cameras (colors don't match)
5. reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
6. music track was cool

pj halloran

1. video needs deinterlacing
2. funky vignetting
3. bad lighting
4. funky post-zooms
5. music track was horrible
6. shaky footage
7. no creative camera work
8. reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
9. weird transitions

chris bradley

1. nice opening timelapse
2. 00:10 - 00:19 nice angle
3. reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
4. unnecessary footage of rider getting up
5. more reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
6. nice angle at 00:42
7. a lot of flash transitions
8. choppy slo-mo clips
9. and even more reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
10. why was rider's hs5 abruptly cut?
11. bad lighting
12. music track was cool

anthony ciardelli

1. shaky footage
2. bad lighting
3. water spots on housing
4. flag in the shot (01:39)?
5. close w/ a shot of a bunch of dudes?

tuti

1. sick opening/cinematography
2. music during skit = spot on
3. skit = cool, but funny and ran a little long
4. some shots were out of focus
5. riding music track was cool
6. bad lighting in some shots
7. 03:19 - 03:33 = random shot of a dude throwing worse than a non-athletic chick?
8. could've mixed it up a little better (too many clips back-to-back from the same angle)
9. nice time-remapping 03:57 - 04:08
10. riding music track got a little crazy and annoying during guitar solo
11. ended a little weird...kind of abruptly
12. ran a little long...could've been 1 to 2 minutes shorter
13. thai water park logo?

hunter schleper

1. 4:3 image on a 16:9 frame?
2. bad lighting
3. nice angle 00:34
4. choppy slo-mo
5. f bombs in the song
6. 01:27 - why screw up a nice blue sky w/ nice white clouds in the background w/ some funky filter/effect?
7. funky vignetting
8. ran too long
9. logos in the end? are they sponsoring the contest, too?

nick schrein

1. nice opening graphics (i know where you got that - haha!)
2. shaky footage
3. 01:32 = sick!
4. waterspots on housing
5. choppy slo-mo
6. nice song

Merret Fay

1. nice aerial shots
2. why are boards/bindings on the sundeck in the shots?
3. shaky footage
4. choppy slo-mo
5. nice angle 01:09
6. random logo placement 01:12
7. and again at 01:19
8. cool song

ryan taylor

1. sick opening/cinematography
2. aaahhh...bringing back the film burn
3. 00:41 - 00:48 = sick transition, camera work, graphics
4. 01:05 - 01:12 = your lens is dirty!
5. 01:13 - 01:19 = sick!
6. 01:28 - 01:37 = sick!
7. 03:38 - 04:00 = super sick!
8. music is good but rapper's voice is kind of *yawn* and a few curse words here and there
9. awesome camera work, super clean edits, graphics are clean and well done

david krzenski

1. bad lighting
2. 01:06 - 01:08 = nice angle
3. 01:12 - 01:19 = random buggy clip?
4. water spots on housing
5. choppy slo-mo
6. 01:48 - 01:51 = nice, but what is that on the bottom of the screen?
7. boat noise?
8. 02:23 - 02:39 = shot of rider doing nothing = waste
9. song was ok
10. could've been A LOT shorter, too many repeated tricks (i think i saw 20 raleys by the same guy)

greg pavlock

1. shots of girls are always good
2. event coverage?
3. picture-in-picture = weird
4. reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
5. shaky footage
6. more picture-in-picture = weirder (is that a word?)
7. more reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
8. 02:26 = weird effect
9. 02:37 = funky vignetting
10. 02:46 - 02:56 = weird effects
11. and even more reverse-time clips = aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!
12. 03:07 - 03:11 = nice angle
13. weird music transition
14. closing shot of guy downing a 40...classy
15. way too long
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2010, 4:37 PM Reply   
Joe,

YOU GOT ME! Hahahahaha. Yeahh, I've been playing around with the tutorials on that site for a while and saw that one and was like, hmmmmmm.... Not was I was initially going to put in the video, but it works. And I agree with everything you said about my video. Hahaha. I wish it just wasn't so meh.

Chris,

Luckily, I have good relations with the band I used, since they let me use a song of theirs in Gauntlet a couple of years ago, and so they were more than willing to let me use a new song from their new album since I essentially promoted them. Plus, they decided not to sign with a label, and so there wasn't a fee.

DirtyCracker,

I had a response to you, but I decided it wasn't worth it. I'll just talk to you again about that in two weeks when I finish my Robby McFarland Summer 2010 Edit.

Oh, and I know my video was an uncreative by the books wake vid. I had very little time to actually film the riders, and the choices came down to play it safe and try to get as much footy as possible/try for super specific shots and risk not having enough footage to fill the song without alot of slow-mo.

Last edited by wakeboardern1; 08-03-2010 at 4:44 PM.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-03-2010, 4:47 PM Reply   
there's no rule that says you have to use the whole song. better to have 2 minutes of artistry than 5 minutes of standard shots.
Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-03-2010, 5:11 PM Reply   
yeahhh. I don't usually think things through completely when I do them though. However, your advice seems to work wonders for me, because every time you say something about my videos I wind up taking it to heart and working on it a lot. I remember some of the critiques you gave some videos I made a while ago, and they've stuck there. Which is probably the best thing that will come out of this contest, is the critiques from guys like you. Thank you mr joe umali for your bluntness. It is greatly appreciated. Hahaha.
Old     (bradis86)      Join Date: May 2008       08-03-2010, 5:51 PM Reply   
Lol You may want to put aaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh next to "nice opening time-lapse" because that also was in reverse.
Old     (ghettofab)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-03-2010, 6:22 PM Reply   
please nick talk to me in two weeks and we will compare ryan taylors to yours once again.