Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (rottenland)      Join Date: Sep 2013       09-19-2013, 9:20 AM Reply   
So I've decided to buy a boat. I spent some time on a friends boat this summer, rented a Sea-Doo Utopia 205, and now I need a boat of my own.

I've got a wife and three small kids. The primary use of the boat will be to cruise around with friends, but I want to start wake boarding and trying out wake surfing, etc. I also want to teach my kids to wake board. I want a boat that seats 10 at least.

My soft price limit is $15,000, but I'd rather spend $12-13k if possible. I've been reading a lot about different boats and wanted to base my large purchase by using input from random strangers on the internet. That's you!

I see lots of threads just asking "What boat should I buy?" but that is vague and doesn't really help the buyer. What I want to do is show some boats I have been eyeing and asking for feedback based on these boats, or another boat that may fit my criteria that actually exists and are for sale.

Boat #1: 1992 SUPRA SALTARE $12,900
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...tare-101916273
Great ski / wakeboard boat that runs and looks great. Powered by 7.4 with lots of power and great stereo with CD. Roswell wakeboard tower. Ready for the water. It is a 1992, but looks and runs more like a much newer boat.

Boat #2: 2000 Centurion Elite $15,500 firm
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...Warrior-365096
21' Eclipse V Drive Elite315 Hp 5.7 Litre Mercruiser 570 hoursTeak swim step, snap out carpet, Bimini top, 1 year old custom cover,45 gallon center ballast, 45 gallon fuel capacity. Pro flight fold down wake board tower, hot/cold shower, stereo with USB and removable face, 4 speakers.90% of the interior has been recovered this year This is not a direct drive boat it is a V drive and they are very hard to find in this price range anywhere. The 315 HP Mercruiser runs perfect and has a ton of power to pull anything. With the ballast empty it is a great slamom ski boat. The gelcoat shines nicley and has been well taken care of. Although this boat isn't new it runs as well as the first day it was on the water and it isn't 70-100K like the new ones. There is some wear on the sun deck but other than that the vinyl is very good. Runs great, professional tune up this season. New stainless prop. Great beginner/intermediate wake boarding boat.V/M Tandem axle trailor.Priced to sell,

Boat #3 2000 Mariah Shabah Z202 Asking $13000 obo
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/boa/4049387162.html
2000 Mariah Shabah Z202 special edition red
Won't find another Mariah in this nice of condition.
-Title in hand-
- 305 5.0 mercruiser motor. With 4 blade prop cruises about 40mph with 3 blade 47mph
- 192.3 hours
- Alpha 1 outdrive
- 4 blade 19 pitch stainless steel prop and 3 blade 21 pitch as prop
In awesome condition. Interior is like new. 9/10 I'd say
-Bright red gets all the attention
- Monster tower with 2 boss audio 500 watt tower speakers.
-Kenwood cd/mp3 player stereo deck with focal front speakers
-Alpine 10 inch sub woofer under sun deck
-Matching 2000 Prestige red double axle trailer
Starts up instantly and runs so smooth. Just did a tune up, plugs wires cap and rotor and changes out the lower unit oil and oil change and fuel filter in last 2 weeks.
-Seats 10 people.

Boat #4 87 Supra Saltare $9500
http://bend.craigslist.org/boa/3945801887.html
new baby forces sale, I am not able to use it enough to justify keeping it, so some other lucky individual will be able to use it. Boat is equipped with 454 PCM, inboard direct drive with low hours 445, bought it with 370. I am the second owner. Fresh oil change, new tranny fluid, impeller,spark plugs, intake hoses this season. Has electric ignition. Boat is the best surfing boat I have ever owned, hate to sell it bought if momma aint happy, aint nobody happy!
I had the entire interior (vinyl,foam, and seat bases)professionally redone 2 years ago, So the interior is amazing!
Boat is setup with fat sacks (up to 2100 LBS) perfect for surfing or wake boarding. I had big plans to hard wire in all the ballast but just have not had the time. Also has a custom built box behind driver seat (starboard side) that holds a 850 LB fat sack for surfing or wakebaording, which enables you to still walk that space and still have ballast there, was going to custom make a seat there, again have not had time!
Boat is trailered on a dual axle Supra trailer, with surge brakes and has 4 brand new Goodyear tires on it.
Some lucky individual will enjoy this for years to come, it is a big open bow cruiser with a max occupancy of 10!

Boat #5 1999 Moomba Mobius $14500
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/4049321421.html
1999 Moomba Mobius direct drive, 464 hrs, 21 ft length. Well maintianed, excellent reliability with the Indmar 350 engine. Always garaged (collapsable Monster Tower, folding trailer tongue), custom bimini top which fits over the tower, (3) pop up cleats, depth/fish finder, new Sony stereo and JBL amp, boat cover, bow cover, dual batteries with perko switch, bearing buddys, rollers on rear portion of trailer, removabel fiberglass ski platform, extra 3 bladded prop, (3) fat sacks, wakeboard rack, ski rack, mirror, anchor, heater
Black hull, white/grey interior, carpeted floor

Boat #6 1997 maxum $12500
http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/boa/4018618273.html
22' open bow with tower
v - drive
just put new stereo in it with I pod and usb hook ups
350 scorpion vett motor.
4 blade ss prop
sun deck
makes huge wakes with rear motor
rap around seats
has 170ish hour and counting, I live next to the river.
new tags will be here this week

Boat #7 1999 Ski Centurion $15999
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/4062991906.html
Price reduced, books for $19,000! This wakeboard boat is 21.5' long, has a 350mag mpi fuel injected motor with 500hrs. It runs great, oil changed last month. Comes with tower, racks, 4tower speakers, kicker speakers, sub, and amp with led lights that change with the music, pioneer deck with iPod hookup. Ballast tank with autofill, 4 blade stainless steel prop, tournament ski pylon, ski mirror, teak swim step, hot and cold shower, and depth sounder. Clear title, tabs are good until June 2014. This wake board boat is in very good condition for the year.

Last edited by rottenland; 09-19-2013 at 9:25 AM. Reason: Added prices