Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    sherlock633            09-02-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
tell sum of ur stories of u beefin it.
Old    walt            09-02-2004, 3:04 PM Reply   
Do You mean what makes us mad ?
Old    leftcoastpunk            09-02-2004, 3:09 PM Reply   
Kids with brand new mastercrafts and hyperlite boards that cant even jump the wake driving down the middle of the channel and doing power turns.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 3:52 PM Reply   
When a slalom skier is trying to dock start behind a jet ski at a very busy boat launch dock when I'm trying to pick up some friends from the dock.
Old     (wakestar8878)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-02-2004, 3:53 PM Reply   
If you mean new to wakeworld, this link will explain it.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/177187.html?1089236347

(Message edited by wakestar8878 on September 02, 2004)
Old    byerly137pro            09-02-2004, 4:14 PM Reply   
Tubers! enough said.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-02-2004, 4:27 PM Reply   
Malibu Wakesetter XTI pulling 2 tubes from the tower.

Fisherman who you stay away from so you dont send them rollers, but they go by your head at 50mph when you are in the water waiting to get pulled.
Old    anim8or            09-02-2004, 5:18 PM Reply   
Stupid parents who let their 12 year old kid drive a jet ski, inevitably following 20 feet behind a wakeboarder I'm towing to jump off our boat wake. had 1 miss my friend by 5 feet one time.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 5:26 PM Reply   
powerturning (throws rollers down the slough/channel/lake and ruins the water for everyone); inexperienced jet skiers.

and hey, for those rich kids with the MC's, they have to start somewhere too. but yeah, that is frustrating to see hella sweet setups with no one able to do anything. oh well, lucky them
Old    sherlock633            09-02-2004, 5:37 PM Reply   
i actually ment falling, getting hurt, wat not to do so u dont get a finger missing.
Old    walt            09-02-2004, 5:59 PM Reply   
Don't run with scissors.
Old     (jaegermaster)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-02-2004, 6:38 PM Reply   
...you'll put your eye out.
Old    ricktrav            09-02-2004, 6:49 PM Reply   
POWER TURNS, when the rider drops put the boat in neutral idle and turn and pick up your rider. keep the water as nice for everyone as you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-02-2004, 8:33 PM Reply   
Ditto on the Jet Skiers following you. Everyone has a right to use the lake, but they don't have the right to follow you around. Even if they keep their distance, following you around negates your right to try and find a good spot to ride without someone intentionally fouling it up for you.
Old    walt            09-02-2004, 8:48 PM Reply   
I was up at Pillsbury last month and going into the marina for gas and noticed two girls on a SeaDoo at the entrance to the Marina. they kept staring at Me but did not say a word so I looked over to My left and there was a guy in the water on a air chair behind the dock. I said don't the girls Have a flag ? His reply was Yes but they didn't think they needed it and that's why He was trying to hold the rope out of the water.
If I didn't look over and see Him at the last second I would of hit Him and my boat would of grabbed the rope and tossed the two girls on the SeaDoo.
These people were beyond stupid.
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
Not allowed to post for over a month here because I didn't follow the rules of Wakeworld.
Old    byerly137pro            09-03-2004, 8:13 AM Reply   
What rule did you break?
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
all of them
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-03-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
I think i will be declare a stupid newbie after this question, but it's because i speak french i am from quebec and i dont understand everything in english can somebody explain me what is a powerturn ?

sorry about that
Old     (mango)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-03-2004, 8:19 AM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/1/181273.html
Old     (toolfan)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-03-2004, 8:25 AM Reply   
what are the BEST bindings???
which board will suit my style the best???
how do you do a backroll???
Old    r_dub            09-03-2004, 8:30 AM Reply   
Mango, you got supspended?, lol
I thought you were on vacation or something.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-03-2004, 8:48 AM Reply   
ok thanks i read about power turns, i was knowing what it is but not the terms, so now i can say :

