Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 05, 2004

Old    wakeboard4568            02-11-2004, 4:20 PM Reply   
OKay, well I love to compete but in the last 3 comps i was in, I did all teh same tricks that i've always done and im starting to get bored with them. My biggest thing is grabs which is pretty pahtetic haha. So anyway, whats something good to learn next? I've never tried spins so im thinking of that....but ill take any advice.

THnaks, Elisabeth
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-11-2004, 4:36 PM Reply   
backrolls. Have fun.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       02-11-2004, 4:40 PM Reply   
180's toe and heel side. I find Toe side easier, but start with bunny hop 180's outside the wake first. Then work on toe side, then heel, or what is more comfortable for you. The key to 180's is to let go with your front hand, and land holding the rope with your back hand. Once you dial those in you can work on 3's and stuff like that.
Old    c_dub_bizzle            02-11-2004, 6:10 PM Reply   
yeah get your 180's down. Grab that and then start some inverts or bigger spins. Good luck!
Old    wakeboard4568            02-12-2004, 12:53 PM Reply   
Jim, thats what I've been wanting to try...I think that once I get my spins down I'm gonna try it. I've been working on spins and jumping on the tramp so yeah. I can only do the Surface 180, but i've tried w2w 180s and all I need to do now is land em.
Elisabeth
Old    wakeboard_iraq            02-12-2004, 1:24 PM Reply   
If you really want to try them, have somebody in the boat that knows how to do it first. I never had that and had no less than 150 failed attempts before figuring out a very simple solution (for me - different for everybody). Some people have a hard time being upside down - that was not the problem for me - it was simple: "take it easy - just go W2W".

If somebody was around to tell me that - I would not have suffered so much. haha
Old     (got_river)      Join Date: Jul 2002       02-12-2004, 1:40 PM Reply   
Elisabeth,

If possible, I would check out Jeremy Kovak's book "Wake Physics". It is advertised above on one of the rotating banners. Not only is the book a great instructional tool, but with the more advanced tricks, it tells you what you need to be able to have down pat before you can move on. The pics are amazing as well.

(Message edited by got river on February 12, 2004)
Old    wakeboard4568            02-13-2004, 2:20 PM Reply   
My freind Aaron is really good and he is supposed to come down here in may to stay for the weekend and teach me some junk..

"WAKE PHYSICS?" Thats weird you should mention that cause the other night I was at sun and ski up at the mall and i picked up that book and was looking at it!!...If u say its good then I;m gonna buy it. Thankks a lot

ELisabeth