Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2006, 5:03 AM Reply   
I am looking for a new board and am coming from an 03 belmont 141. Which of these, murray or era is the most similar to the belmont or is the best board in general? I am an intermediate rider.
Old     (doogles)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2006, 6:57 AM Reply   
Try them both out. I have the 06 Era 142 and it is one of the best boards I have ridden. The 06 Murray is a little too slow for me and not quite loose enough. regardless of what other people think, go demo both boards and try them out for yourself. Good luck-
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2006, 7:42 AM Reply   
Thanks for the advice. Funny thing is I have ridden both and can't make up my mind. I am looking for the most pop and the softest landing. I liked them both, but I have heard a lot of good about the new murray pop.
Old     (doogles)      Join Date: May 2004       08-09-2006, 7:50 AM Reply   
If you can, spend a little more time on both of them. Sometimes it can take 5 or 6 sets before you figure out which board you really like more. Work on some new tricks on it, figure out if you like it because it's similar to your old ride, or because it will make you a better rider. Maybe even ride a few different wakes with it. I know I have ridden some boards behind some boats and they work great, while on a wake that is a little different I really don't enjoy it as much. For me, the ERA 142 was my favorite Hyperlite shape of the year. It's not an extremely poppy board or an extremely fast board, it's just a great all around shape that is fun to ride.
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-09-2006, 8:35 AM Reply   
Not to bring another board in, but the premier and the era are very similar shapes. I've ridden the premier and era, but the premier seems to have more pop imo. Just something else you might want to look at.
Old     (curtisco24)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-09-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
I have ridden the premier a lot it may just be a little too loose for me.