Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-16-2004, 10:20 PM Reply   
I live in Santa Cruz and am looking for the best and lcosest lake to wakeboard on. Anybody have any clues for me??? PLease HELP!!!
Old    norcal_99            05-16-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
It's not a lake, but the delta is only two hours max from Santa Cruz.

As for lakes, San Antonio & Naci are the closest big lakes, I think.

Some smaller lakes in San Jose, Morgan Hill and Gilroy are Calero, Anderson, and Coyote.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-16-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
Calero, Anderson, Nacimiento, San Antonio? Aren't these lakes close to you?
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-16-2004, 10:29 PM Reply   
Yeah those lakes are close, but i have been trying to find out on the internet if they allow boarders or not, so i'll try and find a phone number, any one recamend one of those lakes more then the other though? Thanks guys
Old    norcal_99            05-16-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
They all allow wakeboarders.
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
Does anyone have a website or a phone number for coyote to call about prices for launching and all that good stuff?
Old     (gfyone)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-17-2004, 2:39 PM Reply   
i think its 10 buck for truck and boat at coyote
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-17-2004, 2:44 PM Reply   
Thanks Scott, still does anyone have a website or phone numbber so i can get an adress for directions. Man i have never felt so retarded in all my life, i feel like that kid who keeps asking, "why, Why" sorry guys, but thanks for the help.
Old     (gfyone)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-17-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
parkhere.org is the santa clara county site.

anderson, coyote and calero are all on there
Old    grampawakerider            05-17-2004, 9:08 PM Reply   
I have in my hands a book called "Recreation Lakes of California 25th Anniversary Edition." Strangely though it doesn't cover the Delta. Prob cuz not a lake. This is what is says... Data on Calero: Entrance fee $4, lake use fee $5. THere is a note here on Calero: Due to the fluctuating levels of the gasoline additive MTBE in the waters of the county's resevoirs, boating usage may be affected. Please call (408) 358-3741 ext. 110 for current info. Anderson: Entrance fee$4. Dock boat use fee: $5. SPEED limit of 35 mph. Same note and number about the MTBE levels. Coyote: Day use: $4. Lake use $5. Speed limit 35mph. Also same note and number about MTBE. I go to San Antonio all the time, boat and trailer is $14. Nacimiento: Day use fee: $10, "County water use fee": $5. Prices could have gone up since the New Year, but info on SA is 100% current.
Old    norcal_99            05-17-2004, 10:21 PM Reply   
Geoff, Coyote is really small, and they allow jetskis You'd be better off at Anderson or Calero.

If you ever want to meet there let me know.
Old     (jklein)      Join Date: May 2001       05-18-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
Coyote also has a limit to the number of vessles as does Anderson and Calero. You need reservations on the weekends at Anderson and Calero. Coyote doesn't need reservations, but it's first come first served.
Old    wake_mom            05-18-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
Come to Naci, 17 miles of beautiful water. Contact the Nacimiento Public Resort at ...www.nacimientoresort.com or if you want the gusto, private vacation home on the lake for weekly rental... www.lakevacationrental.com

Wake-UP, Leslie
Old     (purana182)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-18-2004, 2:36 PM Reply   
Does anyone have any idea what it will be like out there this friday? And Rene, i would totally love to meet you out there, but this time i have a full boat, but i will let you know next time for sure.
Old    dubers            05-18-2004, 2:47 PM Reply   
Calero shouldn't be as bad on Friday as a weekend day. Get there early and the water should be alright, I think they open at 6:30 or 7. With the wind we've been having around here the water wont be very good by 11 am. Make sure you get your gas at a 76 and bring a reciept or they wont let you in.