Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
These Turkey's are pretty tame they dont seem to be botherd by to much.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UGmWIVCqXk
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-25-2011, 3:20 PM Reply   
Grant, saw the turkey video, but was much more entertained with the F-18 in flight video....so tell me, is that you????
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-25-2011, 10:04 PM Reply   
Ben: the reward facing f-18 video No thats not me. I have been told from a friend that was a navy pilot that a ride in a Hornet is very violent. His quote it was"Hornets are the worst. LoL dont think i would be very happy after a ride around the pattern
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-26-2011, 8:07 AM Reply   
ahhh well cool video for sure! The F-18's are one of my favorite birds. Have you seen the F-22 in action? It seemingly defies physics. I've been in the Air Force for 9 years now (4 active, 5 guard) my sister flight is the 149th fighter wing. They're an F-16 unit....I've been trying so hard to get an incentive flight. Once you win an award that offers an incentive flight the wait is 2 YEARS!!!! One of my buddies has been an F-16 crew chief for 8 years, and he still hasn't had a chance to go up. It's really disheartening when the military takes celebrities on incentive flights, but a guy who's has been maintaining the Jet for 8 years hasn't got to go up. Guess it's good for PR though.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       03-26-2011, 9:57 PM Reply   
My friend said he would have loved to take crew and mechanics up for a ride. He said not long after he was on deployment. A fellow pilot took a crew member for a ride and some how the guy edjected on the flight deck. After that there was no more free rides. He said taking servise men , the people that helped keep them flying seemed way more important than taking some anchor person from the local news. I have not seen the YF 22 yett and at 361 million for each one i dont know how many we are gonna see.
Where are you deployed??
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-27-2011, 9:56 AM Reply   
He ejected on the flight deck???? I can just imagine "hey, what's this lever do?"

I know the F22 is expensive, but we desperately needed it to maintain air superiority. I think there's around 100 F22's now. As capable as they are I think we could do just fine with that amount. Cool thing about the F22's is their entire payload is internal. If you ever get a chance to watch one at an air show I highly recommend it. Now the F-35 is expensive, and some say, a disaster.

I'm not deployed now...