Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-07-2008, 6:01 PM Reply   
I appreciate all the help on the other tricks, but i cant seem to land blind well. any tips? thanks.
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-07-2008, 10:51 PM Reply   
pass the handle

that's what helped me, still trying to teach myself to land cuffed, but for now I pass the handle on my BS180's and to stop the rotation look back along the wake
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-08-2008, 8:40 AM Reply   
that is good, but i want to learn both. yea i will probably learn by passing the handle first
Old     (aussie_stu)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-08-2008, 6:58 PM Reply   
try just a bunny hop BS 180 out side the wake and ride along in the cuffed position, once you can ride comfortably like that the landing shouldn't be too bad.

thats the advice amber wing gave me a while back, still haven't really done it, but she said it helped her blind landings a heap

(Message edited by aussie_stu on June 08, 2008)
Old     (trevorcurry)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-08-2008, 9:53 PM Reply   
Stew has a good point. Practice inside-out blind 180s to get the feel. You can also just butter around to blind and practice edging around in that blind position to get used to it. Good Luck!

(Message edited by trevorcurry on June 08, 2008)
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-09-2008, 6:42 PM Reply   
go out behind the PWC and slow it down to like 12 and then work on doing it on the surface. If you are trying cuffed ride in that position some looking back a away from the wake the same way you are trying to land it. That will help get your mind in the right place. Once you can do it clean on the surface start working on it with an ollie in the flats the inside out then one wake and so on. I will be out tomorrow working this since I can't seem to do R2b. Just like everything else practice it the way you are going to do it.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-10-2008, 2:47 PM Reply   
thanks guys, im starting this tonight since im at the lake
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       06-11-2008, 6:54 AM Reply   
Some of the best tips I got for the BS 180:

1. WAIT WAIT WAIT to initiate the spin. I usually wait till I am at the very top of my jump
2. When you get to the teop, try to punch your lower back with the handle. This way, you keep the rope close, and easy to control
3. Keep your head locked to your leading shoulder. AKA: do not spin your head when you spin. This guarantees that you won't take a nose dive. Its scary at first, but when you land, you need to be facing the prop wash, not the boat!
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-15-2008, 8:03 PM Reply   
thanks garret
Old     (damned04)      Join Date: May 2005       09-11-2008, 9:49 PM Reply   
I tried the WAIT technique and and tried to land wrapped but caught an edge on the way down.

Should I spin by pulling the handle like a fs180?
I can do fs hs 3s pretty consistently, would a bs 3 be easier than the 180?
Old     (robertr720)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-12-2008, 10:06 AM Reply   
You didn't land over your toes. You have to land over your toes to land wrapped or you will get annialated by the back edge catch.
Old     (cbaird)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-16-2008, 10:02 AM Reply   
i just landed this consistantly w2w last week. the key for me was to do a hard pull with both hands at the peak, this will bring the handle to your other hand easier. also make sure when you leave the wake that you are at angle leaning back not over top your board.

I had these real constant outside the wake before adding the wake to it.

Nothing hurts worse than the BS back plant.
Old     (focker)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-16-2008, 11:31 AM Reply   
Learn it on the surface spinning backside.
Learn it bunny hop in the flats.
Learn it inside out.

All these were not too bad but I had trouble doing it wake to wake when learning these.

The day I learned these was the day a friend and I took a set BEFORE we put weight in the boat. I think I landed my first one where before I couldnt land it with the boat fully weighted. Once you can land them on a smaller wake and build up your confidence then transition to doing them on a weighted boat wake wont be nearly as bad.

fyi I do them wrapped 90% of the time. Also throwing in a grab (even if it's just a tap) will make you hesitate rather than spinning right off the wake.
Old     (mallenger)      Join Date: Jun 2006       09-18-2008, 12:30 PM Reply   
this brought the trick around for me. Wait till your at the highest point of your jump, then pull the handle to your opposite butt cheek. then the handle is right there for your other hand so you can land with both hands on it/pass or land cuffed. I'd say try to get your bs 180s dialed before going for the 3... if you do it in reverse it seems to be much harder to learn the proper amount of rotation(very little) to be able to stick bs 180s.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-18-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
I don't disagree but aren't BS 3's hard to learn after you've learn the BS 1 by not spinning until you're at the peak of your jump? Everybody I see do BS 3's spin them right off the wake.

This has frustrated me about the TS FS 5. Everybody says it will come easy after the TS FS 3 but this isn't the case for me and especially with the way people break down this trick. The thing I was told was to not spin the last 180 until you're on your way down. That's what got it consistent for me and now I pass the handle just after I land. Because of this though I can't do TS 5's. For those you have to pass much earlier which makes it a completely different trick for me.

I hope that makes sense. Basically do a very late HS BS 180 to me does not lend itself well to learning the HS BS 3.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2008, 1:46 PM Reply   
Basically do a very late HS BS 180 to me does not lend itself well to learning the HS BS 3.

Eubanks. they're different tricks.

naturally your body will want to spin to 3 when you're trying to do a bs1. thats why you're told to WAIT longer to initiate the spin.

same holds true for toe 3 and 5.

(Message edited by romes on September 18, 2008)
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       09-18-2008, 2:25 PM Reply   
No, I hear you. I just know for me learning the TS 3 landing wrapped has made it hard for me to learn the TS 5 because it is so different.
Old     (romes)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-18-2008, 2:38 PM Reply   
i gather what your sayin...