Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (jessicasurf)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-02-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
I just moved to San Diego and I am away from my sponsor who has previously trained me for all the wake surfing events. I am looking to hook up with riders or even prospective riders looking for tips. Please contact me.
Cheers,
Jessica Oswald
jessicasurf@hotmail.com
World Wake Surf Champion
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-03-2005, 11:43 AM Reply   
Jessica,

Welcome to San Diego, and Wakeworld. I am sure you will like both places.

I would be happy to take you for pulls. I have an 05 VLX, couple of 400 lb sacks, and 400 lbs of lead (no real fat friends though). We have been trying to get the whole surfing thing dialed in, and have been doing OK, but are always game for some tips. I try to make it to the lake a couple times a week, and right now it is usually in the afternoon.

Since you are new to SD, I am not sure if you are aware of the lake hours. San Vicente is open Thu-Sun, closed the other days. Basically sunrise to sunset. El Capitan just opened a few weeks ago, but from what I understand, it is pretty small, getting pretty crowded, and is open, I believe, Fri-Sun. Other than that, you have the salt water (Mission Bay and SD Bay).

PM me and we can talk more. Looking forward to getting you out there. We really like surfing, but sure could use some tips.

Take care.

Mike(Buzz)
Old     (jessicasurf)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-04-2005, 2:44 PM Reply   
Excellent Mike,

I am eager to go riding. I leave on Tuesday for Santa Cruz and will be back on the 14th, please let me know if you are going riding anytime before or after that date. I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Jessica Oswald
jessicasurf@hotmail.com
World Wake Surf Champion

(Message edited by jessicasurf on June 04, 2005)
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-04-2005, 8:31 PM Reply   
Jessica,

Good to hear back from you. I am taking a Shasta trip from the 12th through the 18th. Any time after that, I am good to go. I am afraid I will probably not be going out before that since I am working a bunch, and have to get the boat ready for the trip.

PM me and I will send you my phone number.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Take care!

Mike (Buzz)
Old     (jessicasurf)      Join Date: Jun 2005       06-05-2005, 12:02 AM Reply   
Hey Buzz,

I am new to San Diego and I am also very new to discussion boards. I will PM you but I am uncertain as to what exactly it is.

I look forward to riding post Shasta.

Cheers,

Jessica Oswald
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-05-2005, 3:51 PM Reply   
Jessica,

PM is private message. If you click on my profile name, there will be an e-mail address for me. You can click on that and send me an e-mail, or at the bottom. there is an area to click on that you can send a private message through this board. Not much difference. Either way is fine.

Hope to hear from you.

Buzz
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-08-2005, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hey, wanna go to Shasta??
Old     (greg__s)      Join Date: Jul 2004       06-14-2005, 9:58 AM Reply   
Hey, wanna go to Shasta??

Very smooth!

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-18-2005, 9:35 AM Reply   
Hey, I am just that way!! Can't help myself!

Jessica,

I'm back. I will PM you with my number, and we will get you out. I am ready for some pointers.

Greg,

Hope you are having fun in Shasta.