YES, POWERTURNS SUCKSSSS and when somebody make this near to me i take out my paintball gun and i paint him in red !!!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-03-2004, 8:49 AM Reply   
not serious about the paintball, but it could be very very very nic3e sometimes !!!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-03-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
And another things that happend to me last week, we were chilling in the boat and we were not in the line of anybody, but a boat still turn around us while he was tubing (%???&$?&?& tubes), he got enough place to go far from us (i am on the fleuve st-laurent) he can go to atlantic ocean if he want, but no he was stilling tubing around us, after 15 minutes i tell him to go away.
After the got a ski out, start to ski, they came right on us with their boat i was sure they where will hit us with their boat, but at the last seconds the boat turns and the skier carve hard to SPLASSHHH us in the boat, you cannot understand how we were angry, but the thing is because he fall right after just beside our boat, my friend was taking off is shirt to jump in the water and pucnh im right away but i calm him down, and is mother was comming and say, why you dont get away from us, you diserved what my son did, now my friend want to hit the mother.... no i am joking, but after they leave and we never see them again !!

That story placed me so angry at this time that my fun was finish for the rest of the day.
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-03-2004, 8:57 AM Reply   
sorry for my bad english sentence and terms i try to do my best !
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-03-2004, 9:06 AM Reply   
Wake addict, That's ok about the English. It's about the same as alot of kids on here that actually call English their native language. Plus i think it's funny.
Old     (noti_dad)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-03-2004, 10:20 AM Reply   
People not following directions at ramps for loading and unloading. Lake Samm has this posted at the pay station in BIG letters and all the duma$$z still launch in the pickup and pickup in the launch. Frustrating when you're waiting to get off the lake and everyone is launching in the pickups. Also those that tie to the launch docks while someone is getting the trailer. They just sit and block the lane and can't figure why people are giving them the finger. ARRRRRGH!
Old     (radikal)      Join Date: Feb 2004       09-03-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
and 2 weeks ago a stupid guy, came back from boarding and put is boat on the trialer at the boat ramp, he start towing is boat out of the water and in the middle of the ramp he get out of the car with a friend, open the cooler and open a can of beer, without thinking that 15 persons want to use the ramp, some guys start to scream at them and this result in a small gay fight !!!

Hint : if you came here contact me i will give you a pull in montreal, and we will laugh about stupid people that used the river here, so dumb stupid people, i am sure that is the place where the users are most stupid !!! (i am not included in that kind of people me for sure)
Old     (jman)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-06-2004, 6:58 PM Reply   
These tubers who circle all around the lake making big rollers all over the place, and turning some nice butter to wavy unridable conditions
Old     (fidelis)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-06-2004, 7:25 PM Reply   
when there's a whole lake and some idiot is just making monster rollers with is 26ft cabin cruiser right next to wear you're trying to make a pass and you leave and he follows you! thats why they have flare guns..only if they were more accurate...but needless to say i never saw the guy again...but actually i had to tell that one..but for the new guys. when attempting a raley look straight at the tower or pylons becuz where you look your body follows..and i ended up doing the most disgusting looking S bend ever and fell from like 14 ft..and my boys felt like they were in my stomach
Old     (jwb)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-06-2004, 8:25 PM Reply   
i was down in a empty finger of the ozarks when this bigA$$ cabin cruiser pullin a tuber rolls up right behind me while i am waiting in the water. finally ends veering off to the right at the last possible second. Then after he passed us did we realize that the 3 people in the boat werent even steering it. they were just letting it go wherever. Focusing on the dumba$$ tube....
Old     (gnelson)      Join Date: Jun 2003       09-06-2004, 8:45 PM Reply   
I'll definately echo what noti dad said. Idiots that block the boat launch by tying up to the side of the dock that everyone is trying to load on while they casually walk up and get there rig. Also tubers and PWC.
Old    tclagggym            09-06-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Landing in the flats when your 40.
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-07-2004, 8:40 AM Reply   
Trying to launch from a busy boat ramp on Labor Day Weekend to find out that one side of the ramp is completely blocked by about 6 cars full of idiots offloading their stuff onto the dock to load up a deck boat. Needless to say I was not happy to wait. Thought about making a huge wake in the marina and swamping all their gear on the dock but was the better man. Best advice to newbies...don't block the boat ramp, and wear boxer briefs under the board shorts to protect the little guys.
Old     (mpayette)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-18-2004, 7:47 PM Reply   
I hate fisherman in a hot no wind day that come and camp on your way when they saw you there for 2 hrs