Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 27, 2007

Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2007, 5:05 PM Reply   
Has anyone had problems with boards delaminating (coming apart) ? This board is less than a year old and it seems that it is awful fast for it to come apart. I am in the market for a new board and just wanted to ask if anyone else has had this problem? I have not posted the brand because I would like to see if any other brands did this.
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2007, 6:07 PM Reply   
I forgot pixsUpload
Upload
Old     (mkperceptions)      Join Date: Jan 2007       07-09-2007, 7:30 PM Reply   
wow what board is that?
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-09-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
if it's less than a year old it should definitely be replaced under warranty! Have you contacted the shop you bought it from yet?
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 4:40 AM Reply   
I have contacted the board company and they told me that they would swap it out.

My problem is, that this is my 11 year olds board, and I was also told by the board company that this was one on their lower end boards, not a pro model.

Now my son was told about this board from a pro rider, at the time the pro was riding this board.

If this board is delaminating now, my thought is that they might be unsafe, I have read tons of threads about broken boards causing injuries, so I just wanted to know what boards every one else was using, if they had seen this problem before etc.

My son is only 11 years old and loves this sport, I am just trying to get him on something that will stand up.
Old     (lfrider139)      Join Date: May 2007       07-10-2007, 5:20 AM Reply   
yeah, just get it swapped out...chances are that you wont have this problem with another one and if you do then it might be time to switch companies or models....but for now i would just get it replaced for free instead of dropping the $ on a new ride
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-10-2007, 9:12 AM Reply   
sand down that area and epoxy it up... looks like the board may have been trimmed too close to the core when they were trimming the excess and maybe it was stood on end at one point on a rough surface... spend 10 bucks and fix it yourself or wait for a new one, I've got a bunch of spots on my board that the topsheet delamed a bit, I just epoxied it... altho it is a bit older
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 9:44 AM Reply   
Duane what brand of board do you ride?
This one is doing that in several spots and like I said before just wondering if it is a common problem.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       07-10-2007, 12:46 PM Reply   
Ive got an 05 liquid force substance, right at the corners it started to separate and a few other spots the edges wore through so the foam was exposed, and by worn through I dont mean sliders or dropping it or anything, I just epoxied it up, I also have a spot along my rail I gotta fix where a carbon handle slammed it, durable board but just not a whole lot of material on the edges until you hit the foam core...
Old     (boomerang)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-10-2007, 5:36 PM Reply   
Thanks for the input.