Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       05-27-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
I just saw an add for a film by billabong called "Out of the Pond" it says its a wake boarding movie, anyone got any opinions on if its any good or not?
Old     (wakeandsnow27)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-27-2010, 4:52 PM Reply   
it's decent... it was on itunes a while back for $4.99 (still is actually)... so I bought it.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       05-27-2010, 5:12 PM Reply   
Yeah its okay. I really think the best movie of the year is the Park Doc.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-27-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
Andy....agreed on Parks Doc.

But I felt that Out of the Pond was better than okay. I would definitely recommend it.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-27-2010, 5:26 PM Reply   
I have it on my ipod, pretty decent, worth $5 for sure
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2010, 5:27 PM Reply   
If you want just pure wakeboarding - Out of the Pond or Rewritten

if you want a story/wakeboarding/history lesson - Parks Doc
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-27-2010, 5:38 PM Reply   
If you have an Ipod, and especially if you travel, get it off I tunes! Has made many a flights more enjoyable! Then it's on your computer, which you probably look at more than your TV nowadays.
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       05-27-2010, 5:42 PM Reply   
I'll probably check all of these out tonight when I get off work. Any other suggestions for a good wake boarding video?
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       05-27-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
Transgression, Drive, Push Process, Counterfeit This, 12 Honkeys, Natural Born Thrillaz, Global Warning, The Truth, Spray

I know I have left many great ones off this list, but these are my favs.
Old     (greenbass86)      Join Date: May 2010       05-27-2010, 6:14 PM Reply   
sweet, seems like I am going to have plenty of videos to watch when I have time to kill
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-27-2010, 9:20 PM Reply   
Didn't it win best film last year?
Old     (waterdork88)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-27-2010, 11:45 PM Reply   
Retrospect, Relentless
Old     (hyperlite)      Join Date: May 2009       05-28-2010, 5:18 AM Reply   
yeah...i wasnt too impressed with this. espically with all the hype surrounding it, just didnt live up to it.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2010, 5:48 AM Reply   
Epic scenery and locations with actual boats they can do real tricks on(Box of Fun is the only other one I can think of that did that), combined with each rider doing an "out of the pond" type scenario including retention ponds in amusement parks, soccer goals, a freaking Team bus, and a snow jump that would mess someone up if they landed on it wrong.... Every things got hype these days, it's marketing
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-28-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
i think rewritten was probably my favorite from last year!
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-28-2010, 5:52 AM Reply   
Jeff,

Everyone will have different opinions. I'd recommend getting Retrospect and Parks Doc for a history lesson, and Box of Fun, Out of the Pond, and actually My Side for some riding watching. There's also some new ones coming out soon. I would not recommend Transgression, some people will, but I'd put my money towards something more beneficial than the rain-forest that's on National Geographic channel every night. Push Process was over-hyped in my opinion
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-28-2010, 5:58 AM Reply   
Out of the pond was awesome. Love Watsons section.

I bought the Parks doc the same day. I have more respect for him now. Great movie.
Old    benj_t            05-29-2010, 10:56 AM Reply   
Box of Fun!
Old     (bogartsomeday)      Join Date: Mar 2009       05-29-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
never seen box of fun but i got out of the pond on my ipod/itunes. I think its a great movie regarding sick riding with diverse scenarios of riding in a film. I just bought rewritten last week, saw it for my first time and would have to say that watching everyone htting the same rail/box/setup through the whole film over and over and over again got pretty boring imo. The intro to the film was probably the best intro i've ever seen and best intro anyone could've come up with. The intro got me so pumped to see the rest of the film for sure. I just would've liked to see more diversity in the features hit by the riders. For actual great riding, great shots, good pump up to ride: I liked Out of the Pond (watsons part is my fav), Global Warning (the whole film is bada$$), Drive (Benny G's and Vandalls part is sick), Hi Light (great film of "out of the spotlight pros"), and Push Process (oakley did a great job all around). There are a lot of opinions on here for best film to buy. Parks Doc is a sick film about him, a little short i think, but it was really good. Parks Doc would not be a film i'd watch to get pumped on riding. Idk, good luck lol