Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 04, 2006

Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
Down to these two. I am a Beg Int, I can do heelside w2w 180's. Comments on those two boards..
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-27-2006, 9:20 AM Reply   
The Pure rocks its an older absolute mold and would be a better board for your level of riding then the 06 Transcend IMO.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-27-2006, 9:48 AM Reply   
PURE, PURE, PURE, PURE, PURE, PURE, PURE, PURE, PURE.... Enough said?
Old     (waketac)      Join Date: Apr 2002       07-27-2006, 11:47 PM Reply   
Transcend, it's so good it only has to be said once.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2006, 7:58 AM Reply   
The Pure is just a better riding board all around. It does everything better imo.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 8:04 AM Reply   
Transcend works for a very small select group of people. The Pure works for everyone. I've never had anyone say that they didn't like the Pure, but I've seen people both love and hate the Transcend.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2006, 8:08 AM Reply   

quote:

The Pure works for everyone.

There you go with the "everyone" statement!

Again I will say,that is a bold statement but I guess you meant most??
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       07-28-2006, 8:14 AM Reply   
I think the 07 Transcend will be a better all around riding board then the 05/06 Transcends from what I have heard, havent got to get on one yet, but have heard really good things about the new mold. Looking forward to riding Andrews new board.
Old    nate_b            07-28-2006, 12:17 PM Reply   
Is there any difference between the pure and the flame? I've been looking at both and i can't see a big difference.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 12:20 PM Reply   
Very similar. There are slight differences in fin placement and the Flame doesn't have the small outside fins of the Pure. Flame fins are canted out from the center of the board slightly.

Ed.... I haven't met too many that it didn't work for. It's a basic board design that with the righ fins can work for anyone. I know people will dis-agree, but I've ridden boards that take a certain technique to ride and the Pure isn't one of them. It definitely lets you focus on your riding instead of adapting to the board. What? You didn't like your's?
Old     (paolad)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-28-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
I have the PURE and love it. I want to put smaller center fins. WHat size would be good and where online has the best price? Any ideas?
Old    nate_b            07-28-2006, 12:24 PM Reply   
Thanks C.I.E. I take it you recomend the pure over the flame?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-28-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
Very similar boards. I'd pick which you like by looks or what kind of deal you get. I'm not even sure you could feel the difference of ride between the two.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2006, 12:47 PM Reply   
Evan and I both ride the Pure, although mine is actually an 03 Absolute Platinum which is the same shape (I also own the Flame). I ride the Flame and Pure shape back to back and can't tell the slightest difference. The outer fins Evan refers to are there, but insignificant IMO. At a glance, the bottom of these boards are nearly identical.

Again as Evan mentioned, the molded fins on the Flame/204 Absolute were adjusted to match the direction of the water flow to speed the board up, but again, I can't tell. I have ridden both boards for 4 years now.

I always tell people to choose on graphics, because the ride is the same.

Enjoy...That is my favorite shape of all time.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-28-2006, 12:51 PM Reply   
here is the fin Evan is talking about. It's more like a slight raise in the rail.

Upload
Old    nate_b            07-28-2006, 1:02 PM Reply   
Thanks for the help guys. I got a shop thats gonna call me when they get some torqs in and ill probably get whichever board they got there.
Old     (big_ed_x2)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-28-2006, 4:06 PM Reply   
I can't say I hated it but didn't like it.I guess a little swirly and fast.I've ridden friendlier boards IMO,tho once I got served behind Jrod's boat on it,it was over for me!Tho I can't say I ever tried it with small center fins,only finless if you can call it that.

It was my 1st knock out wakeboarding and now the board gives me hibbie Gibbie's.