Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                02-08-2001, 2:04 AM Reply   
has anyone landed an invert on a wake-skate yet? i know itd be really hard but somebodys gotta be getting close. let me know, thanks
Old                02-08-2001, 11:21 AM Reply   
Here I will let you know this ........that is not wakeskating it is wakeboarding.
Old                02-08-2001, 11:48 AM Reply   
nice to know you visit tom
Old                02-08-2001, 12:53 PM Reply   
There have been several people landed inverts on skates...Collin Wright has landed a roll or a Tantrum can't remeber. I have heard of a couple of our Core rider land them of of the kicker at the OWC. No one is consisteant though. HOpe htis helps.
Ben
Old                02-08-2001, 8:42 PM Reply   
That's funny cause Collin rarely does inverts on a wakeboard ! I would have never thought he would be one of the first to go upside down on a skate.
Old                02-08-2001, 9:03 PM Reply   
I would bet money that Collin has not hit an invert on a skate, he is a great wakeboarder but Thomas Horrell is the absolute best wakeskater there is. The next is line is Drew Mcgunken.
Old                02-08-2001, 9:13 PM Reply   
Jeff Heer has done a front roll on one a while back.
Old                02-08-2001, 9:48 PM Reply   
prove it please
Old                02-08-2001, 9:49 PM Reply   
Brian Grubbs is the best wakeskater on the planet. If anyone has landed an invert on a wakeskate he is the one.
Old                02-09-2001, 4:32 AM Reply   
If is the word ,it would have made news and film by now if someone has hit an invert on a skate.Ill believe it when i see it and the person at the top of the post is right,Its not wakeboarding so it is not held to the same tricks and abilities of Boarding..

Later
Bill
Old                02-09-2001, 5:03 AM Reply   
NautiqueChica- do you live in Vancouver?
Old                02-09-2001, 6:07 PM Reply   
Ya scott i have landed a couple of back roles so far on my wake scate. It was las summer though and nobody saw it. My driver wasn't even paying attention so nobody believes me. I'v done them though.
Old                02-09-2001, 6:53 PM Reply   
sorry bob, i dont believe you either. thats sweet people are actually landing them though. does anyone know if anyones landed a 360 yet? that would be sweet too.
Old                02-09-2001, 7:06 PM Reply   
Yea ive definitly seen 3s on skates at my local river.A guy was doing them indy grabbed up and down the lake on a cassette.
Old    sp            02-09-2001, 7:07 PM Reply   
They been landing 360s for a while.
Timmy Kivoski(sp) is kicking ass on the skate too.

San Bernard River Militia
Old                02-09-2001, 8:52 PM Reply   
I have seen a couple of riders on core skates in Orlando doing 5's and blind 3's wake to wake
Old                02-09-2001, 8:57 PM Reply   
I've seen a cow fly
Old                02-10-2001, 4:04 AM Reply   
grubbs is doing spins and some of the sickest stuff you have ever seen. and i can promise you that colin's little ass has never landed an invert on one no matter how much his delusional little sponsor would like us to believe it.
Old                02-10-2001, 7:41 AM Reply   
Uhhhh......Core doesnt Sponsor Collin Wright. D-Up does

sbr
Old    sk8r on Saturday, February 1            02-10-2001, 6:05 PM Reply   
whats a wakeskate???? :)
Old                02-25-2001, 3:38 PM Reply   
ive seen a naked cow!
Old                03-15-2001, 10:15 AM Reply   
Watch your step about what you say about Double Up!!!
Old                03-18-2001, 4:55 PM Reply   
calm down! you guys can belive whatever you want to belive. If anyone says Collin W. is a bad wakeskater, i think you need to do some research on it before you go callin the shots. Collin wright is a great wakeboarder and wakeskater and he could kick the crap out of every single person that thinks otherwise. Brian Grubb is also great. There are no places for first and second and third unless its a contest. Wakeboarding ISN'T a contest! There are people that pull cool tricks and people that pull SICK tricks! And everyone you guys have mentioned, Thomas, Drew, Collin, and Brian definately pull sick tricks. So sit down, shut up, and let these guy's riding speak for themselves.
Old                03-19-2001, 7:45 AM Reply   
Geee Jarad, I don't see anyone putting Collin or any other rider down in this entire thread......

Maybe you need to calm down........hmmmm....just a thought.

Did I miss something here? Who said anyone is bad?
What are you thinkin man????
Relax!
Old                03-19-2001, 3:08 PM Reply   
chad, maybe you should try actually reading the thread instead of just looking at it.
Old                03-19-2001, 3:53 PM Reply   
ha ha
I did.....

Maybe I need glasses....

Tell ya what, copy the part where someone puts Collin down and paste it in your next post.

I looked twice now and don't understand what your talking about.

I think Colln is a respectable rider, I just said he rarely does inverts.......I wasn't putting him down, just stating a FACT...

There is debate about whether or not Collin does inverts on his wakeskate, is that offensive to you Jerad?

Wait!!! I think I found what your talking about!!!
Todd said Collin's ass was little!!!!!!!
Is that offensive to you?
Old                03-19-2001, 6:09 PM Reply   
Tell you the truth, i could care less. I just think its funny to start arguments that dont really make any sense. you should try it sometime, its kinda fun. You can call me a idiot but then again, i wouldn't really care. anyways, sorry if I upset anyone that dosn't have a sense of humor. Shake it off, go ride and have fun, cause thats what its all about.
Old    joes_army            06-07-2002, 8:05 AM Reply   
Hey, has anyone thought to try a dark slide on a slider. I thought that would be really cool. Maybe its impossible, but always worth a try.
Old     (crowmobe)      Join Date: Aug 2001       06-07-2002, 8:15 AM Reply   
I doubt collin has landed an invert on a wakeskate . If anyone is close it would be Thomas or grubb, h*ll even Byerly he goes off something sick on a wakeskate ,but collin I doubt it....
Old     (mcelhek)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-07-2002, 10:50 AM Reply   
collin doesn't ride for DU anymore anyway.... so why argue about it?

try serum instead...
Old    joes_army            06-16-2002, 7:55 PM Reply   
Dark slide........wakeskate........can it be done?
Old    wakekid14            06-20-2002, 9:19 AM Reply   
To do a darkslide you would have to be able to kick flip...and be able to land half way through the rotaion, the pray that your board has enough of a raised edge the the edge would slide and the grip tape would to hit the slider..then pray the your feet dont slip off and you rack your self..then you have to exit the slider...you would have to kickflip out or grab the board and bomb drop off the slider..which means you need a high slider.....You could launch off a kicker and grab the board and flip it over and then slide it.......
I would look for drew or thomas to do it since they ride boards with grip tape...dont see byerly or grub changing to grip tape