Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-15-2005, 9:57 PM Reply   
I need some help deciding what board I should get/demo. I will start by giving you guys some info about my riding ability and height and weight.

I am 5-11 185lbs

I am an intermediate rider(usually ride behind a V-drive with a great wake), I can do a couple of inverts and a couple of spins from my hs, and only fs 180's and grabs from my ts. I know that I am not great by any means but I would like to continue to progress.

The board that I am riding now is a 04 parks 138. I like the way that the parks holds edge, but it lands like a ton of bricks and I dont feel like I have any consistency off the wake. Probably should not have bought the board in the first place, but that's another story.

The board that I had before the parks was a 02 LF team 139.5. I wasn't real impressed with the pop from the board, and I didnt like the cupped fins.

At one of my local shops I can get awesome deals on any HL or LF boards and I can demo anything for free, at my other local shop I am going to have to pay retail if I decide to go with a CWB board and its going to cost me $25 to demo each board. The two boards that have intrigued me the most thus far after doing some research are the 05 CWB absolute and the CWB Marius. I have not had a chance to demo either of these boards.
If I have the shop order in the Marius and I dont like it then I can exchange it for no charge for the absolute.

With my riding style do you guys think that the absolute or the marius is going to be a good fit for me, or do you think that I will be better served to go with a HL or a LF board?

Thanks
Old     (airwarrior04)      Join Date: Aug 2004       05-16-2005, 7:25 AM Reply   
I rode the 3Ds. It is an awesome board. It was quik ad fast just like your parks. It has a abrubt continuous rocker so it still gets you high but aslo not as high as your parks. It lands uper soft. Also check out this years parks its more consistant than previous years they said they toned it down a LITTLE bit. As fas as CWB goes im not familiar with there boards so i cant tell you much about them.
Old     (mhsb1029)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-16-2005, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thanks Zack I am going to see if I can demo that 3ds in the coming week. Any of you guys have some input on the CWB boards?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-16-2005, 11:00 AM Reply   
Just about everyone that has ridden an Absolute loves it. I know I do. Great board. See if you can demo one.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-16-2005, 11:23 AM Reply   
The CWB line is awesome. The Absolute and Marius are my favorites. Also try the Flame, Tatoo and, Transcend.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-16-2005, 12:02 PM Reply   
The CWB's are freaking awesome. I've been riding the Absolute series for a couple years now & this years is by far the best ride of them all. Can you put that $25 demo price towards your purchase? you should. I was talking to Trevor about his board this weekend & he is completely obsessed with it. A few other CWB riders were also singing it's praises. It's a big board but rides much smaller than it is. I'd try it out & the Absolute. CWB is pushing shapes & I like how every year they improve on their awesome shapes.